Need math/chemistry help please with pg/vg ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
I have an old batch of juice that was 50/50 and I had little to no isuses with it. However my new batch I got 80/20pg/vg and it's giving me some breathing difficulties I think. I just got some glycerin from CVS to dilute it. I am terrible at anything math and chemistry related however. What I am looking for is a formula to dilute my 80/20 juices to get it at or close to 50/50. I would like to do this on a drop by drop basis if possible and then if that seems to help, I will go about asking how to convert whole bottles this way. Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have an old batch of juice that was 50/50 and I had little to no isuses with it. However my new batch I got 80/20pg/vg and it's giving me some breathing difficulties I think. I just got some glycerin from CVS to dilute it. I am terrible at anything math and chemistry related however. What I am looking for is a formula to dilute my 80/20 juices to get it at or close to 50/50. I would like to do this on a drop by drop basis if possible and then if that seems to help, I will go about asking how to convert whole bottles this way. Thanks!

I think reducing the 80/20 down to drops should help - first dividing by 20 you get a 4/1 ratio so basically 4 drops of pg to 1 drop of vg - for a total of 5 drops, so adding 3 drops of vg should get you an even amount of pg to vg - 4 drops of each. Knowing that you can add, say, 3ml of VG to 5ml of the 80/20 blend and get a equal amount or 50/50 blend of pg to vg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread