New Attys, terrible taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Just received 5 new 510 attys from myPVshop and am getting a terrible taste from all 5. I'll give all the details, hope somebody can help.

Three of the attys I blew out the primer liquid, then did a number of dry burns to burn off the remainder. Then I primed the atty with a few (usually two) drops of juice directly on to the bridge. Allowed to soak for 20 minutes, two more 1-sec burns, and started vaping with a full cartridge. TERRIBLE flavor, even after 5 minutes of solid vaping. I can't really describe the flavor, but definitely not the waffle flavor that I had with my old atty, much more of a chemically burnt flavor.

The other two attys I just blew out the primer liquid, no dry burns, two drops on the bridge, one or two quick 1-sec burns, then started vaping. Got a few good hits, then the same terrible taste.

I ran steaming hot water through all 5 attys for about 10 seconds in two intervals for each, then allowed to dry overnight. Two more drops on the bridge for each, same result.

Two things that I've done new with these attys, possible causes-
1. Switched from a rich vanilla PG formula to a much more subtle waffle VG formula.
2. Switched from the poly-cotton (standard) blend filler to the blue foam from strictlyejuice.com

I'm really worried that I could have a batch of bad attys, as I won't have any cash for new ones for another week. Hope the community can help.
Cheers.

edit: it's also a much harder draw now, but I think that's because I'm using a full size piece of the blue foam, I'll cut that in half when I get back to my house and see if it helps

Last edited:

N00bx7

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
The first thing I would check is to make sure the wicking under the bridge isn't burning or possibly the blue foam. Also when I get a bad flavor I can't get out I boil it out blow out the water dry burn the add three dropstake a small pull to determine if u need more then add 2-3 drops. I drip though gave up on carts long ago.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Update:
3/5 attys are working allright now, after another hot water rinse and all night dry. I cut the blue foam filters in half and pushed them down into the cart so that they wouldn't actually touch the bridge, and am back to a nice flavor. Two of the attys continue to give off a bad flavor, and even with the drip method, so I'll assume that those attys have a burning wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread