New Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit - Their First Sqonk Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
See it here: Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit - Aspire® Official Site
1znvodk.jpg

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Good looking styling and Aspire doesn't built junk.

No USB port
Bypass only
Proprietary bottle

For all intents and purposes, that sounds like a CF mod in a box form with a squonk bottle. The Pico Squeeze does what this does for $20-ish.

I think I'll wait on the Vandy, Voopoo and Arctic Dolphin.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California

Looks good to me! Ordered one from Brad's. If I like it I'll probably grab another one. I've been wanting something to replace the pico squeeze on the lower end of my collection. Hopefully they sell the mod separately from the tank down the line. I might wait a bit for that just in case, if I buy a second. I'll never use that tank and I'd rather save a few bucks not having to purchase it with the mod.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Good looking styling and Aspire doesn't built junk.

No USB port
Bypass only
Proprietary bottle

For all intents and purposes, that sounds like a CF Mod in a box form with a squonk bottle. The Pico Squeeze does what this does for $20-ish.

I think I'll wait on the Vandy, Voopoo and Arctic Dolphin.
yes pass ... just because of the prices points, i just received my vapor storm do exactly the same but cost one third ....

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Saved from squonking again, as I see my first Aspire product and it just looks .... ugly. (JMHO as always). But man the shape! Although it's nice (I guess) to see aspire entering the squonk market and I almost would be interested.... If not for how it looks. And I am a die hard aspire fan.

Oh well, perhaps a bit away from now, I will want to squonk (and want Aspire's latest offering) but this one, not so much.

I hope it's an awesome squonker for those who do find it neat. Although I think I've programmed myself to hate on all squonkers since I am hating on Aspire's. :D

Anna

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
cfa9093a754346cc85cb4256754d7368.jpg

Just arrived from Brad's Vapor!

I threw a GR1 on it with a 24 g ni80, 2.5 mm coil @.44 ohm. The mod has some heft to it but fits really well in the hand. The button has a bit more throw to it than I am used to (I use a lot of mechs with short button throw) but it has a nice soft resistance with a subtle click that I think I will get used to quickly.

Love the bottle/carrier system! Though I am a big fan of mods like the hellfire venomX or moddog Pulsar that also use proprietary bottles. So long as I can buy a couple extras I'll be happy. The screw cap being part of the carrier tube makes it very straight forward to remove and reinsert the bottle for exact alignment every time. Nice design there.

The mod seems to be performing just fine and as expected per my build, and it looks and feels well built. Very solid. Only thing I would expect to fail on this thing would be the chip and that I won't know until it happens if ever.

My expectations for this one were for something I could use to replace my pico squeeze for use as a travel/beater mod. I think it will work well for that. I will probably buy another, but will wait for them to release it without the added cost of the tank it comes with. The cost will be more than a squeeze even without the tank, but then it is a better mod and that is what I was after - an upgraded beater.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
cfa9093a754346cc85cb4256754d7368.jpg

Just arrived from Brad's Vapor!

I threw a GR1 on it with a 24 g ni80, 2.5 mm coil @.44 ohm. The mod has some heft to it but fits really well in the hand. The button has a bit more throw to it than I am used to (I use a lot of mechs with short button throw) but it has a nice soft resistance with a subtle click that I think I will get used to quickly.

Love the bottle/carrier system! Though I am a big fan of mods like the hellfire venomX or moddog Pulsar that also use proprietary bottles. So long as I can buy a couple extras I'll be happy. The screw cap being part of the carrier tube makes it very straight forward to remove and reinsert the bottle for exact alignment every time. Nice design there.

The mod seems to be performing just fine and as expected per my build, and it looks and feels well built. Very solid. Only thing I would expect to fail on this thing would be the chip and that I won't know until it happens if ever.

My expectations for this one were for something I could use to replace my pico squeeze for use as a travel/beater mod. I think it will work well for that. I will probably buy another, but will wait for them to release it without the added cost of the tank it comes with. The cost will be more than a squeeze even without the tank, but then it is a better mod and that is what I was after - an upgraded beater.

I am curious if you would try the tank that comes with It..(since you own it)

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to whether WITH the tank it would be something good to recommend to a new or newer vaper who wouldn't be building their own coils...

Reactions: stols001

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I am curious if you would try the tank that comes with It..(since you own it)

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as to whether WITH the tank it would be something good to recommend to a new or newer vaper who wouldn't be building their own coils...

Honestly I would only recommend regulated mods to new vapers. I think it is crucial to be able to dial in wattage with a screen based device when figuring out what you would like. With this mod you are at the mercy of the coils that come with the tank, or you have to build yourself like with a mech.

As for the tank I believe you are stuck with the drip tip it comes with and that is also something a new vaper should experiment with to get the flavor and airflow they like. For me the bore is just too wide. Those disc coils require you to tip the mod in order to saturate them. That seems like it just invites frustration from a new vaper who may not understand fully how vaping works. I just think it is a bad design all around, which is why I left it in the box.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
How does it feel squonking with that metal tube inside the bottle??

Can you get a full press on the bottle or does the tube stop it?

I haven't felt the tube yet when I squonk and I've already run a full bottle through it. Not an issue for me.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Honestly I would only recommend regulated mods to new vapers. I think it is crucial to be able to dial in wattage with a screen based device when figuring out what you would like. With this mod you are at the mercy of the coils that come with the tank, or you have to build yourself like with a mech.

As for the tank I believe you are stuck with the drip tip it comes with and that is also something a new vaper should experiment with to get the flavor and airflow they like. For me the bore is just too wide. Those disc coils require you to tip the mod in order to saturate them. That seems like it just invites frustration from a new vaper who may not understand fully how vaping works. I just think it is a bad design all around, which is why I left it in the box.

Okay that makes sense.. thank you so much for the explanation..

I wasn't realizing this was a mech mod.. I guess I hadn't looked into it that deeply..

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
It has been a few days now and I've been running the Feedlink constantly and really have no complaints about it at all. Very impressed with it so far. Performs like a champ, no leaking or mess to deal with at the 510 or with the bottle system. The worst thing I can say about it is the threading on the battery cap wasn't the smoothest, but even that seems to be improving with every battery change.

If you like to build for mechs but enjoy a little added safety it really is a great device. It has definitely raised the bar somewhat on my lower end gear.

The GR1 is a superb rda as well and when combined with the feedlink makes for an excellent sub $100 setup that compares well with the best of my high end gear.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
It has been a few days now and I've been running the Feedlink constantly and really have no complaints about it at all. Very impressed with it so far. Performs like a champ, no leaking or mess to deal with at the 510 or with the bottle system. The worst thing I can say about it is the threading on the battery cap wasn't the smoothest, but even that seems to be improving with every battery change.

If you like to build for mechs but enjoy a little added safety it really is a great device. It has definitely raised the bar somewhat on my lower end gear.

The GR1 is a superb rda as well and when combined with the feedlink makes for an excellent sub $100 setup that compares well with the best of my high end gear.

Good to hear.

I couldn't resist and ordered the Black/Nightsky kit and black Recurve for a total of $61 from My Freedom Smokes with a $5 credit, Forth of July discount, and free shipping. Should be here today.

If it performs well it may replace my Hugo Squeezer as my drive-to-work mod.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Saved from squonking again, as I see my first Aspire product and it just looks .... ugly. (JMHO as always). But man the shape! Although it's nice (I guess) to see aspire entering the squonk market and I almost would be interested.... If not for how it looks. And I am a die hard aspire fan.

Oh well, perhaps a bit away from now, I will want to squonk (and want Aspire's latest offering) but this one, not so much.

I hope it's an awesome squonker for those who do find it neat. Although I think I've programmed myself to hate on all squonkers since I am hating on Aspire's. :D

Anna

Funny that I like the shape because it's not just a box. Not sure if Aspire intended it or not, but the Silver, Black/Blue, and Gunmetal/Chrome look very much like a pistol grip with the checkering on the panels and mod. The side panels are even attached exactly like the grips on a 1911 pistol (and others) with allen screws.

Having said that (and being a gun guy) I still bought the Nightsky version. :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread