Need recommendation on the right tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

J B

Aug 23, 2015
Hi... 1st post here. I've tried doing some research but there's so many combo's out there that it's hard to know exactly what I need.

Here's the question:
Bought a vaporizer, a Vaporfi Pro II starter kit wqith 1.5 OHM atomizers.... Liked it but heard there were better options out there. I want something that really enhances the flavor of a good e-juice.

Last week I bought an Aspire CF Maxx Elite kit... has the Aspire CF Maxx Elite kit and an Aspire Atlantis tank

I think it has a 1.0 OHM atomizer which I swapped out for 0.3 OHM.

Basically, it hits too hard. I don't enjoy it and I can't really get it dialed in. The best setting I've found is cutting all the air flow through the tank. It still hits hard and the flavor is hard to enjoy. I enjoy the Vaporfi a lot more but I know that there's some way to adjust my tank to make it work right.

So, I'm shopping for a new tank. Something that will fit the CF Maxx MOD, doesn't require a hardcore rebuild and can be set to 1.5 or 1.8 OHM.

Is the OHM rating my problem? And if it is, what's the best, most flavorful, smooth hitting tank I can find that will fit. Also, something that has a more narrow drip tip. I don't like the tip on the Atlantis nearly as much as the one on the Vaporfi.

Any recommendations appreciated!!!

Reactions: Denvap0r

J B

Aug 23, 2015
I would describe myself as a tip to lung inhaler....

Right now, I've used a batch of 5 Pawns samples at 18 mg. I think the Vaporfi was also getting was 18mg. I liked all batchs better in the vaporfy.

I think that the airy nature of the tank is part of the problem. Definately works better when the air flow is choked.

I've done some reading and I really believe the "sub-ohm" atomizer is the major issue.

The Aspire Nautilus Aspire BVC kit seems to be a better fit. SMaller drip tip, atomizers with a higher OHM rating. Am I on the right track? How do I know if that will fit?

Just looking for something that hits like a real cig.... Can take a strong pull without choking, getting all of the flavor, little air in the mix.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
You just bought the wrong tank for your style of vaping. The Atlantis is designed to be airy.

Any tank with 510 threading will work.

Look at these tanks:

1. Aspire Mini Nautilus or Nautilus
2. eLeaf GS Air M (inexpensive tanks & coils) - $10 tank/$10 5pk coils
3. Aspire Triton w/a 1.8Ω coil. **

eLeaf also has the GS tank ($15) which is 22m in diameter (the GS Air M is 16.5mm)

** There is a RBA base that can be purchased separately for the Triton should you wish to build your own coils.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yes. With the Nautilus Mini, most vape it in the 10-15W range. I guess it can go up to 20W.

I'm not sure on the GS air tanks or Triton, but would imagine they're similar.

High power requires large airflow, and generally subohm coils, like your Atlantis.

Tanks that use coils above 1 ohm are for people who like a tighter draw and lower power.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'd recommend the Nautilus Mini, it's more for mouth to lung vape similar to a cig. 18 mg juice is way too high for a sub tank, it would be a very harsh vape. You can get the same juice in a zero nic and combine it with the 18 to lower the nic level, equal parts of 18 and zero will give you a 9 mg. 2 parts zero nic to 1 part 18 nic will give you a 6 mg juice (the average high for sub ohm vape) I vaped my Nautilus around 12 to 15 watts.

The Kanger Subtank Mini has 3 options. 2 different replaceable factory coils in .5 and 1.5 ohm. It also has a build deck to learn to build your own coils. It also gives a quality vape. I vaped my 1.5 ohm coils around 20 watts. The first thing I did when I got my Subtanks was to replace the wide bore drip tip with a more restrictive one like found on the Nautilus. Then I choke down the air flow so I can mouth to lung vape with it.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If your battery has no power control, you need to get the right sort of tank (and coil resistance) for
1) the amount of vapor and
2) the best sort of airflow for your style/taste.

Usually, low resistance tanks (designed for sub-ohm) have lots of airlow and higher resistance less airflow. A typical comparison would be Kanger Subtank vs. Aspire Nautilus.

I don't know the width (diameter) of your mod, but there will be rebuildable tanks to fit most batteries. If it's 22mm you could add a 22mm Kayfun or Subtank Mini, for example.

Most tips can be swapped. I cannot and will not ever recommend the brand you originally bought from, they are the lowest of the low in my book (with the highest of the high prices) and should never be used to buy any vape gear. Use the tip if it suits you. If you see any products at their store you like the look of, we can tell you where to buy them at up to 70% LESS money.

If I had your battery, I'd almost certainly use a Kayfun for mouth to lung and a Subtank for lung. Both would be fully rebuildable and the subtanks have the option of a 1.2ohm factory coil (as well as others, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread