New at vaping..not sure if it will go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
Went to a Rocky Horror Picture Show and talked to a guy who had been vaping for almost a year. He had a cigalike as to not draw attention, but kept "ashing" it like it was a smoke. I felt the same way using my NJoys the first couple weeks, but as soon as I stepped up to something larger it went away.
Just one of those annoying subconscious things your brain enjoys doing.

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had some of the same issues, though I must say I've never tried to tap my PV out the window lol. I've had strong urges to take a cig out of the box and put flame to it. It's just our mind playing tricks on us. Today I was taking out the garbage and the sack in my bedroom still had ashes in it, the smell hit me like a ton of bricks and realized I don't miss that at all. I also deep cleaned my car today. Got all the tar off the windows and ash off the floors and dash. I must say that I do love how clean the PV's are.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I still have a fleeting "Did I remember my smokes?" thought before I leave the house. And when I am vaping outside I still cup my hand around my eVod like I am trying to light it in the wind.

So many mindless habits associated with smoking, no wonder it's nearly impossible to quit! (without vaping, anyway :))

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
maybe it had something to do with starting out with a bigger (Vamo 2) mod, or possibly with smoking outside all the time, but I didn't go thru any of these things. Maybe I just drop old habits easy.

Same here for the most part, though for the first month or so I did keep sticking my Zippo in my pocket before I left the house....despite the fact that there was no longer any fluid in it....

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Just try to find the best device and best flavor out there that gives you so great an experience you can't put it down - I find that chocolate vapes, if I can get them to work, are what somehow gives me that comfortable "ah, this what smoking should be." experience. The tobacco liquids just tend to taste awful to me. Fruits seem to have a habit of being really starchy and sour. The horrid thing is that not many vendors really associate much with chocolate liquids, and chocolate liquids will immediately ruin a coil if everything's not in tip-top condition for the juice, coil, and wicking.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
For the first couple of months, I would occasionally feel like I might have a cigarette lit somewhere. And, when I reached for a cigarette/vape, I would have to stop and think. I knew it didn't look like a pack of cigarettes. But, I had to think for several seconds to remember what it did look like.

So much of smoking was unconscious. Eventually, vaping came to be that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread