Never too late to change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
So a few weeks back I received a bottle of the PS Riskee Yuice that everyone raves about.

I had very high hopes for it but unfortunately it didn't do much for me. In fact, I couldn't stand it. It KILLED my throat...I mean, serious pain. Every time I inhaled, it felt like I was inhaling fiberglass.

So, I vaped it for a few days because I was out on the road and it was all I had (not going back to analogs), but I couldn't wait to get home because I had a bottle of e-smokeytreats Regular flavor waiting in my mailbox. When I got home and tried the new liquid it was like heaven. I put the bottle of Riskee on the shelf and chalked it up to experience.

Fast forward to 10 minutes ago....

Just for kicks I figured I would drip a few drops of Riskee on my atomizer to see if I liked it. Puff #1, not much vapor. Puff #2 nice thick vapor, but I was waiting for the fiberglass upon inhaling....so......gulp.......no scratchy feeling!!! Very smooth and delicious!!

Thinking that it must simply be a case of having other liquid in the cart to tame it, I quickly loaded up a fresh cartridge of straight Riskee and braced myself for the pain. Nope. Still smooth and the flavor was delish!!

What is going on here??!!

I have a theory. I think that the first time I tried Riskee, my throat was having a tough time with PG. It was a little sore to begin with from vaping (as a beginner) for a week prior, and I think the different formula in the Riskee was just too much for my throat to handle. Now that my throat is mostly accustomed to PG (it still gets a tiny bit sore now and then) I think it has a much easier time handling the Riskee. Only time will tell if I am truly Riskee resistant, but I hope so because I like the flavor enough to add it to my top 5 eliquids.

One thing I have noticed is that I like all my different flavors more if I keep switching it up. I tend to not feel the throat hit or enjoy the flavor of a single liquid if I vape it for too long....a few days most of the time. I have a whole bunch of different flavors at this point, and at night when I get home I tend to mix and match to keep it interesting.

e-smokeytreats Regular still holds the top spot though :)

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Any liquids that you hated at first but have learned to like after putting it away for awhile?

Vape on!

-Cal

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
I notice with ALL flavors that they vary.. Or rather, your taste buds react differently and they do so quite frequently. Any time I smoke a juice for three or five days straight it loses its flavor. If you switch from one juice to another I find that the original taste will not be an accurate sampling of the flavor. Sometimes a juice will have a lot of flavor, sometimes not, then it will come back again if you take four or six days off from it. Sometimes if the flavor you start with is not similar to the next one you try you will have a no flavor reaction... Its all about the mouth in my opinion, not "stuff" on the atomizer.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I have a theory about the changing flavours. Juice is an emulsion/mix of various flavours in PG, VG, water, alcohol, and maybe more. I think the 'wicking' has a slight separation of parts effect, as in chromatography. Evaporation will also play a part and those flavous that dissolve in alcohol will get a little more concentrated first, etc.

JeremyJames

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
I have noticed:

* Sometimes I can not even taste flavors at all
* Sometimes they taste disgusting while other times they taste amazing
* Sometimes I get little throat hit from a liquid and sometimes I get a significant

I think there is a lot of factors that come into play for me including:

*Beverages that I have been or am drinking my current hydration level in general
*How much I vaped on that paritucliar day
*Time of day
*Other flavors I have been vaping on that day
* What I have ate that day

As far as RISKY Yuice - Sometimes I enjoy it but the majority of the time it taste nasty for me or has little taste at all and for some reason it can usually cause me to gag if I am vaping it for an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread