New a Lawyer for a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris00711

Nov 20, 2016
So the company I work for offered medical insurance. Im going to use fake numbers but the point is still valid. So I choose the buy up plan for me and family. This plan cost me ex. 200$ out of every check. But when I get my first check im paying alot more. a little more than double. When I ask about it they show me a differant sheet with the plans that I have never seen before that are more expensive. And it says that the plan I choose is now more than 400$ a check...the original sheet we where given showed the same plan at 200$. We were never told about the change in cost until I asked about it. If I had known I would have gone with the base plan...now I feel like I was scammed or something. What can I do ? they said I cant change it atm either.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK what to tell you about this non related vaping question other than perhaps consulting a lawyer. If you have an EAP, many of them have attorneys connected to little and no cost (and they are separate from the company you work for.)

Unless they can produce your signed signature stating you allowed them to change your plan, I don't understand how they could possibly do so. I have had my health insurance carrier SWITCHED with no notice by the company until long after it happened, but the cost remained the same (although the health insurance company was rather awful compared to what I signed up for.)

IDK how they did that either health insurance is kind of weird. But a change in premium should have been discussed in some manner. l'm sorry this happened to you.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread