• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need some quick responses from people ordering juice overseas - everyone will benefit if this works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been talking with a very well respected US based vendor who is considering starting to ship to Australia.

He asked a very good question:

What is the best thing to write on the customs declaration for eliquid when importing to Australia? Some good ones I've heard are 'atomizing liquid' and 'personal vaporiser accessories'. Needs to be honest of course. Any terms in particular seem to avoid custom examinations more than others?

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Thats not bad, although what if its juice that contains nicotine?

You could always say - Nicotine is just another "natural and/or artificial flavoring"
But if you want to be technical you could add:
Flavored 100% Kosher USP food grade Vegetable Glycerin with C10H14N2

For pg - I was thing you could add a note directing them to another use for PG like:
Flavored Propylene glycol - A treatment for livestock ketosis
Flavored Propylene glycol - pharmaceutical solvent
E1520 humectant food additive - flavored
Flavored Propylene glycol - non-toxic antifreeze

asti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
TX. USA
You could always say - Nicotine is just another "natural and/or artificial flavoring"
But if you want to be technical you could add:
Flavored 100% Kosher USP food grade Vegetable Glycerin with C10H14N2

For pg - I was thing you could add a note directing them to another use for PG like:
Flavored Propylene glycol - A treatment for livestock ketosis
Flavored Propylene glycol - pharmaceutical solvent
E1520 humectant food additive - flavored
Flavored Propylene glycol - non-toxic antifreeze

Certainly don't want to poke fun of anyone...but :)
A) there's only so much room on the form
B) ketosis is a big word and they might need a dictionary
C) solvent the word itself describes something that might be caustic or bearing a skull and cross-bones
D) the numbers part confuses me, and I would want to find out what they are representing
E) flavored anti-freeze? which is what one sees doing a "quick read"

Now, the following comment from Arjay PV consumables is good - but one can get hung up on the PV
very simply how about vaporizer additive?
and the use of food grade or kosher might do very well mixed in....

Just my mutterings, which won't do much for anyone without a good cuppa !

Cheers!

Last edited:

FadenQ

Oct 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I like what one of the companies used on a delivery of mine - PV Consumables. Simple and straightforward.

Agree. Less is more. Don’t mention Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, and definitely not nicotine aka C10H14N2. Those are things that might (sure of nicotine) be on lists. Don’t lie, but don’t say more than you need to.

Ravenscroft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Sydney, Oz
I just received a package from China, labeled at my request, Vaporiser spare parts and flavorings, which is what I have been using for awhile. This one was opened and inspected by Australian Quarantine inspectors, a first, as previous packages have usually been opened by customs. All was verified as in order and nothing removed.
A new label might be in order but it said in the notice that it had undergone X-Ray and dog surveillance so I think truthful labeling is the way to go.
Just keep it minimal.
RC

symphynity

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Australia
Just so you are all aware , EVERY item imported through the postal system is X Rayed , and subjected to sniffer dogs ( I work at the facility that does this). If the description on the Customs Declaration varies wildly from what they see on the X Ray screen , it will be opened for inspection ( causes further delays). Also , only Australia Post can open a parcel/ package /letter , Customs or AQIS have no authority to do this . Post have a whole section dedicated to the opening of suspect items .

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
"Expendable for lung guard" is what HC use.

Even I don't know what that's supposed to mean lol :)

That's what was on my delivery today (from HC) too. Don't suppose anyone can dispute the validity if they don't know what it's supposed to be, right. :)

BTW, the Raspberry and the Watermelon new HC e-juices aren't too shabby. Quite tasty in fact, especially for the price (and quantity).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread