Need rec for good STRONG tobacco flavor for cutting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I used the 555 from MVS and it was okay. When I ran out, I decided to try unflavored since I use menthol drops but now it's way too menthol and no tobacco. I've actually not used my e-cig for quite awhile but I need to get back on the thing, I'm back to analogs....

I use between 9-12mg cut so I need a good tobacco flavor (preferably from MVS or JL) that will withstand cutting to that strength.

TIA,
Lorraine

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I used the 555 from MVS and it was okay. When I ran out, I decided to try unflavored since I use menthol drops but now it's way too menthol and no tobacco. I've actually not used my e-cig for quite awhile but I need to get back on the thing, I'm back to analogs....

I use between 9-12mg cut so I need a good tobacco flavor (preferably from MVS or JL) that will withstand cutting to that strength.

TIA,
Lorraine

Good question. Unless I'm missing something I havne't been able to find any place that sells 'tobacco' as a flavor in the same manner that lorann's sells concentrated flavors. liquidxpress has 'flavorings' and most are quite good but they come in a 10ml bottle much like regular juice. They work well as flavorings but again, aren't in the 'concentrated' form. I'd like to know what other DIYers use.... I'm not looking for somthing especially strong, just a tobacco flavoring. I have used other tobacco juices up to now but I wonder where they get their tobacco flavoring for those juices.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Since trying the MFS 24mg double flavor, I'm spoiled. I like to vape 12mg, and this stuff is perfect for me to cut. Welcome to MY FREEDOM SMOKES

I agree, I received Double Flavor 24mg Dunhill, Virginia, Vanilla and RY4 yesterday, and all are strong. I could easily cut the Dunhill by 50% and still have enough taste.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Good question. Unless I'm missing something I havne't been able to find any place that sells 'tobacco' as a flavor in the same manner that lorann's sells concentrated flavors. liquidxpress has 'flavorings' and most are quite good but they come in a 10ml bottle much like regular juice. They work well as flavorings but again, aren't in the 'concentrated' form. I'd like to know what other DIYers use.... I'm not looking for somthing especially strong, just a tobacco flavoring. I have used other tobacco juices up to now but I wonder where they get their tobacco flavoring for those juices.

Anyone.....

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Oh Kent, you're still waiting for an answer.... :oops:

I ordered tobacoo absolute from Samara Botane, 5ml for $18.00:

TOBACCO ABSOLUTE: Samara Botane Online

I've tried it and it works-- I didn't dilute it, just used a tiny smear of it on a cartridge before I filled it with EcoPure. Need to dilute it in PGA for use; will do so this weekend (if my bottles get here...).

Ethyl Maltol is also recommended for use with TA to smooth its taste:

Ethyl Maltol - crystalline powder

Kate51 helped me a lot with questions on creating tobacco flavors.

Cheers!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Oh Kent, you're still waiting for an answer.... :oops:

I ordered tobacoo absolute from Samara Botane, 5ml for $18.00:

TOBACCO ABSOLUTE: Samara Botane Online

I've tried it and it works-- I didn't dilute it, just used a tiny smear of it on a cartridge before I filled it with EcoPure. Need to dilute it in PGA for use; will do so this weekend (if my bottles get here...).

Ethyl Maltol is also recommended for use with TA to smooth its taste:

Ethyl Maltol - crystalline powder

Kate51 helped me a lot with questions on creating tobacco flavors.

Cheers!

I'm assuming you've done your homework on this (or Kate51) and the fact that it's called an 'essential oil' that it doesn't mean it's an actual 'oil'. I looked over the extraction methods and while I don't fully understand it all, again assuming you've had no atomizer problems..

Thanks for the links!

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Kent C: I'm assuming you've done your homework on this (or Kate51) and the fact that it's called an 'essential oil' that it doesn't mean it's an actual 'oil'. I looked over the extraction methods and while I don't fully understand it all, again assuming you've had no atomizer problems..

Here's my view:
3 drops of TA in 6ml of PGA yields a 2.4% concentration.
2 drops of diluted TA in 10ml of unflavored liquid yields a .024% concentration.

[assumption: 20 drops = 1ml]

Say the TA contained 10% residual solvent; its concentration in the finished juice would be something like .0024%.

Pretty low. "The dose makes the poison" so I'm not going to worry about it.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Kent C: I'm assuming you've done your homework on this (or Kate51) and the fact that it's called an 'essential oil' that it doesn't mean it's an actual 'oil'. I looked over the extraction methods and while I don't fully understand it all, again assuming you've had no atomizer problems..

Here's my view:
3 drops of TA in 6ml of PGA yields a 2.4% concentration.
2 drops of diluted TA in 10ml of unflavored liquid yields a .024% concentration.

[assumption: 20 drops = 1ml]

Say the TA contained 10% residual solvent; its concentration in the finished juice would be something like .0024%.

Pretty low. "The dose makes the poison" so I'm not going to worry about it.

I appreciate that, and I agree. I have some 'menthol/eucalytus' that is 'essential oil' that I'd like to try as well. I'll have to look up the extraction method to make sure but the 'absolute' looks like the safest to use here. I've seen the cautions and the 'spreadsheet' on the loranns stuff but haven't really read of anyone having tried an actual oil and what happened, etc.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
I just got the bad news last night lorrain - I'm not happy right now.

"Chris Yelton" <chris@myfreedomsmokes.com>

To:
"Eric Oertle" <yknotagain@yahoo.com>
No more double flavor...china will not guaranty it so I'm not comfortable offering it.

Chris Yelton / MyFeedomSmokes.com

OH NO! Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread