New Aspire Cobble AIO POD device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Interesting...it looks like Aspire fully committed to pods instead of replaceable coils this time around. I was really hoping that Aspire would release the mythical nautilus AIO next but I guess I'll be waiting a while longer for that to happen (if it ever does). I wonder if these pods are rebuilable/rewickable? Looks like it would be tough to do based on the video but I'll have to wait and see.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
If you are willing to take the pod apart, I would like to see the disassembly. Like DrDC, I am also wondering how easy it would be to replace the wick and/or coil. It looks like there are tabs that hold the deck on. You might be able to pop off the deck by pushing the tabs. The Justfog and Voopoo pods disassemble that way.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That pic makes it look like a bunch of slippers with different liners. Just saying. One could interpret that as "warm and comfy" one could also interpret that as like, "I'm not putting that in my mouth."

I like seeing Aspire branch out and I know everyone was saying it might be the year of the squonker it looks like it may also be becoming the year of the pod, etc.

Since I refuse to purchase either item, I'm just letting my bank account recover for a bit, and not complaining. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: RoundedColt8

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I was really hoping that Aspire would release the mythical nautilus AIO next but I guess I'll be waiting a while longer for that to happen (if it ever does).
I want to believe.

Someone, somewhere said something about a September release. It has been seen in the wild, so it's real to that extent.

I must learn to let go.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
In the Dashvapes Youtube video, the reviewer said that the drip tip is not removable on the Nautilus AIO. That was sort of a let down for me since the removable drip tip was something that I really liked on the Breeze. I like being able to remove and clean it. Otherwise, the Nautilus AIO looked really good to me and I had been looking forward to it.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for reminding me about that. I'm trying to get into the habit of using alcohol wipes, which might take care of things. But yes - it's good to be able to keep things clean. I guess the tank section can be washed out - it's possible with the Spryte

Another video.

Interesting! I didn't realize that it wasn't draw activated. One of the dealer websites had it described incorrectly as draw activated or press button. I am also surprised that the body is all plastic. The body on the Breeze 1 is metal.

In the video, the guy says that you have to dump the tank to change the coils. Couldn't you just keep the tank inverted and change the coil without removing the liquid??

I agree with him that a rebuildable version would be great but very unlikely.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
When the Spryte isn't full, you can cover the mouthpiece and/or hold the tank horizontally and remove the coil with minimal spillage. If it's full, I guess you also risk flooding the (new) coil at the point of insertion - even if you manage not to spill. There's no chimney within the tank.

Looking at the video, it seems functionally similar to the Spryte - the tank has the same format.

And I agree there's little likelihood of a rebuildable version. That said, people do rebuild the BVC coils!

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Thanks for reminding me about that. I'm trying to get into the habit of using alcohol wipes, which might take care of things. But yes - it's good to be able to keep things clean. I guess the tank section can be washed out - it's possible with the Spryte

Another video.

Wow, it looks like the device is different than what I pictured too. I'm also a fan of the removable drip tip but it hasn't been a huge deal on my Spryte (when I decide to use it over the Breeze 2, that is). It would seem more logical that they would include both firing methods like the original Breeze though. Auto-draw isn't a big deal for me as long as there's a way to power the device off. After my first experience of being out in public and hearing my device start sizzling in my pocket, I find comfort in knowing that people around me won't think that I'm cooking bacon in my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread