Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New York
The only two brands I've felt with in the electronic cigarette game are Vapor 4 Life and Vapor King. And I'm getting sick of both of them. I like my Vapor King Storm battery but the clearomizers are garbage. They burn out for me within a day. I was hoping some one could recommend me something that was compatible with my Storms battery.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Depends a lot on the juice you're using. But realistically, no there probably isn't any clearo type tank that will last two week with hard vaping. If you go with something like BardicDruid suggested, it's cheaper to change the heads and rebuild them too. Probably can pick up the heads at less than $2.00 each. Cleaning and dry burning the coils in these kind of heads helps to make them last longer too.

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New York
Also, it looks like the Storm has a regular eGo type connection so any type of clearo will work that has an eGo threaded connection.

Did you try dry burning the heads in the clearos you are using with the Storm? I see they are replaceable and they can be rebuilt too.

I'm not sure what dry burning means. Also I don't know how or what rebuilding them does. Any chance you could explain? Thanks for the responses by the way.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Wow, didn't realize how much they Jacked prices by house branding. $25.00 for a 650mah:glare: I pay $7(ish)

Anyway, yes they are standard 510/ego connection batteries. They will attach to almost any 510 or Ego threaded device.

Basic - Ce5 or T2 - Top wick clearomizer
Upgrade - T3s, Evod, Vision Vivi Tanks
Performance/Durability - Protank/ Protank mini, Most Pyres/Glass Clearomizers

If/When the batteries Fail shop for more Main stream supplies. Variable Voltage for about the same price with higher Mah reserve.

For low maintenance, T2's and a few spare heads with medium ot light colored e-liquids will give longest vape time between servicing.
Every 5 to ? tanks, as performance falls, rinse and dry, swap wick head, fill and Vape.
Soak removed head in PGA(grain alcohol) Rinse and let dry.

I have T2's and original heads 1+yr old and still working, used in rotation.

Last edited:

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
+1 on the ARO. With clear juice I've gotten a month per head so far. At $1.49 for a single head or $6.99 for a 5-pack they are a great deal. I've used 510 attys and carts, cartos and carto tanks, and rebuildables and the ARO is the most consistent, reliable and convenient vape I've ever had. I'm completely satisfied with it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Over the last few months, I've had the opportunity to test several clearomizers: Vivi Nova, Kanger Protank, Kanger Evod, iClear 16, iClear 30. By far I preferred the iClear 30 with the best flavor & vapor production (probably because it has two coil heads and 16 total wicks). I've been using four of them on nearly a daily basis for at least 2 months and have yet needed to replace a coil head. No wicking issues, no dry hits ever.

Below are two videos on the Innokin iClear 30. One is a demonstration of how to clean the tank and replace the heads. The other is a review by Grimm Green.

How To...Replace the atomizer and fill an iClear 30 clearo - YouTube

iClear 30 - WIN

iClear30.jpg

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I've been using my Vivi nova mini for about 6 months. Been using the same head for about 2 months+. Have had 0 problems with it even carrying it in my pocket. Dry burn it every week or two. I do use high PG which they say is easier on the wicks/coils.
This is the one I have(2mL), It comes with 2 replacement heads. Not bad for $8+shipping http://altsmoke.com/vision-vivi-replacement-coil-tank-kit.html

The coils get a buildup that effects taste. "burning them off" restores them to like new
Disassemble the thing and rinse it off.
Remove the soft plastic piece over the head and rinse the coil. (you can see it inside the tube)
blot the wicks semi-dry (gently)
put it on the battery (without the tank)
fire it until the smoke stops coming off the coil. Fire in bursts so the battery doesn't shut off.
let it cool
rinse and blot wicks semi-dry again
reassemble

261049d1381623211-so-frustrated-burnt-taste-any-ideas-picture-included-help-please-burn-off.jpg

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New York
Wow, didn't realize how much they Jacked prices by house branding. $25.00 for a 650mah:glare: I pay $7(ish)

Anyway, yes they are standard 510/ego connection batteries. They will attach to almost any 510 or Ego threaded device.

Basic - Ce5 or T2 - Top wick clearomizer
Upgrade - T3s, Evod, Vision Vivi Tanks
Performance/Durability - Protank/ Protank mini, Most Pyres/Glass Clearomizers

If/When the batteries Fail shop for more Main stream supplies. Variable Voltage for about the same price with higher Mah reserve.

For low maintenance, T2's and a few spare heads with medium ot light colored e-liquids will give longest vape time between servicing.
Every 5 to ? tanks, as performance falls, rinse and dry, swap wick head, fill and Vape.
Soak removed head in PGA(grain alcohol) Rinse and let dry.

I have T2's and original heads 1+yr old and still working, used in rotation.

Can you recommend any good cheap battery's?

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I also use the vivi nova and have been using the same ones over a year. I rebuild my own coils and it's easy and cheaper. I don't use tank cracker juices so that's not a problem for me. I prefer a warmer vape and that's what they give. My coils usually last a month but you need to learn how to dryburn them. For tank cracker juices I like the newer pyrex vivi from MVS. For some reason I can't handle the airy cool vape from the bottom coils. It's like trying to vape flavored air.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread