Need Some Guidance re: 510s, Mega-Batteries and Addys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
As a noob, I need some help learning about batteries and atomizers. As I try to shop at some of the sites, it seems the vendors really don't provide a lot of info as to compatability and I don't want to buy something that's going to cause me a problem.

I'm using the Joye 510s with the standard 180mAh batteries. I love the draw and the carts are easy to refill, but I would really like a longer life battery. I think I've found a good deal on a package of two 510s that come with the 280mAh "Mega" Battery but I want to make sure I can interchange and mix the 280mAh batteries with my existing atomizers. Is there any difference between the atomizers used with the standard 510 batts versus the 510s with the Mega batts? Are the larger batteries going to burn out my attys faster? The reason I ask is the vendor's description refers to "2 SLB 510 Atomizers". What does SLB mean?

My second question: Am I correct in thinking a "low resistance" 510 atomizer will drain the battery faster? Since I am happy with the present performance of the standard 510's (except battery life), I believe I should avoid the low resistance attys. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help on this stuff.
There is a TON of stuff to learn with these things!

Rich

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Having just traveled the same road my advice is to skip the 510 mega batteries and just get an eGo/Tornado. Either fits the 510 atomizers and carts - they're just vastly higher capacity batteries in essence.

I got some of the 510 mega batteries a couple or three weeks after my first 510 kit. They were an improvement but still not enough of an improvement for me so I got an eGo kit from Cignot.com for $78. The eGo and Tornado are pretty much the same thing - just different names.

Now my standard and mega 510 batteries are just spares.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
When I switched from the 510 to the eGo my wife stayed and just added the 510 XL batteries. Now that's all she uses. No need to change attys or anything else. The 510 XL is a full one inch longer and she gets twice the vaping time before she has to change batteries. Just buy up some 510XL batteries to go with all your 510 attys and carts.
She vapes lighter than me so she gets about 5-7 hours on the 510XL battery and I get 8-10 hours on my eGo batteries. Most I ever got on the 510XL battery was about 3 hours.
BTW, we've never used anything but Joye batteries.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
No need to change the standard 510 atties with the eGo. I'd rather get the 5 hours or more (heavy vaping) hours with the eGo than I got with the 510 mega or XL or extended life or whatever you want to call them batteries that got me 3 hours or less depending on my vape frequency. Naturally any battery will last longer the less you hit it. But a lot of people besides myself have made the move to the eGo or Tornado because they weren't satisfied with the life of normal or mega 510 batts. FWIW some people report 10 hours or more of use from 1 eGo battery before having to recharge. I also like the fact that the LED is at the switch instead of the end. Makes "stealth" vaping a lot easier. The cone on the eGo also helps contain any juice leakage from my experience. Besides all that functional stuff it just looks ultra cool. Very important for a gadget freak like me.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
... I think I've found a good deal on a package of two 510s that come with the 280mAh "Mega" Battery but I want to make sure I can interchange and mix the 280mAh Batteries with my existing atomizers. Is there any difference between the atomizers used with the standard 510 batts versus the 510s with the Mega batts?

As long as you are using regular length attys, no, there is no difference with the battery connector or cart fit.

Are the larger batteries going to burn out my attys faster?

No, think of the batteries as a fuel tank, the larger ones will go further.

The reason I ask is the vendor's description refers to "2 SLB 510 Atomizers". What does SLB mean?

SLB is the manufacturer. Joye is the original and SLB makes copies of the Joye510, among others, and some do not like the difference in the SLB's. They do tend to run slightly higher in resistance than Joye's, but I have used them and not had any issues. (They run a little cooler which works better for some flavors for me.)

My second question: Am I correct in thinking a "low resistance" 510 atomizer will drain the battery faster?

Lower resistance mean more current, so, yes, it will drain the batteries a bit faster.

Since I am happy with the present performance of the standard 510's (except battery life), I believe I should avoid the low resistance attys. Is this correct? ...

The LR attys are usually used to reproduce the hit that higher voltage mods produce. So if you are happy, for now, then stick with what you like. It's finding what works for you that is the most important thing, not what works for someone else.

schmcole

Apr 4, 2010
Go with the eGo buddy, it's boss. I Grabbed a Joye 510 from Cignot (they are great) and I love my Joye, however, my friend got the eGo, and his battery lasts all day at work, whilst I swap 2 to 3 batts... Im buying myself an eGo. Also, just to confirm what everyone else said, the parts for a standard Joye 510 are compatible with the eGo/Tornado batteries.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Go with the eGo buddy, it's boss. I Grabbed a Joye 510 from Cignot (they are great) and I love my Joye, however, my friend got the eGo, and his battery lasts all day at work, whilst I swap 2 to 3 batts... Im buying myself an eGo. Also, just to confirm what everyone else said, the parts for a standard Joye 510 are compatible with the eGo/Tornado batteries.

Yup, it looks like that is what I'm going to do. The eGo looks great and since I can use everything I've already bought with the 510's I think it's the next logical upgrade. Madvapes says they have the "Jonty eGo Kits" on order and I like their service so far, so I'm going to see how they price them when they get them in.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread