The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

new and would like a cheap batt mod.

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by rayvus, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rayvus

rayvus Full Member Verified Member

May 11, 2012
    Camillus
    Hello all. i'm new and right now i'm using just some kr808 batteries. I have seen all these videos with these guys getting great vape and talk about great battery life. So I'm looking for something that is cheap that can get me going. I would like to be able to try some other voltage but I don't think i need something like the provary. I am willing to change cartos, I don't have to stay with the 808s. cheep is the key thing here. what do you guys think?

2. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    If you haven't already found Madvapes, that's the first place I think of when it comes to cheap mods. A boxmod, a couple of batteries, and a charger will run you less than $50. You can probably throw in some atty's or carto's and still keep it under that amount. You don't say what voltage you're wanting but they have a number of regular boxes that'll run at 3.7 volts (actually 4.2 v fresh off the charger), a couple of 5v, and some variable volt boxes too. All are really reasonably priced.

Advanced Personal Vaporizers

If you're up for a little bit of electronics work they have kits that'll save you a few bucks, Mod Kits.

3. rayvus

May 11, 2012
    Camillus
    That is what i needed thanks.

4. Wackyjak

Wackyjak Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Florida
    Hiya rayvus
    I would also look at the "gripper" from madvapes. Can't go wrong for the price and its IMO one of the coolest looking. Vapes great. Just watch out it needs long carts and a drip tip. I think the site tells you which carts. You might have to enter gripper in the search field, I had to.

5. V_Joe1981

V_Joe1981 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2011
    Eagan, MN.
    Hey rayvus,

There is always the bolt and you can find it at Crystal Clear Vaping. Shipping is free for everything there :). I think the tube APV is under $50 too.

6. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
  7. rayvus

May 11, 2012
    Camillus
    the Ovale V8 Incremental looks like what i want. I also found a VariStack kit for $42 but it looks so cheap. has anyone tried the Ovale?

8. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    The VariStack has a 2 amp limit, I vape at closer to 3 amps so it wouldn't work for me. It is cheap though. The Ovale doesn't list this critical spec so I'd be suspicious, perhaps contact the vendor and ask. The 2.5 amp limit kept me from ordering a Lavatube. They're supposed to be coming out with a new revision with a 4 amp limit. I'd be interested at that point.

9. BacsiBob

BacsiBob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Bethel, (SW) Ohio
  10. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I have one coming in the mail. I've heard good reports about it.

11. Kazoo

Kazoo Full Member

Oct 15, 2011
    San Antonio Texas
    If your looking for Variable Voltage I would try out a Lavatube 3.0, It has run flawlessly with everything I've thrown at it and for the price, I'm a right happy camper. My IKV Cannon v2 1.8ohm atty runs great. 1.5ohm SmokTech DCT runs great. ALL OF IT! Just works!

iVape Electronic Cigarettes, Personal Vaporizers, E-cigarette Kits, E-liquids, Juices, Mods and accessories - all of your vaping needs shop online or at our location in Longs SC has them they call it the Varitube X. You want the one with a 4amp switch.

12. Cowboy Cru

Cowboy Cru Moved On

Mar 24, 2012
    Yea, I have nothing bad to say about my Lavatube. For the money you cannot go wrong.

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

13. troncellot

troncellot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    North Carolina
    Gripper worked for me as well.

14. inanitydefined

inanitydefined Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

As cheap as the new run of vv models are (LT, V8, Varistack, etc) as well as the old box mod standbys it simply doesn't make sense to buy a 3.7v mod anymore. So long as your not stuck on dual coils any of the above will work. More important than which pv you get is proper battery safety. Make sure you know all about it before purchasing

15. HawkeyeCS

HawkeyeCS Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2012
    United States
    Ego-C Twist would be a pretty good device, $30-$35 for a battery and charger... Variable Voltage, 510/ego threading so tons of choices for cartos/attys/tanks. Although it's a new device, Joyetech's reliability track record has been pretty good, and would be my first recommendation for any person who wants to jump to variable voltage.

I also picked up a Big Kazoo from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop, it's a pretty nice 5v regulated box mod for about $35, add some AW batteries and a good charger you'll probably be around 60-70 for a well built box mod... 5V is pretty much where I like my SR Boge cartos, so works really well, don't have to worry about voltage drop as it's a regulated mod.

Or there's always a lavatube... Good kit will run you around 70-80 for new higher amp unit, 50-60 for the original lower amp unit (works great for 2 ohm or higher devices, get the new one if you want to go lower then 2 ohms)... Or if you're willing to spend a little more, a buzz pro or infinity pro are great devices for the money....

16. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I was real impressed with the V8. The dual 18350 batteries will outlast my 18650 LT and the thing hits like a freight train even at low voltages. For 29.00 a guy can't go wrong. Here is a pic with the 5.5 ml Apollo tank. It is real easy to adjust voltage up or down with seperate up and down buttons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.