Never thought I,d call,a cigarette a stinkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I was with two smokers today. They were smoking and then we entered the doctors office, omg these two friends of mine stunk! I was never one to ever think I would call a cigarette a stinkie but oh I am now. My one friend was in seeing the doctor for a little over an hour, as my other friend was taking smoke break after smoke break as we waited. I have to tell you the stink of them almost made me puke! Even when the talked to me the stench was there coming from their breath and the stench was on their coats so bad too. I never realized the smell! I even live with a smoker, who smokes out side. When he comes in for some reason he doesn't stink as bad as my friends did today. I had to ask my husband to please stay away from me this evening because I can't take much more cigarette smell I feel so sick from it. Thank goodness my husband is starting ecigs once he gets his kit.

Also I quit smoking once before for 7 1/2 months and I never smelt cigarette smoke as bad as I did today. It must be because with vaping flavours I am use to nice smelling stuff.

cigarettes are stinkies.

Last edited:

Rosenec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I feel for you. I never realized how bad I smelled in till I started vaping. There is something about the cold that makes smokers smell worse too, and in a clean doctors office. Just plain smelly. My wife still smokes and does so in the garage. The other day I need my knee wrap that was stored in there. I could hardly stand the smell of that.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
Yeah, we smelled like that to other people. I have quit before and learned this fact but went back to smoking, and forever after I couldn't be around anyone for 20 minutes or so after smoking. I still stunk tho.

Vaping? No bad smells and I have even been told I smell good for no other reason than I don't smell like nasty ashtrays, and the bubblegum scent is still on me from my vape break from 3 minutes ago ;)

But don't be mean to them, remember they don't know they smell like that, they can't. Their sense of smell is broken.

mandi0808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Garland, Tx
I too never realized just how strong the smell was until today. I opened my closet and the smell about knocked me over.
Later I was playing with my cat. I picked him up and hugged him and realized he smelled like cigarettes.
The house has been cigarette free for two months. And it's still strong in here at times.
And for pete's sake, my cat smells. It makes me realize just how bad cigarettes really are. And what I might have been doing to my pets. :(

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I too never realized just how strong the smell was until today. I opened my closet and the smell about knocked me over.
Later I was playing with my cat. I picked him up and hugged him and realized he smelled like cigarettes.
The house has been cigarette free for two months. And it's still strong in here at times.
And for pete's sake, my cat smells. It makes me realize just how bad cigarettes really are. And what I might have been doing to my pets. :(

I am going to have to throw out some clothes this weekend, mainly jackets. I also realized today that my phone case smells like an ashtray ;(

total rebirth is what I am seeing in my future, spring cleaning time! My doggie is getting shaved, because I too smell it on him. Sorry little buddy, I didn't know :(

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
When I quit my truck had been sitting in the driveway for three or four days. I got in it to go to work and the smell about knocked me down! I pulled out one of my favorite jackets (now that the South Texas weather is cold enough) and it stunk to high heaven! I have been smoke free for over two months now and I can smell a "stinkie" from 100 yards if the wind is right. It is ironic that we smelled like that for our entire careers as smokers and it never dawned on us that we smelled like that to everyone else. Life changes all the time. Ain't it great?

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Ummmm, not sure how to tell you this, but my bet is that your cat is smoking when you are not around. Set up some cameras to figure out how the cats getting the smokes, sometimes the neighborhood dogs will bootleg them. Hide all the matches lighters, and look for cigarette buts in the litterbox. Good luck, once a cat starts up smoking, it's hard to get them to stop.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, we smelled like that to other people. I have quit before and learned this fact but went back to smoking, and forever after I couldn't be around anyone for 20 minutes or so after smoking. I still stunk tho.

Vaping? No bad smells and I have even been told I smell good for no other reason than I don't smell like nasty ashtrays, and the bubblegum scent is still on me from my vape break from 3 minutes ago ;)

But don't be mean to them, remember they don't know they smell like that, they can't. Their sense of smell is broken.
Oh I was and will not be mean. I never said a word to them about the way they smelled. I just vaped away and hoped that no one in the doctors office thought the smell of cigarettes were from me.
Also my one friend tried my ecig and she said she really liked the taste and wants to get one. But I never pushed it on them,if they ask I explain.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

I have Maltese and they have hair like people vs fur. They all are going to have to be bathed (if it ever warms up some) or go to the groomer (if the warm doesn't come soon). They stink like cigarettes, too!! I have washed every darned thing I own that is washable in the last 3 weeks!!

Drago1919

Verified Member
My girlfriend and I went out drinking a couple weeks ago and she went outside to have a smoke with her friend. She had always taken drags off my smokes when we were out drinking but this was the first time she had smoked since I quit analogs six months ago. When she came back in I remember how terrible she smelled. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound like "one of those" ex-smokers, but I was surprised how bad it smelled. I had quit a couple years ago, not going to vaping, and I remember liking the smell of analogs... Struck me as strange that it was so different now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
On a break today at work, a woman mentioned she was about to start Chantix. She said to me, "Doesn't it bother you to sit out here with smokers on your break?", since I still hang in the smoker's tent (because I have to:( ). I told her it only bothered me that I go back inside smelling like a cigarette because I never knew how strong it was. Shortly after that, another co-worker asked me where he could get a set up. :)

Yes, it stinks, just can't bring myself to call it a "stinkie".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread