New 901 atomizer design always tastes burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

desync0

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hello,

My latest order of 901 atomziers has a new design, the bridge is pointier and is surrounded bye a metal ring, like a wash, with the hole just big enough for the bridge to poke out.

The draw is much easier and vapour production is great, but I have to keep it pretty much flooded or it taste like it's burnt, like the cart is dry.

Also there's a few loose fibers under the bridge but I don't have micro tweezers to get them out. All of them are like this.

Anyone else having trouble with the new 901 atomizers? Ohh and these are legit, AFAIK. The do have SLB and the serial # on the bottom.

smokinbob

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
yes!, I hate this new design.. Everything tastes burnt like the atty is dry, then you go to add some fluid and it only takes 1 or two drops until it's full and the burnt taste is gone, but comes back after a few puffs.
I have used 2 of these so far and they both do it, I'm sure the 2 others I have will be the same. With fruity flavors it does not happen as often, but with Ry4 it burns so easilly, I might as well just not use it anymore until they figure out this problem because it's horrible.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
When I got the "new design" 901 attys from Heavens Gifts I had a lot of problems with flooding and hard draw. I emailed HG and told them about it and they sent me 2 new ones...of course, they were the same design! Anyway, HG said they would talk to the manufacturer about it, but I've not ordered any more to see if they have improved.

Last edited:

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I noticed it, too. I actually like the idea of the metal ring, it seems to cut down on flooding. Even when dripping the liquid tends to go to the center. Flooding was always a problem I had with the 901 and I haven't experience it since I got the new 901 attys. I've been using a 510 cartridge modified with a plastic version of the ADM so I haven't noticed a dryness.

--Prof Daffy

Hardpack

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Reno, Nev.
I really liked the 901 so I ordered 30 atty's from Heavens Gifts. They sent me the new design. It just didn't produce enough vapor. I even started smoking an analog or two after not smoking for 3 months. I finally realized it was the new atty. I sent the 30 back and they gave me a refund. I'm now waiting for my 510 order. I'm done with the 901. New and improved just didn't make it.

jrjacobs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2009
SoCal
I had the opposite problem when I got my new type 901 atty. It didn't produce much vapor initially. It seems like these things need to be "broken in", as after a few days, mine starting working great, better than my 510's with vapor production, taste, and throat hit.

Once it started working well, I had the same problem as the rest, where it doesn't seem to wick the liquid out of the cartridge. I needed to constantly top it off to get it to work. I finally pulled out the cartridge filler material and cut it down so that it is not as thick in the cartridge - I maybe cut off a third of the material. Then I restuffed the cartridge and carefully filled it. Works great now and sucks the fluid to the bottom.

Try this and you will really like the new 901 atty - I am a hardcore 510 user and I am now a 901 convert. The taste and vapor is better with these new style 901's.

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
I had the opposite problem when I got my new type 901 atty. It didn't produce much vapor initially. It seems like these things need to be "broken in", as after a few days, mine starting working great, better than my 510's with vapor production, taste, and throat hit.

Once it started working well, I had the same problem as the rest, where it doesn't seem to wick the liquid out of the cartridge. I needed to constantly top it off to get it to work. I finally pulled out the cartridge filler material and cut it down so that it is not as thick in the cartridge - I maybe cut off a third of the material. Then I restuffed the cartridge and carefully filled it. Works great now and sucks the fluid to the bottom.

Try this and you will really like the new 901 atty - I am a hardcore 510 user and I am now a 901 convert. The taste and vapor is better with these new style 901's.
Ha, it's too early for me. What do you mean when say "cut it down so that it is not as thick in the cartridge"? :)

Löki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
I have been having some of the same trouble with my 901 atty's. Well all but 2 of them that is. I have 1 broken in atty that reads 10.02 ohm's it does not produce alot of vapor but tastes great. I have 2 broken in 901 attys that read 3.2 ohm's and 4 new 901 attys that also read 3.2 ohm's all the atty's but the 10.02 ohm one taste burnt and need to be topped off all the time. I also have one broken in atty that reads 4.5 ohm's and it makes crazy tons of vapor and never taste burnt.

So now I ask could the ohm reading's be a clue to the burnt taste with 901 attys? Or is it all about the wick?

On a side note the attys I'm talking about did not come from the same suppler.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I'm a 510 user now, but before I'd switched, my last batch of 901 atties was this newer style with the thinner, lower bridge and the metal "washer" in them. At first I didn't like them as much, but after a few uses, I found they actually worked better (and seemed to last longer). The only real problem I had with them is that any liquid I got on that metal shield/washer piece would run out of the vent hole. That was really annoying.

These new dse 901 Attys are a trip. I got two new ones just a week ago from heavengifts; one blue (bat n atty), one silver (dse905 kit).

The more I used the new blue atty that came in the less I wanted to even bother using my 3 old design attys, or even my new dse 905 kit. The vapor production was way better and it made this "crackling?" like sound, and no problems with any burnt taste until liquid was virtually gone from cart.

Tonight the weirdest thing happened with the dse 905 atty i got. I took a drag and it produced TONS of warm vapor! Seriously more than even a cigarette!8-o

I was just using it when my 901 bats died and needed a charge, but now I'm thinking the dse 905 atty is some kind of super model. I'm totally converted to this new atty!

It took at least 3 days for the dse 905 atty to "break in". At first it was barely usable; about 2/3 the vapor of a normal 901. Now when I use the atty that came with the 905 with a 901 battery it gets a burnt flavor very quickly. >< Before it broke in, it worked fine with 901 bats just like other attys.

Maybe people are getting attys designed to work with the dse 905?

Details:
------------
My old attys has "slb 909" on them; the DSE 905 atty has "slb 9k 18093" on it, and my new blue atty has "slb 910" on it.
I don't have a working mm anymore or id post resistances ><

jrjacobs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2009
SoCal
That mirrors my experience as well. My "new style" 901 (came with my 905) atty didn't work very well at all, but then got "broke in" after using it a few days. Now it produces tons of vapor, and has better taste than my 510's.

These new dse 901 Attys are a trip. I got two new ones just a week ago from heavengifts; one blue (bat n atty), one silver (dse905 kit).

The more I used the new blue atty that came in the less I wanted to even bother using my 3 old design attys, or even my new dse 905 kit. The vapor production was way better and it made this "crackling?" like sound, and no problems with any burnt taste until liquid was virtually gone from cart.

Tonight the weirdest thing happened with the dse 905 atty i got. I took a drag and it produced TONS of warm vapor! Seriously more than even a cigarette!8-o

I was just using it when my 901 bats died and needed a charge, but now I'm thinking the dse 905 atty is some kind of super model. I'm totally converted to this new atty!

It took at least 3 days for the dse 905 atty to "break in". At first it was barely usable; about 2/3 the vapor of a normal 901. Now when I use the atty that came with the 905 with a 901 battery it gets a burnt flavor very quickly. >< Before it broke in, it worked fine with 901 bats just like other attys.

Maybe people are getting attys designed to work with the dse 905?

Details:
------------
My old attys has "slb 909" on them; the DSE 905 atty has "slb 9k 18093" on it, and my new blue atty has "slb 910" on it.
I don't have a working mm anymore or id post resistances ><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread