Need to find new E-cig brand PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have a problem and I was hoping some of the experts here could help me find a solution.

I have been a user of e-cigs for the past year and I love them. Totally helped me quit smoking, felt better, just awesome. I was using White Cloud e-cigs (Both the Flings, and the Cirrus starter kit) and I was totally happy with this.

However, White Cloud decided to change the formula for their Menthol flavor and some bad effects started. For years I was a migraine sufferer, however due to a dietary change I completely cured my migraines. One day a new shipment of flings came in. I started to vape on one of them, and I immediately tasted a different sort of sour flavor that wasn't there before. I decided to ignore it, but before I had made it through 20 puffs I had a migraine aura and immediately had to go take my medicine before the pain became unbearable.

I called white cloud, returned the flings, got a new batch, and decided to do an experiment one more time. And again, less than 20 puffs in, migraine was triggered.

I then purchased a bunch of cartridges for my Cirrus rechargeable e-cig. The cartridges came in, and they tasted great, no migraines, woo hoo!

So I purchased a pack of 50 cartridges again from White Cloud. And upon opening them, I smelled the distinct sour smell in the new menthol formula as well as saw they had re-designed the cartridges. I took only two puffs to make sure that I wasn't wrong and I tasted the sourness again.

Now I'm stuck and I've been smoking regular analogs again for the past two weeks. I tried to purchase a garbage "Logic" e-cig from the gas station but it was completely unsatisfactory with ....ty flavor, low vapor volume and overall just sucked.

I was hoping someone here could steer me in the right direction when it comes to a new e-cig brand, and maybe give me some insight into what chemical was causing my migraines so I know to avoid that when purchasing juice in the future. I really enjoy menthol flavor, I was probably at my peak smoking 5 analog cigs a day so I don't want any sort of crazy sized contraption, I really enjoyed the size of the White Cloud Cirrus battery from the starter kit so if someone could recommend a setup that is around that size I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

-Josh

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I have no idea what might cause the migraines, but I would strongly recommend a kit that allows you to use any juice you choose and to change as often as you want. This would be an excellent starter kit:

Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

I really do not recommend a cig-alike style vaporizer. But if you are absolutely convinced you must have that, there are some better ones on the market, such as the Smokeless Image Volt and Joyetech eRoll, either of which would allow you to fill with juice of your choosing.

One reason choosing your own juice could be important is that if the migraines are provoked by one of the juice ingredients, such as PG or VG, you could acquire a juice without that ingredient.

Remember to drink LOTS of fluids when vaping. It is dehydrating.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Nicotine intake levels could also be a trigger for your migraines, as well as PG/VG content. For myself, quitting analogs became easy once I switched from something that looked, and felt like a cigarette, to something completely different, such as the starter kit linked above. Most of the people I personally know who quit smoking didnt quit because they wanted to, but found vaping a more superior experience once they started using a quality product. The kanger starter kit above won't disappoint. If you move forward with the starter kit, the next best step is to try an ejuice with a lower propelyn glycol ratio. Would also recommend going lower in your usual nicotine level since the personal vaporizers are far more effective in nicotine delivery and vapor production. Hope that helps!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I find it difficult to believe that you have been vaping a year and still using cigalikes and prefilled cartridges.

You could probably just find an atomizer that would fit your batteries that you could fill with the juice of your choice. Go to your local vape/smoke shop and see if the have some mini tanks that will fit. Then it's just a matter of finding a juice that you like, that doesn't create migraines. Get a tank with a wick and not foam filled blanks.

The cause of your problems could be simply the foam that they are using in the new style cartos. Since you said it takes 20 puffs before your symptoms start.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
I agree that you may be vaping at too high a nicotine level. If you have been smoking on 5 cigarettes a day, at the most I'd try 6 mg/L or even 0. I doubt that with that few cigarettes, you are getting much from the nicotine at all anyway. If you have an empty cartridge, you can try getting a juice that you like and refill one of the ones you already have. I don't know what type of threading you have on your cartridges, but you may be able to get unfilled cartomizers that fit the batteries that you have and fill your own. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you very much guys!

To be honest, it isn't the nicotine level because I have been vaping the full strength white cloud level for a year with zero issues, it was literally the change in the e-cig juice or possibly the foam like you guys said and that was it, no more vaping pleasure for me :(

I will take all your advice and report back, hopefully finding the right solution for me. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread