Need to take a break from building

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
So i have been fighting with my tootlepuffers lately and not getting a satisfying vape from any of my builds. My TC builds have been lackluster, anemic vapes. My goto power builds are scorching and burning and just plain sucking. I can't seem to wrap a good mtl coil to save my life, and im frustrated.

I am in need of a reliable and readily available dropin tootlepuffer setup with a decent capacity, reliable coils and can handle higher vg juices (my current adv is Bobas Bounty). I don't need a cloud chaser as at work i can't create weather systems like i can at home ( and my sub ohm builds are working amazingly, which is even more frustrating).

Are there any new tanks out there that can do what I'm asking?

i have tried the innokin zenith tank and it doesn't keep up with my ADV, and i broke my 2 nautis. the kanger sub tank with the 1.2 just cant keep up either. :(

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I grab a needle and poke holes in the side of my Zenith coils n can't keep it from gurgling w 50vg. Might run bobas that way. Can ya stand to dilute it some? What is bobas, 100vg now? That's a standard mix nowadays. Soak it good n start the power low. Used to taste just fine for most folks @ 6.5watts way back when.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

PugLady

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    So i have been fighting with my tootlepuffers lately and not getting a satisfying vape from any of my builds. My TC builds have been lackluster, anemic vapes. My goto power builds are scorching and burning and just plain sucking. I can't seem to wrap a good mtl coil to save my life, and im frustrated.

I am in need of a reliable and readily available dropin tootlepuffer setup with a decent capacity, reliable coils and can handle higher vg juices (my current adv is Bobas Bounty). I don't need a cloud chaser as at work i can't create weather systems like i can at home ( and my sub ohm builds are working amazingly, which is even more frustrating).

i have tried the innokin zenith tank and it doesn't keep up with my ADV, and i broke my 2 nautis. the kanger sub tank with the 1.2 just cant keep up either. :(
    Following [emoji677]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Have you tried any premades for your coil, maybe even something exotic but with TC wire in the center? It sounds like your coils aren't robust enough, quite, for the builds you want. You could also try a thicker gauge wire.

As far as tanks, well, IDK. I'm fond of the CLR Joytech coil at 1.0 resistance you could certainly try one of the many tanks that accepts this coil.. It's flavorful, the coils last a long time, I'd hazard a guess they might keep up with your juices (I use very high VG in most of my tanks, but I dilute with 10% water, but they're still high in VG and my coils handle it fine. I believe they make a 0.5 titanium coil that must be run in TC mode (I could be wrong on that) however, these coils are also very easy to rewick and reuse, and you can even rebuild the coils if you so desire (a bit more complicated). The Ego one Mega V2 and the Tron-S will both accept this coil (as well as countless others) there is a thread on the coil on ECF that has a ton of information about which tanks can accept this coil. Best of luck finding something that works for you.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

Pick up the ORIGINAL uwell crown.. you'll be happy.. grab some of the 1.2 ohm coils for it for MTL..

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City

Adding a small amount of water to your Bobas, say 3-5%, should improve the flow on those without having much effect on the flavor. Hope you find a good vape through all this!

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Pick up the ORIGINAL uwell crown.. you'll be happy.. grab some of the 1.2 ohm coils for it for MTL..
    I agree with Opinionated. I have a few of these (for different flavors). I settled on using the 0.5 ohm coils, but you might be happier with the 1.2 ohm coils. The tank comes with a 0.5 ohm, 0.12 ohm (TC), and 0.25 ohm coil and a spare glass tube. Each coil has its own recommend wattage range. I vape a 100% VG juice with no issues.

My review is in this thread: Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations

rabernet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    Buford, GA
    Have you tried any premades for your coil, maybe even something exotic but with TC wire in the center? It sounds like your coils aren't robust enough, quite, for the builds you want. You could also try a thicker gauge wire.

As far as tanks, well, IDK. I'm fond of the CLR Joytech coil at 1.0 resistance you could certainly try one of the many tanks that accepts this coil.. It's flavorful, the coils last a long time, I'd hazard a guess they might keep up with your juices (I use very high VG in most of my tanks, but I dilute with 10% water, but they're still high in VG and my coils handle it fine. I believe they make a 0.5 titanium coil that must be run in TC mode (I could be wrong on that) however, these coils are also very easy to rewick and reuse, and you can even rebuild the coils if you so desire (a bit more complicated). The Ego one Mega V2 and the Tron-S will both accept this coil (as well as countless others) there is a thread on the coil on ECF that has a ton of information about which tanks can accept this coil. Best of luck finding something that works for you.

Anna

Anna - do you happen to have a link to that particular thread?

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    I agree with Opinionated. I have a few of these (for different flavors). I settled on using the 0.5 ohm coils, but you might be happier with the 1.2 ohm coils. The tank comes with a 0.5 ohm, 0.12 ohm (TC), and 0.25 ohm coil and a spare glass tube. Each coil has its own recommend wattage range. I vape a 100% VG juice with no issues.

My review is in this thread: Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations
    i had a hard time finding the v1 crown, but have 2 on order, and will give it a try. i had heard it was a great subohm tank as well, so if i get my mojo back for mtl building i will keep them in rotation for my dl juices.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    So, just a little update. I got my crown tank in, but the mtl coils were not included. im not going to put the vendor on blast; but not only did i not get the coils i paid for, i got coils for a completely different tank. ordered 2 1.2 ohm packs for the crown and got 1 0.5ohm NiCr kanger ssoc coils.:-x so im stuck with a Innokin Zenith with the 1.6ohm coils. will give it a try as i thinned out my ADV with some distilled water. if the vendor cant fix the mixup i WONT be ordering from them ever again, and may leak who it was in this thread. i did find the coils on another site, but my vape budget is frozen till may due to uncle sam taking a bite out of my ... this tax year.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    So, just a little update. I got my crown tank in, but the mtl coils were not included. im not going to put the vendor on blast; but not only did i not get the coils i paid for, i got coils for a completely different tank. ordered 2 1.2 ohm packs for the crown and got 1 0.5ohm NiCr kanger ssoc coils.:-x so im stuck with a Innokin Zenith with the 1.6ohm coils. will give it a try as i thinned out my ADV with some distilled water. if the vendor cant fix the mixup i WONT be ordering from them ever again, and may leak who it was in this thread. i did find the coils on another site, but my vape budget is frozen till may due to uncle sam taking a bite out of my ... this tax year.
    Sorry to hear of the trouble the vendor has caused. The crown is a great tank, I use the .5 coils and get great flavor from them. Also if you decide to name drop the vendor there is a section on this forum for negative (and positive) vendor experiences. Best of luck and I hope the vendor takes care of you for the trouble.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I got my crown tank in, but the mtl coils were not included. im not going to put the vendor on blast; but not only did i not get the coils i paid for, i got coils for a completely different tank. ordered 2 1.2 ohm packs for the crown and got 1 0.5ohm NiCr kanger ssoc coils.
    I either get my replacement coils from Fast Tech or My Vapor Store.

Crown 1.2 ohm authentic replacement coils Fast Tech (China) cheaper, but slow delivery time (2 -3 weeks)
    Crown 1.2 ohm authentic replacement coils My Vapor Store (USA) faster delivery time (4-5 days)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave