new and would like a cheap batt mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvus

Verified Member
May 11, 2012
Camillus
Hello all. i'm new and right now i'm using just some kr808 batteries. I have seen all these videos with these guys getting great vape and talk about great battery life. So I'm looking for something that is cheap that can get me going. I would like to be able to try some other voltage but I don't think i need something like the provary. I am willing to change cartos, I don't have to stay with the 808s. cheep is the key thing here. what do you guys think?

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
If you haven't already found Madvapes, that's the first place I think of when it comes to cheap mods. A boxmod, a couple of batteries, and a charger will run you less than $50. You can probably throw in some atty's or carto's and still keep it under that amount. You don't say what voltage you're wanting but they have a number of regular boxes that'll run at 3.7 volts (actually 4.2 v fresh off the charger), a couple of 5v, and some variable volt boxes too. All are really reasonably priced.

Advanced Personal Vaporizers

If you're up for a little bit of electronics work they have kits that'll save you a few bucks, Mod Kits.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
The VariStack has a 2 amp limit, I vape at closer to 3 amps so it wouldn't work for me. It is cheap though. The Ovale doesn't list this critical spec so I'd be suspicious, perhaps contact the vendor and ask. The 2.5 amp limit kept me from ordering a Lavatube. They're supposed to be coming out with a new revision with a 4 amp limit. I'd be interested at that point.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com

Kazoo

Oct 15, 2011
San Antonio Texas
If your looking for Variable Voltage I would try out a Lavatube 3.0, It has run flawlessly with everything I've thrown at it and for the price, I'm a right happy camper. My IKV Cannon v2 1.8ohm atty runs great. 1.5ohm SmokTech DCT runs great. ALL OF IT! Just works!

iVape Electronic Cigarettes, Personal Vaporizers, E-cigarette Kits, E-liquids, Juices, Mods and accessories - all of your vaping needs shop online or at our location in Longs SC has them they call it the Varitube X. You want the one with a 4amp switch.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
As cheap as the new run of vv models are (LT, V8, Varistack, etc) as well as the old box mod standbys it simply doesn't make sense to buy a 3.7v mod anymore. So long as your not stuck on dual coils any of the above will work. More important than which pv you get is proper battery safety. Make sure you know all about it before purchasing

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Ego-C Twist would be a pretty good device, $30-$35 for a battery and charger... Variable Voltage, 510/ego threading so tons of choices for cartos/attys/tanks. Although it's a new device, Joyetech's reliability track record has been pretty good, and would be my first recommendation for any person who wants to jump to variable voltage.

I also picked up a Big Kazoo from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop, it's a pretty nice 5v regulated box mod for about $35, add some AW batteries and a good charger you'll probably be around 60-70 for a well built box mod... 5V is pretty much where I like my SR Boge cartos, so works really well, don't have to worry about voltage drop as it's a regulated mod.

Or there's always a lavatube... Good kit will run you around 70-80 for new higher amp unit, 50-60 for the original lower amp unit (works great for 2 ohm or higher devices, get the new one if you want to go lower then 2 ohms)... Or if you're willing to spend a little more, a buzz pro or infinity pro are great devices for the money....

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
the Ovale V8 Incremental looks like what i want. I also found a VariStack kit for $42 but it looks so cheap. has anyone tried the Ovale?

I was real impressed with the V8. The dual 18350 batteries will outlast my 18650 LT and the thing hits like a freight train even at low voltages. For 29.00 a guy can't go wrong. Here is a pic with the 5.5 ml Apollo tank. It is real easy to adjust voltage up or down with seperate up and down buttons.
IMG_1978.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread