The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help deciding on a new tank.

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by chimsweep, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chimsweep

chimsweep Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    Haven't been around for a while, got another Jeep and it's been taking all of my free time....along with the 3 jobs!!!! I have been using a favorite of mine the Protank 2 and rebuilding my own coils for almost 2 years now. Looking online I see a lot of different choices.....I guess I haven't been around in a while. Here's the checklist.
    1. Single coil
    2. Tank
    3. Best value for the little money I have. (did I mention the mass amount of short people walking around eating up my checks like baby birds at feeding time)
    4. Rebuildable

I was in my favorite local B&M (Worcester City Vapors) and a young lady (Laura) was behind the counter and as we were talking I noticed her tank. Questioned her and she was really happy with it. So my question is.....no I don't remember what brand it was......did I mention I'm getting old. Svemesto or something like that......vision isn't as good as it once was. I know I will pro bably get a hundred suggestions what the best one is, but hey, let 'em rip. No drippers...tank...single coil...I'm not that smart.....value....I don't need the most expensive one.....just get me on the right track. Thanks to everyone here......you were all a part of my success getting away from the stinkies. Thank you and hi to all my old friends. :)

2. SoonerChris

SoonerChris Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
  3. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Yep, sounds like a kayfun.

You might also like the Lemo, a new Chinese rta similar to the kayfun, but with a glass tank, very adjustable airflow and a larger build deck.

Or a Taifun GT. You can access the build deck without dumping the juice, and it fills like a protank.

4. chimsweep

chimsweep Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the quick response. Yes I saw pics and it was the Kayfun Lite clone by Sveomesto. Now to decide between it and the Tailfun GT.....and the price is similar so is there another suggestion on which way to go. Tailfun or Kayfun (Svoemosto) thanks

5. folkphys

folkphys Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Kayfun over Taifun......it's the majority opinion.....or mass hypnosis....or mass hysteria......or something.

But.
    And I'm just sayin.
    The ErlPrinz is a $40 piece of glory.
    again, I'm just sayin.

6. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
  7. jaxgator

jaxgator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    My suggestion is the ErlprinZ as well.

8. VaPreis

VaPreis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    Where do you find this tank for $40? Erlkonigin's website lists it for 39,90 Euros, which doesn't equate to $40 US. Is there a US distributor?

9. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes that would be the popular Svoemaesto Kayfun.

I've got one;

I've been looking for a different type; one that fills conveniently like the protank.
    so far i've come up with a few
    taifun gt
    squape
    rose
    Expromizer
    heron
    fogger

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/613194-looking-protank-like-rta.html

10. folkphys

Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    39.90EU includes VAT, so for us non-EU customers it is actually 33.25EU, which right now looks like about $42 US

11. elenamylove

elenamylove Super Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    If you do go for a Kayfun clone I would avoid the Kayfun + v2 with the dual airflow - Single seems like the best bet. I have had nothing but trouble trying to get a tight draw off my kayfun and they are noted for having tighter type draws :facepalm:

12. VapingTurtle

VapingTurtle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Plus a pretty good load of shipping cost. (About $24 slow boat.)

13. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Actually, the boat is quite fast. I believe I received my Erlkonigin in 3 days.

14. MattyTny

MattyTny Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    New York
    I have to hop on the erl wagon sometime. I'm sort of a budget vapor, so I don't think I'll be deciding very soon, but I'm partial to the Erlprinz for the price. I'll start vaping unflavored nic and save for the Erlprinz lol. It looks easier to build compared to a kayfun, not to mention that stylish appearance!

15. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

What's this Erlprinz wagon, and is it the same as the erl -kin -something-else, and why are you trying to confuse me?

16. Hargendas

Hargendas Full Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Kayfun is better.:)

17. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    They're super easy to build, although wicking can be a little tricky at first but well worth it once you get it down. It's the finest tank out there imo.

The ErlprinZ is the Erlkonigin's little brother. Made with a little less expensive material and a few less features but can be had at a relatively inexpensive price point.

According to users that own both the Erlkonigin and the ErlprinZ, there is no difference in vaping experience.

18. folkphys

Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Except for that little extra feeling of fanciness which seems to make my juice taste like diamonds and Cristal when tooted from the ErlK.

19. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    That's only because your ErlK has the super fancy fluttering auto-turbulator while the ErlP does not. :D

20. folkphys

Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Now I feel less like a troll. so thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.