Status
Not open for further replies.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Question for you Waffle. Can Jeff even do what you're showing? I ask because I had inquired about putting the wrinkle finish around my logo and he said that the logo part would have to be clearcoated and that would "fill-in" the texture. You've got the image ON the texture (where I wanted the texture AROUND, or everywhere BUT the logo) and then the whole thing needs to be clearcoated. Yes/No?

If you're not sure I'd get clarification from Jeff about what can/can't be done (and let me know!)

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Question for you Waffle. Can Jeff even do what you're showing? I ask because I had inquired about putting the wrinkle finish around my logo and he said that the logo part would have to be clearcoated and that would "fill-in" the texture. You've got the image ON the texture (where I wanted the texture AROUND, or everywhere BUT the logo) and then the whole thing needs to be clearcoated. Yes/No?

If you're not sure I'd get clarification from Jeff about what can/can't be done (and let me know!)

That had occurred to me. I thought I remember that post. I think when the time comes, it will probably have to be a black matte full wrap or something... like the camouflage "Army Strong" one.

Mostly, I just liked the angle of the pic ( to practice the bending ) and it had a lot of detail for the mask. So that pretty much shoots my "Just like Jeff" theory.

EDIT: I wonder if that same rule applies for "Black Matte" I would imagine it does.

Last edited:

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Okay. I'm working on my next Chuck, and I CANNOT GET THIS RIGHT!!!

The stupid mask keeps darkening or diluting me logo.. and I have tried everything to get the yellow endcaps (I may go with white or black, just was trying to see what it looked like).

That damned shiny gold is hard to make flat. Is it even possible? Anyone want to give it a go?

mirrorred.jpg

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
Yeah, I put it under and kept the border. Was trying to simulate Jeff's decal application as close as I could. Looking at the Chucks I got today *puff puff* The decals are a bit thicker, so I don't know if the actual details would show.

I actually cut it a bit sloppy too as you can see. It was my third attempt and the little vein on my forehead was starting to bulge.

Cut what sloppy? It looks nice to me!!!;)

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
I increased the brightness of the whites and blurred the highlight/shadow detail in the metal endcaps to give them a more matte look. Not perfect but maybe headed in the right direction?
CockyChuck-2.jpg

Then I added highlights/reflected light and a subtle gradient along the tube (dark at top and bottom with trasparent middle) to give it a (slightly) more realistic look.
CockyChuck-1.jpg

Endcaps are still a little cartoony but I figured I should leave you something to do!

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
Here's a quick (& rough) mock-up I did (when refined I'd consider having the button in the middle of the scroll). If you gave more input about what you're looking for I or someone else could probably help further.

Violin2.jpg

Oh my goodness. I cannot even begin to express how much I *want* that. And I don't even play.

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
Since so many of you are so good at making examples of prOn now, can one of you put these 2 graphics (one on either side) on one for me? I would appreciate it.

I'm hoping this Chuck will encourage my daughter to give it another try. I've ordered her a bunch of cartos to make it as simple as possible.

I ordered it with a black sparkly background and black caps.

Debbie

newTeek.jpg

Teek2.jpg

Last edited:

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
Since so many of you are so good at making examples of prOn now, can one of you put these 2 graphics (one on either side) on one for me? I would appreciate it.

I'm hoping this Chuck will encourage my daughter to give it another try. I've ordered her a bunch of cartos to make it as simple as possible.

I ordered it with a black sparkly background and black caps.

Debbie

newTeek.jpg

Teek2.jpg

LOL tooooo cute !!!!!!

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
That's pretty cool but what's up with the button? It's on the wrong end. :D

LOL, you're NOT supposed to notice that!!!8-o
Hell, I didn't even notice it until you had to go and point it out!

I just copy/pasted the button b/c this base chuck image didn't show a button. Wonder how many others I've done with the button on the wrong end???? :-x

Someday I'll own a Chuck and maybe I'd catch things like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread