New 401 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
hey all,

Just got a starter kit of 401's (got an extra atty, so my wife and i each have one now)... After 4081's it's pretty different. All we've had up till now have been the super mini's (a bunch of em)...

Anyone got any tips as far as getting the most out of my 401's. So far i'm finding there's no such thing as a primer hit with them... not like the supers.
Also, i can still get a hell of a lot more vapor out of my superminis.. Is this normal?? I thought the 401 would be better at the vapor.

I've got the 4081's down to a science, but, i'm finding the 401's a whole other animal. That said, i'm REALLY liking the battery life (1 batt lasts me all day long), not like the SM's (i'd need a backup batt to get through the day). Also, cart life just beats down the 4081's,,, I'm amazed that i don't have to top it off 10 times a day like i'm used to...

So far, i'm thinking the superminis will be getting a break, b/c i really like the personality of the 401. the superminis remind me of a truck (heavy duty, but not much class), whereas the 401 would be a nice family sedan...

Loving the 401 kits so far...

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Hey all,

I have a question about my 401 batts that i've noticed. I had my 401 sitting by my laptop and realized that the blue LED WAS ON!!! just sitting there. It wasn't until I noticed that it was by the fan outlet and moved it that it shut off!!.. Atomizer is fine, but, do these work differently than other e-cig batts??? my 4081's i can blow on till i'm blue in the face (not my passthrough though, that does kick on if i blow on the e-cig), but they don't kick on w/ a battery, my 401, i give it a gentle blow, and the light kicks on with a little atomizer sizzle.

I learned to NOT LEAVE MY 401 sit next to my LAPTOP FAN!! or my 4081 passthrough for that matter... scared the crap out of me. I thought it was fried, i have no idea how long it was doing it for.. would the same thing happen if i got a USB passthrough for my 401? b/c, i could imagine it always being a possibility since i use it with my laptop... scary..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread