New 3.5ml DCT Tank Cartomizer not working with Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I decided to try a tank setup for my Chuck, thinking the stainless MAP tank sounded great but wanted to try a tank first before laying out 50 bucks for something that might not work. Off I went to my local vape shop and got a 3.5ml DCT Tank Cartomizer. They will not screw into my 510 connector on Chuck, so I got a 510 to 510 extension. Nothing. The tank will not fire up at all with my Chuck, but works like a dream on a 5v box mod. What am I doing wrong? I use my Chuck with two UltraFire ICR 123A 3.7v batteries. Too much? Would really love to use the tank with Chuck!

Here are the specs:

Newest Smok Tech DCT Cartomizer.

Available in Clear and Smokey.

1.5 ohm +/- 0.20 ohm.

Holds approximately 3.5ml and 6.0ml of liquid.

Outstanding vapor - great flavor taste.

Threaded for any 510 power source.

Requires a minimum 450mAh power source.

Suitable for all 3.7 volt to 7 volt devices.

Contents:

1 - 3.5ml or 6ml Tank with one dual coil punched cartomizer

1 - Drip tip.

Extra pre-punched cartomizers sold separately.

These are specially made for tank mods with the new flanged bottom. The punched hole is very small but effective.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I have an 18650 in my Chuck, but jeez that gives a weak hit. I've been vaping at least 5V for a very long time and it's disappointing to kick it down a few notches. Can I use something other than a dual core atty with my tanks and would that make a difference so I could use my CR123s? Every time I graduate to a new component, it's a crash course in learning all over again. Good thing we're all around to share info, huh?

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
I have an 18650 in my Chuck, but jeez that gives a weak hit. I've been vaping at least 5V for a very long time and it's disappointing to kick it down a few notches. Can I use something other than a dual core atty with my tanks and would that make a difference so I could use my CR123s? Every time I graduate to a new component, it's a crash course in learning all over again. Good thing we're all around to share info, huh?
You can get 4.8V batts in 18650 size: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/216349-4-8v-18650-batts.html

That's what I use in my Chuck now, and it's great. Better than the 3.7V, lasts longer (and is less harsh) than 2 stacked 3V's. The only annoying thing is that the charger light stays red, doesn't turn green when the batt is charged. But 3 hours is enough to charge it, and it lasts longer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread