Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
ok well this morning I got my hubby to finally agree to using a cig-a-like....after placing that thought in his head he started looking at mods :lol:
then he wanted only prefilled, now he's ok with tanks (he just doesn't want to spill juice on himself and he's very, how shall i say, accident prone and loses everything that's not attached to him)
he's tried my aegis legend with an rda and rdta and was ok with it, it just made him cough lol his first vape :pervy: not the best of ideas on a sub-ohm dl :lol:

so I'm going to get him a few things
1. a cig-a-like kit (already picked out but I know it'll suck)
2. a pod system preferable with both prefill and refill
3. an easy to use mod nothing too fancy in the way of menu options and internal battery, though he did show me the smok alien 200w kit so maybe

he's overseas so i'm not there to help him figure it out so it's really gotta be something fairly easy to use and drop in coils, mtl, internal battery, somewhat small....though i showed him a pod system and he said it was too wide lmfao um the alien would be wider but um ok....
I think he also likes the smok baby prince kit, so i'm not sure really if he wants a stick or a box, guess it just depends on how it looks
tank wise again it's gotta be something simply and easy, not rebuildable and probably not sub-ohm, he's never really vaped so I'm gonna say mtl or maybe restricted dl, I am not a tank person so I have no ideas on this I'm strictly rda

and well lastly preferable something I can get from fasttech since I can have them ship it to him instead of me buying it and shipping it which would cost a whole lot more than the items are worth, and not against clones at all....
but any suggestions are more than welcomed, I can search ft myself to find the items there :D

I was happy when he agreed to cig-a-likes, and then when he was open to the idea of pods but ecstatic that he's at least willing to try a mod (we'll work on baby steps to an external battery mod :p)

lol I know I'm asking a lot but hey....anyways thanks

after going through about 800 pages on ft of pods and starter kits, I think my eyes are going to bleed....so I'm reaching out for suggestions from you all

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
Best cigalike - mig cig 21
- pink version feels soft like cigarette
- can use silicone tips so it feels soft to puff
- can get automatic version, no button pushing
- constant 4.2 volts due to minichip - means each puff will be constant in vape quality
- tank has decent flavour for being so tiny
- best vapor production for a cigalike and tiny device imo

Best Mtl tank with drop in coils
- zenith ( kroma a zenith starter kit )
- best mtl experience for flavour with the plexus coils ( unless you rebuild )

Not sure about pod devices never tried any

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My husband likes the following pod mod - calls it old man proof..

Renova Zero Pod Kit

I do fill it for him, so your husband being stationed overseas will need to fill it himself..

It's an awesome little pod mod that is very nice with salts. If he wants to put it on a lanyard Vaporesso made some for it - we have one for my hubby - and it's handy to hang around his neck and never lose or misplace it.. Vaporesso Renova Zero Leather Pouch | Vape Accessorries

Below is a pricier mod, and a sub ohm more airflow device, but it's got temp control and it's a tube mod, which is a great style for someone's first mod.

Uwell Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit | Vape Pen Kits

To keep it on his belt, you could look for police issue type holsters for pepper spray.. that's what my husband puts his provari in and it works perfect..

something like the holster below

https://www.amazon.com/SABRE-Red-Pepper-Spray-Strength/dp/B0007VHXMA

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Shadav, for a mod. Maybe Geekvape Aegis Mini or vandy vape jackaroo. Both are small mods designed to take some punishment.

Cheap and reasonable would be Smoant Battlestar Mini, a simple 18650 mod with simple zinc alloy construction. Yellow one is a little bit more harder to loose.

And another tank option is Vaporesso Drizzle, 1.3 or 1.4 ohm coils. Glass is a lot thicker in real life, coils can be replaced when there's some liquid in the tank, airflow has a lot of adjustment, but coils do seem to have a long break in period.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Very important for of when it comes to someone switching to vaping...first figure out whether you like MTL or DL. Second comes the device.
Best is go to a vape shop and try a few different setups....them decide on which might work for you.
Just my :2c:
no vape shops where he is
and lmfao given his reaction to my vape, i'm going to say he needs a mtl or restricted dl, plus something that draws more like a cig so probably mtl

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I’m going full Innokin:

Innokin EQ pod mod:

Very cigarette-like draw.

Plexus coil pods have great flavor, are stingy with juice, and last a long time.

Easy to fill.

800mAh battery

Kroma A and Zenith tank:

75W and TC

2000mAh battery

2 amp charging

Zenith tank straddles MTL and DL.

Popular with the newbies and experienced alike.

Good range of coil types.

Easy top fill.

A solid reliable mod and tank available as a kit.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
no vape shops where he is
and lmfao given his reaction to my vape, i'm going to say he needs a mtl or restricted dl, plus something that draws more like a cig so probably mtl
Understood. Yeah mtl seems the way to start off with then.
What happened to me is I was strict mtl for the first two years. Stubbornly refusing the even think of anything else. Something was always missing though. Then I tried dl and a whole new world opened up for me. More flavor, more satisfaction and i'm vaping less... because I get a better nic kick, I suppose. I settled on a restricted dl now and its the happiest i've been vaping.
Hope there's something in this for you two...:thumb:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
ok well I presented my hubby with 8 different mods I found after looking for internal batteries that are somewhat small but with 2000mah and 40+ w, didn't tell him anything about them, just had him choose which one he liked the looks of best and he picked the Kroma, but then when I showed him colors I didn't realize there's the kroma and kroma-a so well he picked the kroma
I don't like that the kit comes with the slipstream sub ohm tank, so I'm buying him a zenith d22 tank
which is fine because I was going to get the kroma-a with zenith and then some mesh tank but oh well....

hopefully he likes it and will stop smoking, threw in a handful of different types of drip tips for him to try out also
and hopefully some not sucky tobacco flavored juices
I decided not to go with a pod system or cig-a-likes, mostly because ug i'm spending way too much on the kit and second tank, this man better appreciate it lmfao I never spend that much on a tank for myself :lol::pervy:
and since he's getting both a mtl and dl tank, there's really no reason to get the pod and I already know the cig-a-likes will suck and between those and the mod i'm sure he'll find he enjoys the mod more, depending on what he thinks of the mod, I may still get him a pod

thank you for all the suggestions

one last question, how pocket friendly is the kroma? It seems small enough to be thrown in his pocket...

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Well done @Shadav
Hope the setup works for him and he stays of the stink stuff. What also worked wonders for me when I felt like a cigarette in the beginning is WTA. Don't know if or how much you know about it, but it can make a difference. Maybe worthwhile looking into if he feels like a smoke going forward.
Check out the website. Jerry the owner/manufacturer welcomes a call and he has very good advice on how to best use it.
Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
innokin-kroma-slipstream-india-hand.jpg

Kroma and slipstream in hand... not too big.

Should be okay.

You went the extra mile.

He’s a lucky guy.

Don’t let him forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread