Need help with tank on a Riva 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
I just got my first tank in the mail today.
Its a smoktech dct with a 2.5 ohm carto. The big kind that holds around 5-6ml
I bought an extra carto.
I filled up the tank and then the carto that came with the tank using a syringe.
After letting the juice sink in for a while i tried to vape it.
Barely any vape,and it felt like i filled my lungs with juice.
After fiddling with it for a while i emptied the tank and took the carto out thinking i had flooded it.
I blew it out a few times and then tried vaping the carto without the tank,with the same result, really hard throat hit
that makes me cough. Like it doesn't fire enough or something...

I've now tried the spare carto with it and its better,but theres not alot of vape really.
Nothing compared to the Boge cartos i'm usually using with this juice.
The juice is a menthol diy at 60/40 so should be plenty of vape.

I'm vaping on a riva 510,and also tried it on a Ego passthrough with the same result.
I have a lavatube on the way, will it work better on that one?
Just wondering if im doing something wrong or if i have the wrong gear.

VPC

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
USA
Frank I am new to tanks/DCC and have a few tanks (1 DCT) on the way. The M&P 3.0 ohm, Smok Tek DCT 1.5 ohm 3.5 ml and the Riva T Tank 3.0 ohm, was also going to order the Vision Stone II but they were out of stock. I'm using ego's with Boge 2.0 now but have the Mini LT ordered and waiting shipment.

To my understanding and research the ST DCT for an ego type should be a 1.5 ohm. if you look on their website.

1.5 ohm for 3-5v
2.0 ohm for 5-6v
2. 5 ohm for 6-7v

You can try it on the Lavatube but I don't think (DCT's) will work well on the LT from what I have read but I could be wrong since I haven't got my LT yet to try it myself. I bought the Smok tek 1.5ohm DCT for my ego batteries to try.

See links below if we are talking about the same DCT for sure. Second is for the ohms and voltage and see comment on ego types under note.

SmokTank XL - Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank - New tank design for 510 PV's! 6ml 1.5ohm

Dual Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the 6ml SmokTank

Hopefully others will post to help you out on this I am new to tanks and dual coil carto's.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm not a fan or dual coils in a tank. If you have a 2.5 DC carto and you're using it on a riva batt.. that may be a bit too high resistance to get good vapor. You'll probably have better luck with higher voltage. I do use dual coil cartos but not in a tank and I use them at high voltage. when I did use my riva batt, I used it with smoktech 1.7 ohm single coil cartos. I still use the smoktech 1.7 single coils on my vv devices at around 4v.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Thanks for the replies.
Wish i had come by those links before ordering vpc.I chose 2.5 ohms cause i thought it would be better for the lavatube.
I saw someone mention it wouldnt fit on the lavatube in a youtube review,but others say it isnt a problem.
If theres a problem i'll just have to order the 510 ego adapter.
Chose this dct cause it was the only kind i could find at a resonable price from uk with free shipping.
If they had tanks using boges i think i would of gone for those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread