Need to consider the rebuildable option. Need a little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
My helpful friends. I am concerned about the new regulations. I have been using the Jacaroo with the Zenith tank and Z coils. I have several jacaroos.

I need to figure out if I can do the rebuildable. I need some suggestions on what to look for. What brands, perhaps.

I am an older lady but hubby is a maintenance mechanic so if I can get him the drawings or description, I know he can do this.

The new regs suck but I can vape for quite awhile on what I have. I make my own ejuice. My mods seem sturdy and should last. I ordered a couple more tanks and lots of coils but I think it is time to consider the rebuildable option.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Welcome aboard - I'm sure one of our experts will be along shortly to help out
Thanks. I do hope we won't have problems accessing ecig forum in the future. it isn't American anyway so shouldn't be a problem, I suppose. These new regs are going to hurt vapers in America, for sure. I quit smoking in 2013 with vaping and I have been happy.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Are you looking for a rebuildable tank atomizer (RTA) or rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA)?

You are wise to be looking into rebuilding. The hardest part isn't the winding of the soil. Even mounting the coil isn't hard if you get a more modern system. The hardest part is getting the wicking right if using an RTA (wicking is easy on an RDA). But rebuilding is the way to go unless you have money to buy enough factory coils.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Are you looking for a rebuildable tank atomizer (RTA) or rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA)?

You are wise to be looking into rebuilding. The hardest part isn't the winding of the soil. Even mounting the coil isn't hard if you get a more modern system. The hardest part is getting the wicking right if using an RTA (wicking is easy on an RDA). But rebuilding is the way to go unless you have money to buy enough factory coils.

Keep somethign in mind with an RTA. Since there is glass involved you'll want to buy some replacement glass, too.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012

I just vape and I don't drip. I think I would be MTL vaper.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think you would be wise to look into the Innokin Ares 2 or the Ares 2 LE RTA. They are the same tank, just that the LE doesn't have the designs engraved into it. They come in 2 diameters: 22mm and 24mm. The 22mm is called the Ares 2 D22 and the 24mm is called the the Ares 2 D24. The D24 holds more juice.

Each tank will come with a spare glass. But finding more spare glass isn't as easy as other RTAs.

MyVaporStore has the D24 for $32.99 but you might find it cheaper.
    Innokin Ares 2 RTA by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

The LE D24 is $7 more
    Innokin Ares 2 LE RTA by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

MVS doesn't have the spare glass in stock

Here's an in-depth video for you to get a good look at the RTA and how to build it. This is for the Ares 2 not the Ares 2 LE but they are exactly the same with the exception of aesthetics. Innards and building it will be exactly the same.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Each tank will come with a spare glass. But finding more spare glass isn't as easy as other RTAs.
    Fasttech has them. I haven't used FT since the whole PayPal thing. I might try getting a prefilled card. What are your thoughts?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Fasttech has them. I haven't used FT since the whole PayPal thing. I might try getting a prefilled card. What are your thoughts?

Yeah, but I didn't mention it because the picture and the dimensions listed are incorrect. I see there's a forum thread about it, but it hasn't been addressed yet due to chinese new year holiday. That and I didn't know if OP wants to buy from China.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hum, if it's authentic innokin....?

Doesn't matter, it could still be mislisted. I've been burned a few times on glass from FT that was mislisted, both authentic and aftermarket. I recommend verifying all wrong dimensions/pictures with FT when it comes to glass. But that's just me.

Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Brunhilde MTL RTA is a Fantastic RTA and most definitely worth a good look.
    I've been using them for quite a while now. Very easy to coil and wick them and awesome flavour;)
    $31.51 Authentic Brunhilde RTA (Standard Edition) - 5ml (21.5*18.5mm (OD*ID)) / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Free Shipping
    Good Luck with your search:)

Question about that Brunhilde RTA: Is it easy to find those braided steel cables from non-vape suppliers (like buying resistance wire), or do you pretty much have to buy them from vape suppliers?

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    I think you would be wise to look into the Innokin Ares 2 or the Ares 2 LE RTA. They are the same tank, just that the LE doesn't have the designs engraved into it. They come in 2 diameters: 22mm and 24mm. The 22mm is called the Ares 2 D22 and the 24mm is called the the Ares 2 D24. The D24 holds more juice.

MyVaporStore has the D24 for $32.99 but you might find it cheaper.
    Innokin Ares 2 RTA by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

The LE D24 is $7 more
    Innokin Ares 2 LE RTA by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

MVS doesn't have the spare glass in stock

Here's an in-depth video for you to get a good look at the RTA and how to build it. This is for the Ares 2 not the Ares 2 LE but they are exactly the same with the exception of aesthetics. Innards and building it will be exactly the same.

That looks good. Looks like you get everything you need to start rebuilding the atomizer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread