Nemesis Magnet Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sontu

Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
South Carolina
I got my magnets in today and installed them. As far as I can tell these are not the same magnets Atmomixani is selling, they are a bit smaller on both the inner and outer diameter. The smaller inner diameter makes installing them a bit more of a pain because the little pin doesn't fit inside the magnet so you have to press them together, then get the pin in place and install the cap. Its really not a big deal but it might take you a few seconds longer to get them installed.

The button with the magnets has a little lighter throw than I would like but it does work well and it got rid of the "clickiness" I had with the spring.

vladzilb

Sep 18, 2013
New York, NY
Got my Super Magnet Man magnets today. So much better than the springs.

typezana.jpg

yba7ujah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
I just recieved the nemesis magnets from fasttech. they were $.90 for a pair and i feel ive gotten what i paid for. They are very very weak. They work, but it doesnt feel like im pushing a button at all. are the magnets from atomaxoni any stronger or is the really light throw a reason people switch to magnets? Should i assume the fasttech magnets are simply weaker than other replacement magnets?

realbriguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just recieved the nemesis magnets from fasttech. they were $.90 for a pair and i feel ive gotten what i paid for. They are very very weak. They work, but it doesnt feel like im pushing a button at all. are the magnets from atomaxoni any stronger or is the really light throw a reason people switch to magnets? Should i assume the fasttech magnets are simply weaker than other replacement magnets?

The Fasttech magnets are garbage. The Atmomixani magnets are rated at N52. The Fasttech magnets I had felt like they were rated at N35. I could barely hold a piece of paper to my fridge with them.

The Atmomixani magnets should have roughly the same resistance rate as the weak spring that a real Nemesis comes with, which is enough to tail stand the device in 18650 mode with a kick and loaded atomizer installed without firing.

balente84

Oct 16, 2013

I just received my Nemesis and 10 magnets from fasttech. Yes, those magnets were really weak, but how many magnets were you using? When I used only 2 magnets I felt something was wrong, but with 3 magnets it seemed to be good for me. Have you tried placing the magnets like NS - SN - NS?

By the way, 2 magnets were broken in 2 minutes while trying to unstack them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
I just received my Nemesis and 10 magnets from fasttech. Yes, those magnets were really weak, but how many magnets were you using? When I used only 2 magnets I felt something was wrong, but with 3 magnets it seemed to be good for me. Have you tried placing the magnets like NS - SN - NS?

By the way, 2 magnets were broken in 2 minutes while trying to unstack them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i broke a few too. theyre very brittle. I ordered 4 pairs planning to give them as gifts but now theyre fridge magnets. I did put 2 of them in my nemesis and i just have to keep the throw short in order for it to feel right. I tried 4 magnets in it to see if that would strengthen it and it helped but it wasnt very smooth. Ill try the 3 magnet configuration you recommend. Seems like it would help hold the pin in there better with 3 magnets too.

I found stronger magnets online for around $6 so ill give them a shot sometime soon.

outxider

Oct 20, 2013
bay area, ca

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I got the Fasttech magnets and had to use 3 on each side!
Also, if I screw the bottom post all the way down, I can't get contact so I have to back it out. I think the black delrin stuff is too thick?
Antbody have the same problem?
I also have an nzonic V3 and had to fine tune the switch.

Dana

Get the FatDaddyVapes.com replacements for both the top and bottom contact pins. I use the bottom one on all 3 of my Nemesis clones. the top of the contact is thicker which gives you a shorter throw and the fat top one allows you to use the beauty ring without a kick or fuse installed. I also have tried several different magnets and tried FatDaddyVapes magnets with the best results compared to the Fasttech or some I got on Ebay.

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
Thanks, I now have the problem of brass threads wearing out on the bottom switch assy. I'll go look at Fatdaddy.

Dana

Get the FatDaddyVapes.com replacements for both the top and bottom contact pins. I use the bottom one on all 3 of my Nemesis clones. the top of the contact is thicker which gives you a shorter throw and the fat top one allows you to use the beauty ring without a kick or fuse installed. I also have tried several different magnets and tried FatDaddyVapes magnets with the best results compared to the Fasttech or some I got on Ebay.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
Thanks, I don't see the brass threaded bottom portion listed on e-bay. I think I'll just glue the bottom post in. It keeps unscrewing and I dont see how it can do that. The brass threads are getting worn and slipping threads! $24 and it lasted 10 days ...?
Oh well, I have my Nzonic V3 to fall back on but I have problems with it's magnetics sometimes.

Dana

You might also look here as he also sells on ebay Fatdaddyvapes | eBay and seems to have more items listed there than on his site. Now as for the switch if you have a HCigar clone which is 1:1 you can get the orginal switch when in stock at Vaperev Shop - Accessories - Atmomixani - Mechanical - Devices but seem to be out of them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread