new and confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, apols if this pops up in the wrong place, I hav been lurking for a few days now, I had the urge to quit the fags once and for all this week and was overwhelmed with the choice. In the end I bought a V2 and I was initially very impressed, I am one week clear of analogues, but......
1: think I may have a slight issue with PG, leaves me a bit wheezy, I have read here that VG is an option, but not sure where to purchase VG cartridges and can I use them with my V2 or do I need a whole new kit?
2: The cartridges are lasting me five minutes! I am not a heavy vaper, but going through one a day which just seems crazy
3: My friend bought a cheap one with a mouthpiece, an elite I think and it so much more satisfying than my V2! I would like to get something with a mouthpiece rather than an imitation cig and dont want to spend too much, but the quality of the juice matters
4: I dont know where to start,can anyone help?

thanks!

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
There are way better and cheaper kits then the v2's. I posted these recommendations to another new guy:
Get this starter kit
BUT there is a small problem with this kit. The resistance of the atomizer heads is to high... So... go here and buy some spare 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0 ohms heads... youll need some eventually anyways.

And then browse some juices here. I suggest that you start with either 18 or 24 mg nicotine since you are a heavy smoker and 50/50 pg/vg ration. Get more than one flavor! Flavor will make or break your experience. Hopefully you fing one that you like right off the bat. But if you dont. keep trying some, there IS something for you out there.

That should set you up with a cheap but very solid starter kit.

Watch this video to know how to use this thing. Skip to 12 minutes if you wanna jump right into the action and don't bother about the recoiling section at the end... But hey! watch the whole thing, its Pbusardo! A vaping legend lol

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping.

Taltos

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
Hey fluffyclouds and welcome!

You came to the right place. blueangelzz already steered you in the right direction. You can find lots of starter kits that will have a eGo battery or 2 and some kind of clearomizer that holds and vaporizes the fluid. It will last a lot longer then what you are doing now.

I'm still a noob as well but some advice I have found useful in the last 6 weeks is try lots of flavors. You never know what you will like when vaping. I have found a few that I would not have even tried that were good. And what you like today, you may not be as excited about in a month or 2.

You can get some cheap starter kits for eGo style setups from FastTech. You have to wait a week or so for shipping but shipping worldwide is free. If you can't wait, start googling for you local vape shops. They'll love you business and you can likely sample juice flavors and help figure out what you like.

Good Luck!
Taltos

Anne99

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Virginia
I am pretty new and went with the Ego-twist, I am very happy with it. I recommend getting at least one sample of a dessert e-juice, a fruity e-juice and a traditional tobacco like e juice. That way you can try each out and see which kind of vape you most prefer. For me I tried cig-alikes first (that look exactly like cigs) and they were wa to harsh for me. The vape from the ego-twist was much more smooth and now I usually prefer no more than 50 pg in an e-juice. Good luck!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I don't know enough about your likes to give advice so will just tell you what I'm happy with.

Eroll to simulate the smoking experience. 24mg and high flavored liquid because its a clearo/tank system. The kit will give you 2 batteries, 3 tanks, 2 atomizers, one cone (atty cover), a PCC, a charger and wall block. Buy an extra cone for $2.00. Get my stuff two places (Litecigusa and Rocky Mountain Vapor)

Ego C upgrade for the vaping experience. Lower mg nic as chain vaping is likely. High flavor liquid if you go with clearos.. not necessary with cartos. A good kit will come with one battery, a box of 5 cartomizers (if that's your choice), a cone and a drip tip, charger, cable. I went with passthroughs and got my starter kit at Mr E Liquids.

Higher mg nic with the eroll is because you will most likely use it more like a smoke. Using anything that uses a drip tip tends to create chain vaping so keep the mgs lower. I use both of these all day. Chain vaping with the ego and picking up the eroll when I would normally smoke... and I use a good tobacco in it.

Welcome and happy vaping!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is what an eGo starter setup should look like: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3706-4-good-starters-setup-beginning-vapor.html

Here's is a picture dictionary of juice delivery devices that can go on the batteries: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3230-1-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

You need to learn to fill your own juice delivery devices. Then you can purchase bottled e-liquid from any juice vendor who does customized orders to suit your Vg needs.

Here are three vendors that I recommend that offer your choice of PG/VG ratios (including 100% vg), and also use all-natural, all-organic flavorings.

Dripeez https://natural-eliquid.com/store/index.php

Virgin Vapors Organically Flavored E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

VapeRite https://www.vaperite.com/

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Fluffyclouds :)

I'm also in the UK, so if there is anything I can help you with, please just shout :)

As others have said, you would do far better with something like an ego or Riva & refilling your cartomisers or clearomisers with eliquid.

Here is a good Riva kit from an excellent UK vendor (use discount code ECF10 for 10% off) -

Vape Escape Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit [VE151] - £34.95 : Vape Escape

You can buy VG e-liquid from here -

E-Juice - Paradise Vape UK _ Vape dont smoke

And here is a list of other good UK vendors with many discount codes -

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...-vendors-discount-codes?page=1&scrollTo=23191

I'm new too - good luck. I got an e-cig several years ago that looked like a cigarette and tried it for a SHORT time. That one didn't put out any vapor at all! So I went back to smoking my 2-3 packs a day. I am sick of smelling like smoke - especially my hair so I decided to give it a go again. This time I purchased a "FOOS" brand at the suggestion of the guy at the store I buy my cigarettes. It is a bit big - more like a small cigar but I can say that I am impressed with the vapor (especially compared to my last experience). It did take a full 8 hours to charge (and I don't like that it is a USB charger) but for another $20 I can get a converter to add so I can charge it in my cigarette lighter in the car. I initially bought the 24 mg Peach flavor - flavor was good but it hurt my lungs! I went back today and bought a second kit so I don't have to panic over the battery going dead on me and this time I got the 16 mg Clove flavor. I LOVE the Clove flavor! The "Foos" cigarettes do have a mouthpiece. The first kit had a small round mouthpiece. The second kit had the flat mouthpiece which I think I like better. Again the size/weight is a bit on the large side but that's probably just me comparing it to the size of a cigarette which I am accustomed to. So GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I have been smoking since I was 16 (I'm 57 now) so it is definitely time to quit. I have vein problems with my legs and am really afraid I am developing that Buerger's disease so wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread