ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I agree with Rossum, the big issue with juice is it getting on to a regulated pcb. If you get a bit of juice inside a mech, just remove the battery and give it a bath.

It does not look like there are many mods in your range, but new mods are coming out all the time.

For me the size becomes to much of an issue once you go above a single 18650, before I switched to mech squonkers I used to run 50W regulated mods, I run a single coil in a smaller RDA with a higher nic level now. I easily get all day out of a battery. For me adjusting my vaping style a little made more sense than a bigger more powerful and possibly less reliable set up.

There are some budget 18650 mech / unregulated @ less than $30 so might be worth trying out to see if you get on with squonking and mech's first?

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've been wanting to try a squonker for awhile as well. The entry prices can be a little daunting so that Kanger Dripbox seems like an affordable way to give it a try. I would rather have a regulated one as well, availability and price are a factors.

Something I did see and thought that it would make a good squonker was the Movkin Disguiser. It's regulated, TC, dual battery and with a little reworking would make a nice box. I hope Movkin would adapt this design for a squonk box, they really wouldn't need to make too many changes.

12728442_1559272117719922_282349330_n.jpg

Reactions: CanadiVape

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
I've been wanting to try a squonker for awhile as well. The entry prices can be a little daunting so that Kanger Dripbox seems like an affordable way to give it a try. I would rather have a regulated one as well, availability and price are a factors.

Something I did see and thought that it would make a good squonker was the Movkin Disguiser. It's regulated, TC, dual battery and with a little reworking would make a nice box. I hope Movkin would adapt this design for a squonk box, they really wouldn't need to make too many changes.

12728442_1559272117719922_282349330_n.jpg
You'll enjoy that new Kanger I think. A diffence atty will really make a difference. I'm switching between a Derringer and a RM 2.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Hi all!

I've gotten to the point in my vaping life where nothing beats my rda. I have a wismec rx200 with a wotofo Sapor sitting on top of it and it's all I use anymore. I have tried countless tanks, most recently are the crown and Griffin.

I'm not a fan of my crown, or rather its not a fan of me and my viscous sweet VG liquids. I like my Griffin but it also has a tough time wicking consistently with said liquids. I find the only thing I can get a consistent flavor/nic hit is with my Sapor.

But of course, it has its downsides. I have to stop several times a day to fill up with a mil or so, and often find myself trying to plan out when I can drip without wasting too much time at work. I even find myself doing double duty in my bathroom breaks just to get my flavor fix. My bosses are cool with it since I no longer stink like smoke, but I don't want to push my luck any longer.

OKAY! Bottom line: I am looking to get into the squonk parade. I like to build in the 0.3 - 0.5 range, dual coil @ roughly 60 watts. I use either 24ga ss316l, 26/32 clapton or 28ga kanthal. I like doing spaced coils so a roomy build deck is preferred (velocity style pls) preferably leak resistant, top airflow but if not I'm not worried too much.

For a squonker I'd like a dual 18650 or so with a minimum of 100w (I need battery life to last me at least 12 hours due to two jobs @ 60w). Needs to be variable wattage/voltage and tc isn't a big concern to me, since I have my rx200. Wood would be nice but metal is fine.

I'm not buying anything right away, probably in the next month or two so the list can include upcoming mods/attys. My budget is under 200 bucks, I'd like it close to the hundred dollar range but from what I have seen they can get pretty pricey.

I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on the matter.
I'm in almost the same situation. Thanks for starting this thread! I don't think a mod that fires a continuous 60 watts would work for my vaping needs, but glad you found something that works for you. :thumb:

Reactions: Roadtrip635

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
I'm in almost the same situation. Thanks for starting this thread! I don't think a mod that fires a continuous 60 watts would work for my vaping needs, but glad you found something that works for you. :thumb:
Actually tbh I'm not too thrilled with this thing. Voltage drop makes for an inconsistent vape, especially since it's running a dual 0.2ohm coil. I'm just not thrilled with the atty. I'm waiting until I figure out which one I want and I'll pick one up. The mod itself is fine, bottle is stiff to squeeze I find. I lost the little flap that covers the bottle, as it was only held on by two magnets.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Actually tbh I'm not too thrilled with this thing. Voltage drop makes for an inconsistent vape, especially since it's running a dual 0.2ohm coil. I'm just not thrilled with the atty. I'm waiting until I figure out which one I want and I'll pick one up. The mod itself is fine, bottle is stiff to squeeze I find. I lost the little flap that covers the bottle, as it was only held on by two magnets.
Bummer.

I suggest checking out two FB groups: Squonker's Paradise and Squonker's Paradise Classifieds. (To get into the latter, you must join the first one.) ;)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Squonking seems to be the hipster class of vaping. It hasn't gone mainstream yet and when it does I bet you'll all hate it. I guess I could consider myself one but rest assured that's what it'll come to.

If bottom feeders ever go mainstream, I will not hate but rather recognize that wisdom comes more slowly to some but will rejoice in the knowledge that wisdom has arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread