New Advice for a "High End" ecig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hi guys it has been a while =)
Soooo many new ecig ever since I have been gone...
Here is the thing my very first ecig was a 510 loved it
eventually died and I left the whole ecig thing =(
Started to some those cancer stick again beurk!
But I just got a Tornado... It good but really not that impress with it its just a 510 with a longer battery.

Now, I have seen a lot of those larger, "higher end" ecig
a lot of company makes some... Screwdriver, one from puresmoker's etc etc

I need your guys advise to what you guys consider the best one out there, I know its very sugestive but I just need you guys input =)
I trying to get one for 100-150 bucks

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
They are all basically just a 510, 901, 801, 808, etc. with a longer lasting battery. Some will run at a higher voltage though for shorter draws with a bit more vapor. Most of the "high end" models are just battery mods. Carlos' Juice Box is about the only one thats "different" but theres a LONG wait for them.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
They are all basically just a 510, 901, 801, 808, etc. with a longer lasting battery. Some will run at a higher voltage though for shorter draws with a bit more vapor. Most of the "high end" models are just battery mods. Carlos' Juice Box is about the only one thats "different" but theres a LONG wait for them.

So.... If I order a let say a prodigy from puresmoker...
It would be the same as my tornado? =(

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
No. The Prodigy I believe is a 5 volt device. If you like short quick "drags", you may like it. Personally, I find anything higher than a 3.7 volt battery to be a little "too much". A lot of people say 5v is the sweet spot for a 510 atty and prefer it. Some don't. In my previous post, I was simply stating that another 3.7 device wouldn't be very noticably different than the Tornado. You may very well find that the Prodigy is much better. If you decide 5v isn't for you, you could sell it pretty fast in the classifieds.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Gahau, if the battery on your tornado is good enough for you may I suggest some low resistance magnum atty's from nhaler as well as a drip tip. I've got that combo on my Tornado and I couldn't be happier. I too wanted a little more out of my Tornado in terms of vapor production and throat hit and I'm now in vaping heaven.

Last edited:

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
It doesn't get more "high end than this - a $1700 510.

web%20ft.jpg

Seriously though, there isn't any functional difference between a $20 box mod and a $200 fancy-pants mod. The expensive ones may look nicer and (hopefully) last longer, but at the end of the day, they're all just battery holders. You're still limited to the same dozen or so makes and models of atomizers, cartridges and juice.

That's not to say it's not worth getting something nice. Just don't think that paying more for a battery mod is going to drastically change your vaping experience. If you want to see what's out there, give this exhaustive list a look.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Gahau, if the battery on your tornado is good enough for you may I suggest some low resistance magnum atty's from nhaler as well as a drip tip. I've got that combo on my Tornado and I couldn't be happier. I too wanted a little more out of my Tornado in terms of vapor production and throat hit and I'm now in vaping heaven.

Good Advice! I didn't even think of that. The low resistance atty will vape like a 5v device on your Tornado battery. It's a good (Read: much cheaper) way to see if 5v will work good for you. I need to get a couple to try out as well. On my list for next week..lol

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Good Advice! I didn't even think of that. The low resistance atty will vape like a 5v device on your Tornado battery. It's a good (Read: much cheaper) way to see if 5v will work good for you. I need to get a couple to try out as well. On my list for next week..lol

Ok got 3 of those atty's
... Forgot the damn dip funnel lol
Oh well I don't dip =)
Hope it would still be good

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
A LR atty on a Tornado isn't quite at the same wattage of a true 5v with a standard 510 atty, it is on a true 3.7 device though. Here are the numbers from one of Drozd's post:

"Totally stock 510 is 2.3Ω at 3.1V = 4.2W (heat)

1.5Ω LR atty
3.1V(torneGo) =6.4W
3.7V=9.1W
5V=16.7W
6V=24W
7.4V=36.5W

Standard joye atty (2.3Ω)
3.7V=5.95w
5V=10.9w
6V=15.7w
7.4V=23.8w

4.5Ω HR atty
3.7V=3.04
5V=5.6w
6V=8w
7.4V=12.2w

You're shooting for between 8-10W (more and you'll get burnt taste starting to come through) "

That is why many people felt that 5v was the sweet spot it fell right at 10.9w on standard 510 atties, and this is also why most people that do go 6v or 7v will try to tone down wattage by adding in more resistance (HV atties). Go past 10v and you start getting a burnt taste.

Now with the availability of LR atties, 8-10w is achievable at true 3.7.

As for your question, in that price range, I'd look at Chucks, SB/BB for HV. And a GGS or SuperT Percise for 3.7v.

Happy Vaping!

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
A LR atty on a Tornado isn't quite at the same wattage of a true 5v with a standard 510 atty, it is on a true 3.7 device though. Here are the numbers from one of Drozd's post:

"Totally stock 510 is 2.3Ω at 3.1V = 4.2W (heat)

1.5Ω LR atty
3.1V(torneGo) =6.4W
3.7V=9.1W
5V=16.7W
6V=24W
7.4V=36.5W

Standard joye atty (2.3Ω)
3.7V=5.95w
5V=10.9w
6V=15.7w
7.4V=23.8w

4.5Ω HR atty
3.7V=3.04
5V=5.6w
6V=8w
7.4V=12.2w

You're shooting for between 8-10W (more and you'll get burnt taste starting to come through) "

That is why many people felt that 5v was the sweet spot it fell right at 10.9w on standard 510 atties, and this is also why most people that do go 6v or 7v will try to tone down wattage by adding in more resistance (HV atties). Go past 10v and you start getting a burnt taste.

Now with the availability of LR atties, 8-10w is achievable at true 3.7.

As for your question, in that price range, I'd look at Chucks, SB/BB for HV. And a GGS or SuperT Percise for 3.7v.

Happy Vaping!

Thanks cool
I have a electrical background... Should have done the math lol

Thanks

Wow the Super T Percise look sweet!
I wounder how the battery holds...

Last edited:

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
It doesn't get more "high end than this - a $1700 510.
Ahhh finally! Thanks for the link... I've been trying to remember where I saw that thing for like a week now.... :)

It was actually another site that had other ridiculously expensive e-cigs, but it had that one for sure.... talk about overpriced (and ugly I might add).

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Ahhh finally! Thanks for the link... I've been trying to remember where I saw that thing for like a week now.... :)

It was actually another site that had other ridiculously expensive e-cigs, but it had that one for sure.... talk about overpriced (and ugly I might add).

Trust me.. The bling on this ecig give you more TH and more vap! :D

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Thanks cool
I have a electrical background... Should have done the math lol

Thanks

Wow the Super T Percise look sweet!
I wounder how the battery holds...

Wow I got quoted...lol...that's cool..

As for the precise...it's a protected 10440 battery so the battery life won't be the best..I have a Super T Super6 that runs 3.7V on a 14500 battery that's a bit better..and the 1.5Ω atties are awesome on it..

What I would do (heck what I am doing) is to wait a little bit the new super T big battery mod should be coming out any time now..and that's what I'm betting will be probably the most versatile with longest battery life (as it'll have a true 4in1 atty adapter so you'll be able to use 510,801,901,or cartos all on 1 machined piece)..

I'd shoot for something that uses a 18650 for 3.7V,2x 3V AW CR123 LiFePo4 for 6V, or 2x 3.7V AW IMR CR123 for 7.4V..

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Wow I got quoted...lol...that's cool..

As for the precise...it's a protected 10440 battery so the battery life won't be the best..I have a Super T Super6 that runs 3.7V on a 14500 battery that's a bit better..and the 1.5Ω atties are awesome on it..

What I would do (heck what I am doing) is to wait a little bit the new super T big battery mod should be coming out any time now..and that's what I'm betting will be probably the most versatile with longest battery life (as it'll have a true 4in1 atty adapter so you'll be able to use 510,801,901,or cartos all on 1 machined piece)..

I'd shoot for something that uses a 18650 for 3.7V,2x 3V AW CR123 LiFePo4 for 6V, or 2x 3.7V AW IMR CR123 for 7.4V..

Cool thanks for the advice!
Thats the kind of info I wanted lol
It been a while since I looked over ecigs!
Well I will order the new super T big mod when it comes out =)
Crossing fingers so it will look as sleek as the presice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread