Need more throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I use vg based nicotine from nicotine giant and have had great luck with it, I still get a decent throat hit and yet it doesn't mess with my stomach at all. I didn't notice any difference in flavor between PG and VG based nicotine either I forgot to select vg with my first order and the PG based nic did the job until my vg base came in and it didn't taste different in my recipes when I switched to the VG base nic. However, you do have to consider that each persons tastebuds are different so what might seem harsh to me might be very smooth to another and vice versa.

For me throat hit is the most important factor in vaping. In my experience the most effective has been nicotine content and resistance type. VG/PG makes small difference. Flash has a strange taste, burns my mouth (which I liked) burns my throat on exhale (which I didn’t like) but adds no real throat hit.

Nicotine content is obvious: more nic -> more TH.

Resistance type, from the many devices I have tried:

Best: Kanger dual coil (Kanger aerotank V2, genitank etc)
2nd Best: nautilus

Other devices I have tried give to me much less throat hit. For example Kanger subtank has good taste, a lot of vapor but nicotine makes me dizzy without throat hit.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Do you know at all how that works? I thought nic salts were designed to NOT have throat hit. I wonder if it's being changed by some other (proprietary) process or something. It's counterintuitive though, I'd think freebase nic would have more throat hit... Interesting.

Anna
My first guess would be they added Flash.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Do you know at all how that works? I thought nic salts were designed to NOT have throat hit. I wonder if it's being changed by some other (proprietary) process or something. It's counterintuitive though, I'd think freebase nic would have more throat hit... Interesting.

Anna
Im not a chemist by any means but it seems that it is the type of acid they used to make it nic salts in the first place. I could be wrong but they have three different ones and they all show a different chemical make-up. You can request a sample from them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread