Need some clarification on Cartotanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

joefisch330

Sep 10, 2013
Erie, PA
So I am ordering a ProVari mini tomorrow. While trying to find my best juice delivery system cartotanks have intrigued me. I am thinking I want an IBtanked mainly because of the customization factor. They are currently out of the "standard" 2.0 ohm cartomizers, which brings me to my first question: can I use any 510 standard cartomizer with this tank system?

My next question is rather simple and newb-ish: once I fill the carto and my tank after, do I then just continue to vape until the actual tank itself is low? when do I top off the carto? Is this basically like a regular non carto tank system, just instead of getting coils you buy cartos?

And thirdly, I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but just for clarification, do I just stick my drip tip into the end of the carto that sticks out of the top of the tank and vape away?

Love this community. Thanks in advance everyone! Can't wait for my ProVari!!!

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
I use carto tanks all the time. You can use any resistance with them. I tend to use dual coil low resistance cartos.

No, you can not use regular cartos. the ones for tanks have a flange on the bottom so it doesn't slip into the tank and holes so the juice gets to the filler.

You have to top off the carto on first use with about twenty drops the same way you would fill a regular carto after you fill the tank. This helps the wicking.

Yes, your drip tip will fit onto the carto in the tank. Most tanks already come with a drip tip. You should top off the tank before the juice is below the holes so the filler doesn't dry out.

Hope I answered everything. Have fun.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
As long as the cartos have holes or slots on them for the juice to get inside you can use them in your tank. You do not have to have the flanges on the cartos. The IBT tanks are very good quality tanks and do not slip on the cartos. I have used the standard boge cartos in my IBTs for a long time and they don't have the flanges. The only times I have had problems with them slipping is when I used them with a cheaper carto tank.
IBT has 3 size (height) tanks. Halfing, standard and XL. Just make sure you order the right length carto for whichever size tank you order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread