Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
This is a Video Tutorial to walk you thru the new 510 connector, How it adjusts and some other previously undisclosed features of it, how to cut an inverted V, Put Deoxit on your contacts and vape like a rockstar. Thank you Robert :)

direct youtube link: http://youtu.be/mHKviKQoXgQ

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Quick question super, what was that pen you used for the spring and the firing pin? Where can I get one and what does it do? Another question for the "new" sub ohm kits; do you still have to file and put nolax on them or has the "new" kit done away with that?

That is a deoxit gold pen - you can either get it direct from Caig or off amazon. NO - NO FILING on the gold plated BeCu contacts. Just a little deoxit gold about once a month when you dip down below an ohm in resistance. Above an ohm? Maybe twice a year. I also hit it with deoxit gold after a bath in the sink and I use it on my batteries about once a month too.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Does this mean it's out?! I get paid today and I really want to get a new reo :D

I dunno if their out. I think Rob said January 15th? I could be wrong - they may be out in new mods but retrofitting existing mods he said he would let us know when to send em in. Best not to bury him in PM's / Emails / Calls (so he can work) and let him tell us when they are out.

Fearalis

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
UT
I love that you are excited like a little kid on Christmas. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Which is why his video's got me to buy a reo in the first place with the RM2. Then I went out and bought 2 odins. Then I went out and bought the coil gizmo. Now i'm going to be buying a new SL/LP from Rob as soon as he says "All stock is ready with the new 510s."

Edit; Oh yeah, and i'm going to be buying KGD cotton, scissors for the KGD, a waterproof box for the KGD, tweezers specifically for wicking the KGD, more AW batteries, 28 & 29 wire, readyxwick to try out, and a deoxit gold pen.

Why do I even visit this forum anymore. There goes 100 more dollars.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great video :thumbs:

So the adjustable connector purpose is to adjust the threading not the center contact post?:unsure: You know how a new atty may not fire the first time and a adjustment to the center post of the atty will fix the problem....well this new connector isn't for that purpose right?

Gil, I stated wrong - It adjusts the contact - it turns in and out :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I kinda got me a little shout out :)
Not sure if I'm happy in the manner it was presented though.. :p
Great video - thanks for sharing all the new stuff :)

I meant to use your example with nothing but love. You rock. Thank you and you're welcome. :)

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Great vid Russ, hope Rob offers a retrofit because my Nuppin won't fire on either of my LP Grands anymore. I'm afraid I may have depressed the 510 just enough when playing with my Chalice III or some other topper which is a bummer. It works on other mech mods so I know the Nuppin fires, just doesn't make connection on my Reos anymore :-(.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Sweet looking Mod congrats! Really liking that new 510. Nice job on the tube and great vid!

Thanks Filthy. Your method to cut the feed tube is by far the best way. The new 510 that's Indestructible, infinitely adjustable (no orings required) and swapping hose with no tools / delrin cover inplace / no glue is off the chain.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Thanks Filthy. Your method to cut the feed tube is by far the best way. The new 510 that's Indestructible, infinitely adjustable (no orings required) and swapping hose with no tools / delrin cover inplace / no glue is off the chain.

I haven't read all the stuff about the new 510 - is it a custom job by Robert? Or is it 3rd party?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Gil, I stated wrong - It adjusts the contact - it turns in and out :)

phew.gif
Excellent! With my very first RM2 that didn't fire on the Tesla I tried to turn the contact of the connector. :facepalm::facepalm: That sent it to Rob's ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread