Need help with the new Smok GX350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Desjean

Feb 24, 2017
Hello, my girlfriend just bought the new 4cell gx350 Max wattage is 350, she loves it, I love it (when I steal it and crank it up with my tfv12) but quite often the thing sets itself to 350 watts! She's cooked more than 3 atomizers for her tfv8, and has switched back to her 213. Has anyone who has this mod had that problem? If anyone even has some basic troubleshooting that we can try out we would be eternally grateful!!

PS. This is my first post, first time finding this forum. What a cool place, glad to have joined the community!

Reactions: comeonhitme

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome to ECF!

Probably few responses since the GX350 is so new and few have them yet, including me. I am not sure how new you are to vaping or using higher end mods, but the only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of "user error", or better stated user intervention. Can you eliminate any and all possibility that the power adjustment button was not held down? The only reason I mention this is because it has happened to me. Stuck my vape in my shirt pocket for a few minutes (just sitting in my car waiting), pulled it out and took a hit, and it knocked my socks off. Looked at it and it had adjusted watts up to the max 200 watts for my TFV4. Out of my 9 mods, that has only happened once. But I have now adopted the practice of locking any of them when even putting them in a shirt pocket, even for a couple minutes.

If that is not at all possible, you might want to check the smok site for information and any possible software updates. If nothing there, maybe send them an e-mail explaining what happened so they are aware and can address any issues with future updates.

It would also be helpful for others if you keep us updated with your findings. Good luck!

Taylor Desjean

Feb 24, 2017
Thank you for the reply! I was afraid with how new the mod is that there wouldn't be any responses at all.

I am very experienced with high end mods, tanks, and rebuildables. I work at a small family owned Vaporizer store. My girlfriend is not so much, but I did rule out user error. Not only does it skyrocket to 350 without being touched it can be easily reproduced simply from attaching a tank.

I have been looking for updates but it seems there is none. I did email Smok, they have not responded, it's been 4 days. We contacted the wholesaler for the store and told them this is a problem with not only this one but the other purple one we received as well. They said we must have broken them, both of them, even with different owners and the exact same problem.

It's become very frustrating, up to 8 cooked coils now and it is officially a $140 ornament on our bookshelf :(

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I am very experienced with high end mods, tanks, and rebuildables. I work at a small family owned Vaporizer store. My girlfriend is not so much, but I did rule out user error.

Sounds like you have resources available to help you out. Didn't smok open a customer service/warranty center here in the states, Madvapes or something like that? Not sure if your e-mail was to them or China.

Also curious if the two purple ones you mention are the only ones you/your shop got and is the problem with all 350's regardless of color? Knowing that may help others thinking of picking one up.

Reactions: nancybout

Taylor Desjean

Feb 24, 2017
Sounds like you have resources available to help you out. Didn't smok open a customer service/warranty center here in the states, Madvapes or something like that? Not sure if your e-mail was to them or China.

Also curious if the two purple ones you mention are the only ones you/your shop got and is the problem with all 350's regardless of color? Knowing that may help others thinking of picking one up.
Only the purple ones, unless the people with Gold aren't speaking up. I've exhausted my resources and have now turned to the Internet to try and fix it myself. I've been scouring the web and it seems like I am thr only person with this issue or at least the only one talking about it. It's really frustrating, I watched my girlfriend peel the plastic off the mod, put in 4 new authentic batteries, a new set as we wanted a married set of 4. Same type we use in every other smok mod we own. (I've even used them in other mods to make sure they weren't the problem, they aren't) and then watched it crank to 350 watts. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. At this point my basic consensus is to avoid the purple ones, because I'm 0 for 2 on them and the jury is still out on the gold ones. We have 4 golds, 3 are sold. I spoke to one of the owners today and he said he is absolutely in love with the mod, Only had praise for it. I'm glad he can enjoy what is clearly an amazing mod, I just wish I could see my gf have the same experience.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have been waiting to actually hold one of these and see if the size is too much for me, so not encouraging to hear of some problems. My last couple of thoughts, and believe me, they are nothing more then thoughts and worth exactly what I am charging for them....which is absolutely nothing! :D

A stuck wattage up button. Maybe rapidly tap the button, tap the :censored: out of it. Guessing you have already tried that, but......

Lastly, does the GX350 have a factory reset like the G-Priv? If so, give that a try.

If all else fails, I have heard some talk here about problems with the software update on the Alien and some way to remove the software and then load a prior version from another mod. Not sure if that is exactly what was done, but something in that ballpark. If there is a way, copy the software from a working mod?

By all means, keep us posted, especially if you find a fix. That is just one of the great things about ECF, one place that can help with any and all problems.

crazyclouds666

Feb 27, 2017
Hello, my girlfriend just bought the new 4cell gx350 Max wattage is 350, she loves it, I love it (when I steal it and crank it up with my tfv12) but quite often the thing sets itself to 350 watts! She's cooked more than 3 atomizers for her tfv8, and has switched back to her 213. Has anyone who has this mod had that problem? If anyone even has some basic troubleshooting that we can try out we would be eternally grateful!!

PS. This is my first post, first time finding this forum. What a cool place, glad to have joined the community!

Hi Taylor, I am new to the forum too. I just bought mine from element vape, I've bought quite a bit of gear from them and never had a problem. After unboxing and hooking up my tfv8 it worked like a charm for a few hours until a demon possessed the damn mod. I was vaping and while it was in my hand it started to fire on its own, I had to quickly unscrew my atty and then it stopped. I did notice like a beeping sound; almost like an alarm of sorts before and while I was unscrewing the atty, and then I pulled the batteries (just to clarify they were purple brand new imrens that I also bought with the mod). After I pulled the cells to check them I saw they were okay and put them back in. The mod started fine and could fire my atty. After that I noticed that when I remove the atty and push the fire button it doesn't say check atomizer like all other mods, but instead when I push the button it acts like there is an atty, it reads just as if there was an atty on, and I repeat this happens without the tank on the mod. I also tried a different tank on it and it didn't ask if it was a new coil to reset the ohms. The mod fires fine and the wattage can be adjusted normally. It hasn't done the beeping and self firing anymore, but I'm concerned that it doesn't recognize when there is no tank attached and you can just fire it, not that it does anything when you do but it means that safety feature is disabled. I hope we can get an update that fixes the issue.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Not just the purple...got the black/red kit...mine not only shoots up to 350...also cranks down to 6 and will jump into strength modes. It literally seems possessed.
i will watch it light up while it's sitting on the table and do it's thing randomly

That is some scary :censored: right there! :evil: :shock:

But the post does raise a question here-to-for never mentioned.....does it do this while in TC mode, power mode, or both? Not that that really matters. o_O

Taylor Desjean

Feb 24, 2017
Not just the purple...got the black/red kit...mine not only shoots up to 350...also cranks down to 6 and will jump into strength modes. It literally seems possessed. i will watch it light up while it's sitting on the table and do it's thing randomly
Yes!! This exactly!! I've come to the conclusion, after days and days of fiddling that it's probably the buttons, they're super touchy. Like it takes no pressure at all for the mod to recognize a button push. I have not experienced any atomizer issues or random firing though. That's very concerning. I'm gonna see if there's a way that I can remove the wattage change button. If it still cranks itself up and down on a whim then I'll be able to rule that out. Until then I think my problem is more hardware than firmware. I hope they can push an update that will require more pressure to register a button press. I'd rather struggle to change the wattage than constantly cook atomizer you know?

Taylor Desjean

Feb 24, 2017
I have been waiting to actually hold one of these and see if the size is too much for me, so not encouraging to hear of some problems. My last couple of thoughts, and believe me, they are nothing more then thoughts and worth exactly what I am charging for them....which is absolutely nothing! :D

A stuck wattage up button. Maybe rapidly tap the button, tap the :censored: out of it. Guessing you have already tried that, but......

Lastly, does the GX350 have a factory reset like the G-Priv? If so, give that a try.

If all else fails, I have heard some talk here about problems with the software update on the Alien and some way to remove the software and then load a prior version from another mod. Not sure if that is exactly what was done, but something in that ballpark. If there is a way, copy the software from a working mod?

By all means, keep us posted, especially if you find a fix. That is just one of the great things about ECF, one place that can help with any and all problems.
I did try tapping the button until my fingers were sore. No luck. I do think it has to do with the buttons though. More responses coming about this problem. I'm gonna try flat out removing them and then see where we stand. As of this morning I have still not found a fix, or even work around.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016

I'm telling you bro, stay away from Smok products.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm telling you bro, stay away from Smok products.
The gx350 seems to have some issues but other than that recent Smok mods have been great. Their tanks seem to have been top notch for even longer (though I can't base this on my own experience as I don't use clearos).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
The gx350 seems to have some issues but other than that recent Smok mods have been great. Their tanks seem to have been top notch for even longer (though I can't base this on my own experience as I don't use clearos).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk
Glad Smok's working out for you man, my Smok Gx320 broke down instantly !

Conphill

Mar 13, 2017

This is crazy, Im on spring break and left my mod inside while I went out on the boat thinking I was doing something good. When I got back I put some juice in it and fired it up and noticed I just hit it at 350!? I usually use it on 150, so it was really surprising. I then tried it turn down the wattage and it kept locking itself (I think its something wrong with the right button) Usually you click both at the same time to lock it on the GX350; but it would randomly lock itself when I was trying to turn it down. It will jump in to the vaping menu(soft, med and hard) and cycle through those.... its so weird, I am getting annoyed with mods that dont work after less than a month. Last I had the Wismec Reuleaux rx2/3 and went through two of those in a month, now this is screwing up.

Any idea what is causing it?? I was thinking maybe some juice got under te button....

Reactions: Kim74

nancybout

ECF Veteran
Maybe it's the 510 on that one ? I dont know
GOOD LUCK and I hope problem gets resolved!
It should have a warranty and it sounds so NEW-
Why no exchange?
I had juice spill down my old sigelie etc
I keep the same top on my RX200-
For now the TVF8
Loved when I had the cleito on it (neater smaller) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread