Needing good prices on 18650's

Status
Not open for further replies.

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
Been a long time since I posted here but seeing as I am replacing my RX 200s with something easier to carry around I am going to need to get new batteries and since I am on a limited budget I wondering if anyone knows of any good battery deals i need 4 min. as i dont want to just sit around with nothing till my batteries charge back up.

• Informative
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Been a long time since I posted here but seeing as I am replacing my RX 200s with something easier to carry around I am going to need to get new batteries and since I am on a limited budget I wondering if anyone knows of any good battery deals i need 4 min. as i dont want to just sit around with nothing till my batteries charge back up.
Check with the vendors listed below for the best prices.
mooch2017 trust.jpg

What device are you considering to replace the RX?
mooch2017.jpg

Cheers
I

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
Check with the vendors listed below for the best prices.
View attachment 696067
What device are you considering to replace the RX?
View attachment 696069

Cheers
I
I'm looking at the aspire archon again because of being on such a tight budget I can't afford much in fact if not for my rdtas and a dripper I would not be vaping some of the month due to coil cost also juice prices in my state are getting stupidly high so most of my vape budget goes to juice

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm looking at the aspire archon again because of being on such a tight budget I can't afford much in fact if not for my rdtas and a dripper I would not be vaping some of the month due to coil cost also juice prices in my state are getting stupidly high so most of my vape budget goes to juice
Why not start DIYing eliquid. That's the best way to save money.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Because Kansas has a stupid sin tax any and all nic that comes into the state is charged 5 cents per ML on top of the 8.9% sales tax
It’s still gotta be cheaper to make your own juice. Before I started diy, buying juice was biggest expense, by far, to vape. That sucks that Kansas is taxing you like that but if your getting charged per ml and nic content doesn’t matter just get 100mg nic base and you can cut it with pg/vg down to your preferred nic mg. That will be way cheaper than buying juice even with kansas’s Ridiculous tax.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Because Kansas has a stupid sin tax any and all nic that comes into the state is charged 5 cents per ML on top of the 8.9% sales tax

I buy my batteries here at half the price brick and mortar stores charge.
Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

Sounds like it would be advantageous to take a drive out of state to buy some DIY supplies.

OTOH, a $50 liter of 100mg/ml nic would cost you an extra $50 plus the 8.9% tax and would make a lot of juice. The vendor is charging you the tax plus his profit.

A liter of nic at my 3mg/ml mix strength and vaping 10ml a day will last me 4.5 years making DIY ejuice. You'd save in the long run.

Check out the DIY forums here on ECF.
DIY E-Liquid

Last edited:

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
Sounds like it would be advantageous to take a drive out of state to buy some DIY supplies.

OTOH, a $50 liter of 100mg/ml nic would cost you an extra $50 plus the 8.9% tax and would make a lot of juice. The vendor is charging you the tax plus his profit.

A liter of nic at my 3mg/ml mix strength and vaping 10ml a day will last me 4.5 years making DIY ejuice. You'd save in the long run.
Problem is finding a dealer in town then will sell nic since here they view every DIYer as a threat to there bottom line its even next to impossible to get VG or PG from a vape shop in this state and online stores are asking outrageous prices for there DIY stuff. The reason I am needing to find cheap prices on good batteries is with the lawsuits shops here are carrying less and charging more for what they do have and so far I can't find any good prices on good batteries online and I'm not paying 15 bucks per unit for subpar batteries that could hurt me

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Problem is finding a dealer in town then will sell nic since here they view every DIYer as a threat to there bottom line its even next to impossible to get VG or PG from a vape shop in this state and online stores are asking outrageous prices for there DIY stuff. The reason I am needing to find cheap prices on good batteries is with the lawsuits shops here are carrying less and charging more for what they do have and so far I can't find any good prices on good batteries online and I'm not paying 15 bucks per unit for subpar batteries that could hurt me

You can't mail order a liter of nic? Start here for a liter of 100mg/ml nic for $50.
UnFlavored Nicotine E-Liquid Base - 1-Liter Container

Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com
There are several popular 18650s on sale for $5 and under on the home page. If you order 2 or more they include a snap top battery case.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
DIY is still going to be cheaper. If it were me, I'd feel "challenged" by that tax to go buy a BUNCH of nic out of state, and bring it home. Even if it's a bit of a drive, if you get enough nic that you can freeze you are going to recoup your costs over time, so easssillllyyy.

Not to mention, DIY is a lot of fun.

I am sorry your vaping budget is so tight and your state so backwards. I hope you can find a way to make this work.

Anna

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
DIY is still going to be cheaper. If it were me, I'd feel "challenged" by that tax to go buy a BUNCH of nic out of state, and bring it home. Even if it's a bit of a drive, if you get enough nic that you can freeze you are going to recoup your costs over time, so easssillllyyy.

Not to mention, DIY is a lot of fun.

I am sorry your vaping budget is so tight and your state so backwards. I hope you can find a way to make this work.

Anna

Unfortunately all of my purchases have to be online because I don't have a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you have an out of state friend who could order for you then send it on? I highly doubt a homemade package from a friend would be stopped by customs if they just repackaged it? Is there even such a thing as out of state customs on a homemade.... well, it's nic, so that probably means you'd need to ship it ground, and labeled as hazmat... NVM.

I realize the upfront costs can be a bit daunting, but aren't you being charged that tax for premade juices when you buy online? I really think this might be a time to just buy stronger nic, like 100mg/ml (since they tax per ml, not per strength) and go for it, if there's any way possible. Any family out of state going to be sending you gifts this Christmas and etc.? Travel?

I would also consider a greyhound bus trip, and I hate the bus. With that said, I'm pretty passionate about DIY and the cost savings. I LOVE that I've paid for almost everything I need for the next while already.... It is a huge savings over time.

Or, just buy a really small bottle of nic to test out DIY and see how you like it (it can be a bit intimidating up front but it's really fun once you get going with it....)

Or, you know, just continue doing what you are doing, but I can pretty much guarantee that e-liquid (of all sorts) is only going to get more expensive/harder to get, as you are seeing in your backwards state. Just imagine once the Feds jump in.

Sell blood plasma? (I'm not kidding, I might do it in your circumstance, if I were physically able to do so). I think I can, I've never had the need, which I am so thoroughly grateful for, but I don't rule out these types of things, really....

Anna

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
Do you have an out of state friend who could order for you then send it on? I highly doubt a homemade package from a friend would be stopped by customs if they just repackaged it? Is there even such a thing as out of state customs on a homemade.... well, it's nic, so that probably means you'd need to ship it ground, and labeled as hazmat... NVM.

I realize the upfront costs can be a bit daunting, but aren't you being charged that tax for premade juices when you buy online? I really think this might be a time to just buy stronger nic, like 100mg/ml (since they tax per ml, not per strength) and go for it, if there's any way possible. Any family out of state going to be sending you gifts this Christmas and etc.? Travel?

I would also consider a greyhound bus trip, and I hate the bus. With that said, I'm pretty passionate about DIY and the cost savings. I LOVE that I've paid for almost everything I need for the next while already.... It is a huge savings over time.

Or, just buy a really small bottle of nic to test out DIY and see how you like it (it can be a bit intimidating up front but it's really fun once you get going with it....)

Or, you know, just continue doing what you are doing, but I can pretty much guarantee that e-liquid (of all sorts) is only going to get more expensive/harder to get, as you are seeing in your backwards state. Just imagine once the Feds jump in.

Sell blood plasma? (I'm not kidding, I might do it in your circumstance, if I were physically able to do so). I think I can, I've never had the need, which I am so thoroughly grateful for, but I don't rule out these types of things, really....

Anna

I don't have any family left alive so no one going out of town for holidays and if I could afford a bus ticket I could afford to just buy a bottle from my freedom smokes I live in a small town with no Greyhound stops and with no car no way to get to the bus station 40 miles away and also no friends in this state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
It looks like they haven't started collecting that tax yet.

Kansas to reduce e-liquid tax | Vaping Post

I am not sure if there's even a way they can do it, since there are no interstate customs in this country.

They would have to contact each vendor who mailorders into the state, and get them to voluntarily collect the tax.

Then each vendor would have to report and remit it to the state.

Or I guess KS could set up a permit system of some sort.

I also imagine that people on "online bidding sites" would take the chance of selling small quantities contrary to law.

Would be interesting to look at the enforcement provisions in the current law.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Informative

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Indiana did it this way:

"1. (a) Except as otherwise permitted by this article, a person may not purchase, receive, manufacture, import, or transport, or cause to be imported or transported from another state, territory, or country into Indiana, or transport, ship, barter, give away, exchange, furnish, or otherwise handle or dispose of e-liquid, or to possess e-liquid for purpose of sale.

(b) A person may not knowingly receive or acquire e-liquid from a person or authorized distributor who does not hold a valid permit under this article to sell, deliver, furnish, or give the e-liquid."

As a result very few online sellers will ship to Indiana

Reactions: -KT-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread