New Aspire Nautilus AIO vaping device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Nice! I've been waiting to give this a shot. Just out of curiosity, does the release mechanism for the pod still have the plastic clips like the Breeze 2? I've enjoyed my two Breeze 2's, but the clips have broken on both even though I am very careful when I remove or insert the pod. Either way, looks interesting enough to try it out anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Havent seen the vid yet. But isnt it just a spryte with a bigger battery or am i missing something?
As far as performance goes I think you're right. The standard BVC and the Nautilus BVC, while not interchangeable, are the same coils in different casings.
IMO Aspire is getting sooooo close to the perfect pod with both this product and the Spryte! The only thing missing is variable power.
The 12 watt output of both this system and the Spryte seems to me to be really pushing the limits of the 1.8 ohm coil. I guess they're geared more toward the new 1.2 ohm version of these coils?

Last edited:

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Well, I eagerly checked the mail this afternoon and picked up my new unit, powered it on and...dead. The battery charges fully but the power button is totally unresponsive. The build quality overall is pretty cheap and doesn't feel like something that's going to hold up very well compared to the Breeze and Breeze 2. I hope that this is just an isolated incident (first Aspire device that has ever really had issues out of the box) and not a trend. I guess I'll see if I can manage a return and give one more a shot before my final judgement but I'm pretty disappointed in what I've seen so far.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
As far as performance goes I think you're right. The standard BVC and the Nautilus BVC, while not interchangeable, are the same coils in different casings.
IMO Aspire is getting sooooo close to the perfect pod with both this product and the Spryte! The only thing missing is variable power.
The 12 watt output of both this system and the Spryte seems to me to be really pushing the limits of the 1.8 ohm coil. I guess they're geared more toward the new 1.2 ohm version of these coils?
Yes, I'm enjoying mine, but it's pretty warm @ 12 watts. I'm wary of trying a 1.6, since I think it might be pushed a bit too hard. I burned out a 1.6 in the Spryte (also 12 watts), so I guess it's something to look out for.

Still, I appreciate the airflow control and like being able to have a reasonably tight draw - even if it is a tad risky.

Maybe 8 or 9 watts for V2?

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Yes, I'm enjoying mine, but it's pretty warm @ 12 watts. I'm wary of trying a 1.6, since I think it might be pushed a bit too hard. I burned out a 1.6 in the Spryte (also 12 watts), so I guess it's something to look out for.

Still, I appreciate the airflow control and like being able to have a reasonably tight draw - even if it is a tad risky.

Maybe 8 or 9 watts for V2?
Yeah I'm running the 1.8 Spryte type coil in a some old Aspire clearos on evod and ego batts. At the equivalent of 6.8 Watts they get as hot as I want to push. Tried on one of my Vamo VV/VW box mods. They only go down to 7 in Watts mode, tasted burnt had to switch to VV mode to get it lower.
I like the idea of the AFC but my old clearos have near perfect tight MTL draw for me.
I've decided to pass on the pods until some maker adds some form of simple power adjustment to them.
Aspire are you listening?

Until then I've ordered a Dvarw V2 MTL RTA clone to try on my Vamo boxes.

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I really wish a device which have a
appearance like Spryte and it has removable small battery such as 18350 or even 20350.
And if it has variable voltage function? Yeah, it will awesome.
By the way, if it has a flat shape at the bottom, I really hate the angle cut out edge at the bottom of Spryte.

Do I have greed? :p:p:p:p:p

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
That should work. Give it as much time to dry as it needs
There is two coils. Why 1.2 ohm is for nic salt? I have exp that 1.8 ohm is tasty for nic salt. Maybe for high VG?
Hi - I may be mistaken, but I think the 1.2 ohm coil is for the Spryte. The nic salts thing doesn't really matter. I'm using the new 1.8 ohm "nic salts" coil in my mini Nautilus with normal e-liquid and it's fine.

The new 1.8 ohm coil has bigger wicking holes and may cope with slightly thicker liquids - as you suggest.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I thought there were two 1.8 coils and the one for nic salts had smaller airholes, that's how Aspire Tina explained it anyway. My guess is, it's a way to restrict the vape in order tor reduce vapor output for high nic salts. But that is a guess.

Also I entirely agree that you can vape nic salts in any device using ANY coil, provided the nic salts are at the right STRENGTH. The current marketing for nic salts is for ultra high juices, hence all the 'special" equipment and marketing and whatnot. But you can vape sub0hm using 3 mg/ml or 6 mg/ml nicsalts if you so DESIRE. The key is to not get nic overload HOWEVER you accomplish that. But there is NO special coil, equipment etc that is going to BLOW UP if you vape nic salts in it. It simply doesn't work that way.

But, this is the current craze, I've actually lost sight of how many times I have typed this spiel out, I should save it or something. LOL.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread