Needs some recs (RTA RDA BOX MOD), help before Vapegeddon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi ECF!

I've been hiding my head in the sand and thankfully resurfaced just in time (I hope!) to acquire and stock up on some essentials before the mail ban goes into effect.

I used to have a couple kayfun RTA's but I got rid of them a couple years ago. I have been using a FreeMax FireLuke Mesh tank out of pure simplicity and convenience. But now with the mail ban I'm realizing an RTA and / or RDA are going to be needed when my drop in mesh coils run out. Something trustworthy and not too complicated to set up ideally.

Also, looking for a trusty box mod (100W) or 2 that isn't crazy expensive.

I've been scrambling trying to read through as many threads as possible but it hasn't been easy now that I have a 14 month old requiring all my attention. I'm hoping you all can help me out so I can place a couple more orders and feel at ease with the end near. At least not have to be at the mercy of whatever B&M store that might survive.

TIA!

MT

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi ECF!

I've been hiding my head in the sand and thankfully resurfaced just in time (I hope!) to acquire and stock up on some essentials before the mail ban goes into effect.

I used to have a couple Kayfun RTA's but I got rid of them a couple years ago. I have been using a FreeMax FireLuke Mesh tank out of pure simplicity and convenience. But now with the mail ban I'm realizing an RTA and / or RDA are going to be needed when my drop in mesh coils run out. Something trustworthy and not too complicated to set up ideally.

Also, looking for a trusty box mod (100W) or 2 that isn't crazy expensive.

I've been scrambling trying to read through as many threads as possible but it hasn't been easy now that I have a 14 month old requiring all my attention. I'm hoping you all can help me out so I can place a couple more orders and feel at ease with the end near. At least not have to be at the mercy of whatever B&M store that might survive.

TIA!

MT

Stick your post into this thread:
    Are you done stocking up?
    There's plenty of help, from those who have already stocked up and will advise you on whats you need, and don't need

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
    Jan 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    @Midnight Toker, could I ask what atomisers you like the most?

So that folks and I can get more of an idea on possible options.

I've been using the Fireluke Mesh sub ohm single coil atomizers.

I realize mesh isn't going to be as easy to get as kanthal wire so non mesh coil builds are what I'll be looking for.

Thanks!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I used to have a couple Kayfun RTA's but I got rid of them a couple years ago.
    Which Kayfun?

Were you able to build on them ok?

Or didn't you like them?

If you were ok with building on a Kayfun I would look into grabbing a couple. They are built to last. I own several.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    No worries @Midnight Toker, so sub ohm for definite then.

Single coil RDA's would be your most easiest option then, but you would need a squonk mod to get the best out of one.

Not that you can't use them without one, but the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 comes to mind as an option for a mod at least.

I have been liking Cthulu Mods Mjölnir RDA for a single coil RDA as it's a very flavourful one that's relatively forgiving.

But there's lots to choose from and there may well be some great bargains hiding out there in the wild somewhere, hopefully others can point you in the right direction.

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
    Jan 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Which Kayfun?

Were you able to build on them ok?

Or didn't you like them?

If you were ok with building on a Kayfun I would look into grabbing a couple. They are built to last. I own several.
    I had a 3 and 4 if memory serves...They were pretty hard for me to build on, pretty small and hard to maneuver and see what I was doing. Over 40 and my eyes aren't what they used to be! Loved them otherwise, superior quality.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    But I was getting quite impressive results with 0.8mm × 0.2mm Flat Wire with the Ulton GT IV clone, 5 wraps at 3mm ID fits quite nicely. Belly up!

And I forgot to mention that the RTA uses glass, so no worries about what liquids you can use.

Ulton also do a clone of the Tripod RTA, now that is very flavorful indeed for such a small and elegantly designed RTA. It's that impressive it even left Jai Haze speechless, now that's impressive!

Still haven't cracked the wicking on the Tripod, but the build deck is heavy on kayfun elements. You'll see what I mean when you see it.

But Tripod is very good with simple round wire, so very useful in some respects.

But Atmizoo who make the Tripod also make an RDA called the Creek, I've heard so many good things about them that I'm really tempted. As they're supposed to be another RDA for insane flavour.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    No worries @Midnight Toker, so sub ohm for definite then.

Single coil RDA's would be your most easiest option then, but you would need a squonk mod to get the best out of one.

Not that you can't use them without one, but the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 comes to mind as an option for a mod at least.

I have been liking Cthulu Mods Mjölnir RDA for a single coil RDA as it's a very flavourful one that's relatively forgiving.

But there's lots to choose from and there may well be some great bargains hiding out there in the wild somewhere, hopefully others can point you in the right direction.

+1 on the Squeeze 2's. Have 3 of them that ran Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's when this picture was taken, and later Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's. But they would run any squonk RDA for you in spades. Not too expensive if you can still get them.

S2x3.jpg

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Look into Geekvape Aegis Solo Kit, which is a single 18650 battery mod that shock/dust/water resistant.
    GeekVape Aegis Solo Kit
    You have to log into see prices at lightfire. Make sure you create your account as a non-reseller. They have a $10 flat shipping rate, but you get free shipping at $75.

That Aegis Solo kit comes with the Cerberus tank which takes the Ijoy EXO-S single coil RBA to turn it into a rebuildable tank. You can get that on Amazon in a 5-pack. I personally verified the RBA fits and works in that tank and have bought from that listing/seller without issue. I can't find the RBA anywhere else at this point.

Lightfire also has many RTAs on clearance. They are older models but great prices. Here are some that might interest you.
    All are dual coil and under $5...

Uwell D2 RTA Tank

Horizon Vertex Plus RTA

DigiFlavor Fuji 2 Post GTA - Steel

iCloudCig Moradin RTA

Sense Herakles RTA (25mm)

Sense Herakles RTA Mini

The only RDA I saw there on clearance is the Rafale X, which may not be good for you. It's a series RDA. Cheap as hell, though :D
    They do have some RDAs, but not on clearance.
    LightFire Search: RDA

If you plan on making your own juice, you'll need nicotine base. You can find a list of vendors still shipping here
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

Good luck

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eep

VapeGod22

Moved On
    Apr 5, 2021
    • Deleted by retired1

searcher

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2009
    Bossier City, La
    I check for deals every day over on VapeDeals. Been doing it for years. I generally find mods that were selling for 60 dollars plus for less than 10 bucks. I usually pick up 3 or 4 at that price. I usually break one out to use for a while and store the rest. No idea how many are in the stash, but i would guess at least 50. I mostly use the mods now that use 26650 cells, and keep a couple of mods with 18650s and kayfun light clones for when I need to stealth vape or when the wife is with me in the Jeep. I have only had one mod fail in 5 years of use. My OBS Crius leaked and got juice into the electronics. Since then I mostly only use top airflow RTAs. I picked up 4 Crius 2s (TAF) from Alibaba when they were still available, and saw a deal on Vapedeals for Advken CP TF RTAs for 2 bucks apiece. I grabbed 20 of them. That was 3 years ago. I broke out 3 of them and I've been using that same 3 since along with one OBS (all TAF). With the new rules who knows how long the deals will last, but watch VapeDeals.

Reactions: bnrkwest
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread