Need suggestions for a good "nutty" flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I've been using AP (5% Acetyl Pyrazine), from TFA but am unimpressed with the flavor, - smells great - but my taste buds just don't sense much of a nutty flavor from AP at any percentage (0.1% - 5%). I also use TFA's Hazelnut but it just isn't a nutty enough flavor. Any suggestions?

Ditto for me on the TFA Hazelnut. Also add VZ SC (alcohol) Hazelnut and Almond to the list. They're ok, but just don't get close enough to what they're supposed to be to suit me.

TFA Black Walnut is very good. Not bang on but very, very close. Unfortunately for me, it's not my favorite for my tobacco mixes though. I'd rather have peanut or almond or hazelnut for those. Very good in mixes where the walnut is a better fit though.

There's an old post on here somewhere that says that FA Almond and FA Black Fire makes a great smoked almond, but I haven't got around to checking it out yet. Some reviews on the FA Almond claims it to be a raw almond by itself though.

Here's a post that has and an Amaretto With Cream recipe. I never did get around to checking it out either. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...l-flavourart-flavorings-157.html#post13167072

The TFA Toasted Almond gets mixed reviews. I'm guessing that it has that bit of an alcohol taste or whatever that some folks seem to have some trouble with. I just let those air for a while and that completely goes away for me so it's on my list to try.

I'm keeping my eye on this thread and hopefully somebody will stop by with some good suggestions. :D :vapor:

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I'm using TFA's AP and Hazelnut to flavor NET. I've not found many good reviews on any other "nutty" flavorings but am considering Inawera's "Peanuts" as one to try. Flavor Arts has one called "mixed nuts" but the reviews are less than stellar. DIYflavorshack has one called "nut flavoring" I might try but was hoping to get suggestions from those that had already been down this path looking for a good nutty flavoring. I'm also considering mixtures of available nut flavorings with other flavors such as popcorn. In the past when I searched for a specific flavor (Vanilla, Peach, Cherry etc..), I'd buy every single one I could find and sample them all. I may be doing the same in order to find an acceptable nutty flavor that mixes well with tobacco.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
I love nutty. Vanilla, carmel and nutttty.
I'm new to DIY and am looking for the same... nut HA

I too love the smell of AP and seems the nut I'm looking for. But it doesn't quite vape that way.
I have been adding lots of different to the mix with the AP.
Hazelnut and Toasted Almond you mentioned.
Also Pistachio - it's a light/sweet nut flavor.
Adding cream/vanilla/carmel seem to help bring out the nut of a mix. Brown Sugar?

I have CAP: Pralines & Cream on the way to add to my 'nut arsenal' HA!
Thinking I will really like this and it's what is missing for me, I love my store bought Pralines & Cream juice.
And I want to try FA: Walnut and Nut Mix

Watching here for more ideas....

nat king kong

Jan 14, 2015
Texas
I've tried a lot of the FA and TFA nut flavors some of which are useful, but my favorite nutty flavors by far are in the Hangsen and Inawera tobacco lines: T5 (Hg) and Nutty Princess (In). I've evolved this recipe over the past year to something I think is a tasty, creamy 555:

T5 (Hg): 4%
Nutty Princess (In): 3%
Toasted Almond (TFA): 1%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA): 3%
Vienna Cream (FA): 2%
AP: 1%

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I ordered Inawera "Peanuts" and "Hazelnut" and DIYflavorshack's "nut flavoring". The tobacco element used in Ahlusion's "Caramel Wild Wood" tastes like popcorn and AP to me and I like that flavor combination so I ordered "Popcorn", "Buttered Popcorn" and "Kettle corn" from TFA and Capella. I already have "Acetyl Pyrazine", "Almond", "Toasted Almond" and "Hazelnut" from TFA and LorAnn so perhaps from one, or a combination of these flavorings, I can obtain a good nutty flavor note for use with NET.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Got some more flavors.
Here's my updated take on nuts having done flavor tests on each:

Nut Mix FA: #1 nut for me. smooth, lighter, natural, sweet nut mix. Go to for nut add. Walnut hint. 4%

Acetyl Pyrazine TFA: smokey nutty flavor at 2% or less

DX Hazelnut TFA: butric acid taste/smell at larger %. Use sparingly, 2% max

Hazelnut V2 CAP: sweeter, mild, very light - barely tastes like hazelnut 4%

Pistachio TFA: light, sweet with specific nut profile 2%-4%

Toasted Almond TFA: good but can easily overpower other flavors. 2%

Pralines & Cream CAP: tasty but strong with carmel and cream. Good base profile. 4%-8% and add creames and sweetners.

Still working on 'Nuts' and 'Pralines & Cream' recipes.
Anyone got some to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread