• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Netflix and Hulu: Who Else Has CUT the Cable Cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I used to think that I couldn't live without an entire cable TV package until I met my fiance. We haven't had our TV hooked up to a cable box in over 3 years and I can't say that I miss it one little bit. The only reason we have cable now is for Internet.

We've been using Netflix and HuluPLUS for our viewing pleasure and WE LOVE IT!

Who else here has cut the cable cord?

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Mike and I are hooked on T.V. mostly just sound in the background. Mike likes Hulu but he never seems to find the epidode he wants. I want my computer free to be on here..with the T.V. in the background..plus when the boys are here I lose one or the other to them playing games.
Netflix seems to be going thru some price hikes and growing pains. Hulu may be bought out soon by a network I think..so it could change.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I've had Netflix since they first started and only sent out DVD's. Now they do streaming and there's a lot more to choose from. It's worth the $11 for unlimited streaming. Hulu has a lot of my favorite TV shows, most of which are streamed the day after they air for $8. Both work on our XBox, computers and on my Android phone, so I can see whatever I want whenever I want where I want. For us, it's worth the $19 and so much cheaper than Comcast.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
We still have DTV with HD DVR, but have cut back to no premium channels since getting our ROKU box ($59, paid for itself first month), we still have a 2DVD plan + streaming with Netflix, as some things we want are not streamed, and also have HULU Plus, but all in all, less money and much more selection. We also DVR our favorites as we cannot stand to watch commercials. On our 76" Mitsubishi with surround sound in the living room and the 42" inch LCD in the bedroom, we are just about covered, plus I can stream to my laptop on the road.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
Hi bwood12043....welcome to The Womens Room :):)

What is a ROKU box?

It's streaming box that gets the signal through my wireless internet modem and then is connected to TV through HDMI cable. Some use Xbox or other device, but this one is very small, and was only $59 dollars with remote, so I felt like it was a bargain. If you have Netflix, they have a page about them or here is a link:

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle and More on Roku Player

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
We've done Netflixin & Sirius from the beginnings. Funny you mention Hulu Plus as right b4 I got on here I canceled the trial. I luv our Wii, and no, the netflix app isn't the best. Hulu required Playon to run on our Wii & it sucks like an old camel wide! We tried Hulu, but we run on a side track to reality & couldn't find much we could get into. When they get better apps we will try them again.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
I dropped to streaming only on netflix. I stream on my tivo premiere and use it a lot. I didn't use streaming much on my PC, just used it to occupy grandchildren when needed. We still have cable too because my mom needs her HGTV :laugh: I will admit I spend too much time watching tv but I don't go out to movies and stuff. I am getting backed up on my tivo recordings and need to spend a weekend catching up....been spending too much time on vapetv I think.....

De l'eau Vapour

May 29, 2011
Pacific NW
I never watched much TV to begin with and there are only a handful of TV shows that I really love to watch. That being the case, I couldn't justify keeping the premium cable package at their seemingly "Super" premium price and I dumped it for Netflix just over two years ago. I've been thinking about adding Hulu Plus but still waiting to see if they will add more content/shows for streaming via the Roku box. I am really hoping Netflix will be adding more to streaming as well since they are going to hike the price for all of us who also have the DVD's option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread