Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Ok so here it is, I'll start it out, you just add a one liner, two, whatever, just whatever comes to mind that flows with the last post, ( or not ) lol , it gets good so just jump in there when you can.......

hahaha please leave the end of your comment open as if in the middle of your sentence, so the next poster can continue where you left off :):):)

Two gorrillas laying around vapin , one dropped his in his ape lap, and the other looked to him and said ...............

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
........... holding within one hand our ecig , and in the other hand...........

:lol :lol:

and in the other hand, ---- the how to Indulge your Obsession manual,

"here hunny," he said, with a wry smile, --
" hold this for a minute ------ :shock: "

with wide eyes, and holding her breath,
she reaches out and -------

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Sorry - showing my age. Citation - Mellow Yellow - Wikipedia.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, yesssssy -----------

The Dead Milkmen wrote a song about this titled "Smoking Banana Peels" on their album Beelzebubba.

Donovan's hit single "Mellow Yellow" was released a few months prior to the Berkeley Barb article, and in the popular culture of the era, the song was assumed to be about smoking banana peels. Shortly after the "Berkeley Barb" and the song, bananadine was featured in the New York Times[2].

For years it was assumed that the song "Mellow Yellow" was the source for bananadine.

In the inner sleeve of Experience, the first full-length album by British band The Prodigy, Leeroy Thornhill is quoted saying "Respect to everyone I've met, you're welcome round to smoke some Banana skins anytime." This quote clearly indicates a sense of euphoria and happiness for the banana smokers, and in short would make even the most mundane of chores enjoyable.

The Ray Stevens song "Old Hippie Class Reunion" alludes to this fad. There is a recurring exchange: "What happened to it?" "We smoked it..." about increasingly improbable things, until at the end of the song the two characters enthusiastically consider smoking the entire contents of a pet store.

The Frank Zappa song "Blue Light" from Tinsel Town Rebellion likewise alludes to the fad: "That was back in the days when you used to / Smoke a banana / You would scrape the stuff off the middle / You would bake it / You would smoke it / You even thought you was getting ripped from it" It may also be noted that Donovan is mentioned earlier in the previous verse.

Slade also allude to this fad in a more tongue-in-cheek way in "Thanks for the Memory" (from the album of the same name, released 1975) with the line "They knew bananas could get you high".

60s garage rock group, The Electric Prunes released a song called "The Great Banana Hoax," featured on their 1967 album Underground.

It was all a huge hoax, to prove that the press would print anything if it was inciteful enuf.

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Hoax - yes. We weren't so pharmaceutically informed. But many of us tried it. The Beatles popularized the rumor. So there was a slight possibility it would work. It doesn't. Then of course there was the whole "Paul is dead" thing. Oh to be so naively young again! Then again, cigarettes were cool and couldn't hurt you.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hoax - yes. We weren't so pharmaceutically informed. But many of us tried it. The Beatles popularized the rumor. So there was a slight possibility it would work. It doesn't. Then of course there was the whole "Paul is dead" thing. Oh to be so naively young again! Then again, cigarettes were cool and couldn't hurt you.

OMG --- Yes, what wonderful days they were,

we were young, the world was ours, we were Immortal,

listen to this one,

they are singing my song ----- Di, Di, Di, Di, ---- la da da Di, Di, Di ,Di,

YouTube - MARY HOPKIN THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thank-you for that.
It made my day.:)

yes, it feels nice to remember the good times in our lives,

I find myself remembering the sweetest times of mine a lot just lately -------

reliving the wonder, of it all,:wub:

wishing it were that amazing time again -------
:(

here is another one ------ an oldie, yes, but we had songs that said what we feel,

this one is from my heart -- for my special someone - :wub:

YouTube - I honestly love you-Olivia Newton John

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
well, - hahahahah,

I think I have hijacked this thread enuf now, -- :shock:8-o

I will let you all get back to your story telling -------

where was it ????????

oh yes --

well lets not and say we did, kinda like clinton did/nt lol................hehee there's better things to do with the skin of a bananna, like taking it over to the ....................

like taking it over to the ---------------
place where we keep the oils,

a banana skin soaked in warm oil for a few hours is the best thing for putting a good shine on your ................

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland
like taking it over to the ---------------
place where we keep the oils,

a banana skin soaked in warm oil for a few hours is the best thing for putting a good shine on your ................

......Indulgence. While waiting on the new button to arrive. Day after agonizing day.

But suddenly......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread