Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Has anyone seen or seen any kind of review of the *NEW* AW IMR 18650 2200 Mah batteries? I see RTD has them listed on his site but they're out of stock. Supposed to be a max continuous discharge of 20 Amps. I'm due for a complete overhaul of my battery stock and have just been putting it off time and again. I know the AW 2000 mah are inferior to the 1600's in my mechanical Grands but I guess I'll wait a little longer and see if these new batteries might be a better choice still. Anyone have any info or knowledge of them?

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Well, I hope Andrew sent a few over the HJK to review/chart over in the candle power forums. If they're anything like other AW's, they are accurately spec'd with zero exaggerations.

I wonder how they fair length-wise? They are listed as IMR and not one of the newer hybrid chemistries we are seeing in the LG and Samsung's, which from what I gather higher mAh of regular IMR can sometimes simply mean slightly physically larger. (longer/fatter) I could be mistaken though.

@bushmaster, if it helps any I recently ordered a pair button top Samsung 25R's to try them out, and can wholeheartedly recommend them. They fit perfectly fine in the Grand, have no sag/voltage drop, and burn super long from 4.2V - 3.7V. They handle my .3Ω - .6Ω builds like a champ, staying cool to the touch. I liked them enough to go ahead and commit to ordering another half dozen. These little sky-blue batteries are what will be powering my Grands for the next year. (replacing aging AW 1600 and Sony VTC)

Cheers

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Just clicked back through the RTD site and the new 18650's are now in stock! That puts the pressure on. Must resist........

Sure wish Randy listed battery length in the "specifications".
Not that I was gonna buy any right now, you understand. I was just curious or something, I guess.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Are you guys using flat top or button top batteries in your grands? I ordered the button tops, but they dont like to stay in place. Also, are the sony better than the aw?

Personally, I prefer button tops. I like the shorter switch throw better. I stopped using the VTC5s, and have been using AW1600s and purple Efest 2100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread