Status
Not open for further replies.

MBblue

Dec 12, 2009
Los Angeles
I've had a hell of a time switching completely to my e-cig! I love it, don't get me wrong but I really miss my throat hit. I've tried alot of different e-liquids and some are better than others but I need something just as harsh if not harsher than a analog cigarette. Right now I'm using a 510 with a manual battery. Basically I'm wondering if anyone knows of a liquid, something I can add to my liquid, or some mod (protege,copper or prodigy, etc) which will give the best throat hit. Help me!:confused::confused::confused:

proimage1

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
USA
I've had a hell of a time switching completely to my e-cig! I love it, don't get me wrong but I really miss my throat hit. I've tried alot of different e-liquids and some are better than others but I need something just as harsh if not harsher than a analog cigarette. Right now I'm using a 510 with a manual battery. Basically I'm wondering if anyone knows of a liquid, something I can add to my liquid, or some mod (protege,copper or prodigy, etc) which will give the best throat hit. Help me!:confused::confused::confused:

I know exactly what you mean and what you're going through - I keep hearing about all the great vapor and great taste, but honestly I smoked for 40+ yrs. full strength anything around 1-1/2 packs a day. The deal is with me: The vapor and amount of it, the taste, etc... is all secondary to me - right now, I need that kick right at my adams apple each and every time - so far that elusive throat hit is a hit and miss thing. I just got a HV unit and have another on the way -- the first ( won't mention the brand ) keeps burning atomizers out - the one on the way isn't supposed to be as hard on them. I've tried darn near every flavor - every strength ( Even higher than advised ) and still not what I need or expect. I have gone 8 days now without an analog and I'm darn proud of that. Hopefully I'll get something that works and settle in on that - I've spent a small fortune coming up with something that works - I"m not giving up - I'm sure I'll find something !

Best of luck to you - just hang in there - there's nothing easy about quitting if you were as hooked as I was - not easy at all ! I have found one thing / place - and you're at it - I have never met so many supportive people anywhere -- very sincere group here and willing to help anyway they can ! :thumbs:

WingIt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
California
I'm the same way TH is first and foremost with me, I have not smoked a analog for a month now and am really starting to taste the flavors now but stil need the throat hit. I've noticed that I just have to change flavors around alot to get the TH. One day I get a great TH with this flavor then the next day I don't. Sounds kind of weird but its just a steady rotation for me.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
Dripping, using a higher nicotine MG, direct inhaling, using a higher voltage mod, drawing slowly with a manual to get more dense vapor, will all increase throat hit. dripping with no cartridge attached will get you a warmer draw. The slow draw also heats up the atty. An older atomizer that isn't working as well will be warmer - they run hot.
Unfortunately, if you heat up your atty by drawing too much, you shorten the atty's lifespan. But as long as you are willing to buy new ones (I'd say get them in packs of 5 at a time) you're golden. Those are my suggestions.

sfkid

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
San Francisco
I too need that kick and the only PV that I found to give me that is :

http://www............../m601c-cartomizer-starter-kit-p-51.html

This is cig kicks like a marlboro red with no filter.

The kit from China is 32 bucks but I noticed that you can get the battery for $11 from lightcigusa:
M-601 Automatic Switch Battery and a single cartomizer M-601 Cartomizers for $2 if you wanted to test it for your self.

I have the 510 and the Ego with LR and regular atty but they still don't kick like the 601m with the cart.

Hope this helps.

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have a 510, a KR808D1 and an eGo (used with my 510 carts, cartos, Mega atty/cart and the tank system). Of all those, I still find my KR808D1 w/carto provides the best TH and flavor of them all. The eGo tank is great in convenience, but the vape is just too cool and the flavor not as strong (good, just not strong and I'm a flavor hog - order all my juices 2x). If you're not willing to switch to the KR808D1, then my suggestions are pretty much the same as others -
* slow, light draws (not like the fast, hard draw you would take on an analog). I mention this b/c (sadly I'm a slow learner) and it took me a good week to figure this out.
* try adding the PGA. I hear that really kicks the TH up a bit
* try using a pass through. I love my 808 batteries, but on a PT, the flavor and TH are even better
* try a LR atty. I didn't notice a difference, but others swear it works wonders - warmer, better TH and more flavor. I just find dripping too much of a pain, especially for any negligible difference (but I am going to try the LR atty with my eGoT and see what happens)
* Increase the nic level. I generally vape 12 or 6mg. I have a few bottles of 18mg and samples with 24 and WOW - almost too much TH with the 24 mg (although that won't do anything for warmth).

Can't speak to mods, since I don't own one (although am considering an Old Goat....)

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Higher nic
Few drops of PGA
Good Tobacco Flavor
Add Pure Smokers Fire and Ice or Firecracker to a 50/50 mix with the tobacco flavor
Mod unit with 1450 and up battery (gotta have the power)
Does it for me....35 yr menthol smoker and throat hit was very important to me
and I'm lovin every minute of vaping now.
Life is good to.

LilyLight

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Ontario

As a newbie not sure what a 'throat hit' is...I'm trying to find a starter kit....any suggestions? I'm anxious to make my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread