New Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit - Their First Sqonk Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Got the Revvo and loving it. Built the Recurve with one of the supplied coils and it came out to .20-ohms. Already vaped an entire bottle of Kreed's Custard and refilled the bottle - on the same 18650 battery - so it seems much more efficient than my Pulse 80 that barely gets through a single fill before the battery dies.

Love the shape and weight, nice clicky button, hits hard, and the Recurve looks fantastic - though I wish the panels were more red than orange, but still looks sexy...and feels just like a pistol grip in hand. :thumbs:

I'm surprised this mod is not much more popular.

revvo.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Got the Revvo and loving it. Built the Recurve with one of the supplied coils and it came out to .20-ohms. Already vaped an entire bottle of Kreed's Custard and refilled the bottle - on the same 18650 battery - so it seems much more efficient than my Pulse 80 that barely gets through a single fill before the battery dies.

Love the shape and weight, nice clicky button, hits hard, and the Recurve looks fantastic - though I wish the panels were more red than orange, but still looks sexy...and feels just like a pistol grip in hand. :thumbs:

View attachment 753107
The proprietary bottle and filling system. It's not that the mod is not more popular,it is. The filling system and bottle is what turns most of us away from this device.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Well, I guess "popular", like much in vaping, is subjective. The Pulse 80 thread has 265 responses vs 24 in this one, and the Aspire is a better mod, IMO (the subjective part). Sure feels less popular.

Well I guess I am more unpopular. I went with the RSQ over the pulse 80. But out of the two( pulse, feedlink) I would prefer the pulse just because it's in box form.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California

View attachment 753107

My guess is they missed their target for mass adoption. They banked heavily on the feedlink/revvo kit thinking they'd scoop up a bunch of customers new to squonking. That market segment much prefers a fully regulated mod where they can dial in wattages easily and not have to worry about coils. That and the sketchy design and dependency on a proprietary coil for the revvo tank turned a bunch of people off.

The Feedlink is perfect for those of us who just wanted a good unregulated mod but we are a fairly small group. I love the ergos, simple aesthetic and flawless functionality, and I think the bottle system is one of the better designs produced so far, even when stacked against high end stuff. It would be perfect if only they offered spare bottles with caps.

This is where proprietary bottle systems really shine. Swapping bottles instead of refilling is where it's at. Vicious Ant Spade or any of the hellfire squonkers are great examples. Well worth it to spend the extra money on spare bottles, caps or carriers. I like not having to refill when I'm away from my house. Bottle swapping makes things so much easier with no mess.

I think a simple silicone cap would make the swapable bottle a reality for the feedlink. I'm on the hunt for something like that and if I can find it I'm going to buy another feedlink and use its bottle as a spare if aspire won't release any. Doing that with the pico squeeze 2 right now and it rocks.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well I guess I am more unpopular. I went with the RSQ over the pulse 80. But out of the two( pulse, feedlink) I would prefer the pulse just because it's in box form.

That's what's great about vaping - lots of choices.

I have 5 pulse mods, the same number of Reos, and a few other assorted squonkers - and they are all the same - square boxes (other than my Reo P67s). Still like them, but I wanted something different and the Feedlink scratches that itch - for $61 with the Recurve - so I am thrilled with the look, performance, and value.

Different strokes :)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Well, I guess "popular", like much in vaping, is subjective. The Pulse 80 thread has 265 responses vs 24 in this one, and the Aspire is a better mod, IMO (the subjective part). Sure feels less popular.
I kind of agree with @t8kiteasy

I love the looks of the Aspire, but having another (different) proprietary bottle system was what turned me off from it. Same thing with the Luxotic. I love the looks of both of them, but with so many other squonkers with 'standard' bottle systems, regulated, etc being released lately, it kind of took the attention away from these two for me.

Granted, I still picked up the Squeeze2, and just ordered a Basium, but the Basium will still take standard bottles that fit at least.

Honestly though, not sure why this proprietary bottle stuff bothers me so much. The bottle(s) will probably outlive the useful life of the mod. I guess I just hate feeling like I have to source a backup bottle or two for specific devices if I like them. And most of the time, the backup bottles have to be ordered from China.

Glad you are liking it. I may still pick up a Luxotic and this one at some point.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

Honestly though, not sure why this proprietary bottle stuff bothers me so much. The bottle(s) will probably outlive the useful life of the mod. I guess I just hate feeling like I have to source a backup bottle or two for specific devices if I like them. And most of the time, the backup bottles have to be ordered from China.

Glad you are liking it. I may still pick up a Luxotic and this one at some point.

It's funny you should say this. I started a post recently asking folks if they had ever used a bottle until it ceased to function, and the overwhelming majority of the responses were "no".

Personally, I have never broken a bottle on any of my squonkers and have been using some of them for years - which of course didn't stop me from buying waaaaaay too many spares. I must have at least 50 assorted spare bottles that I will likely never use.

Of course, I did order a couple for the Aspire, and based on my experience I agree that those will probably outlive the mod.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It's funny you should say this. I started a post recently asking folks if they had ever used a bottle until it ceased to function, and the overwhelming majority of the responses were "no".

Personally, I have never broken a bottle on any of my squonkers and have been using some of them for years - which of course didn't stop me from buying waaaaaay too many spares. I must have at least 50 assorted spare bottles that I will likely never use.

Of course, I did order a couple for the Aspire, and based on my experience I agree that those will probably outlive the mod.
Yeah, for some reason I can't stop buying spare bottles. For the Pulse, I have over two dozen spare bottles. Granted I have eight spare mods, but come on. The bottle will probably outlive the device.

Good thing is though, I like the Pulse bottles and they will fit in other mods I have. :)

I will NOT have a squonk mod that I don't have at least one spare bottle for, lol. That's another reason proprietary bottles bug me I guess.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Just got one of these (silver/sunset red, mod only + spare bottle and carrier). Fits nice in the hand and feels solid (weight is similar to my Furyan). Button works great in my opinion, though the LEDs do go out quickly on release. Was a bit worried about the cap to the battery compartment but it is no longer the screw in/out affair I saw in reviews but a tabbed push-in, turn 45 degrees cap to lock system (similar to the bottle insertion), and is fast and easy.

Squonking is a bit odd --- a slow push moves fluid up as usual, but a little extra force introduces air and gives more of a splurge. Either way, the bottle has some firmness and pulls back excess very well.

Definitely happy with this purchase and would buy again --- and might have to, since I'm loaning this to a friend tomorrow (the pico squeeze I gave her leaks badly around the 510).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread