New battery tech - better, safer, faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Charge 60X Faster. No Amp Limit on Discharge. Significantly More Capacity.

"The Candle that Burns Twice as Bright Shines Half as Long." Maybe the Lifespan of the Cycles is the Downside?

Or Maybe the Lifespan is the Same and they're going to hand-out a Bunch of these...

220px-Nobel_Prize.png

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
If it's true China and Chile will be ......
Because of rare-materials, or new plants in new locations?

Yeah.

There's so much need for this stuff, like for capacitance on the grid itself, that many countries should have "modern battery tech", really. Everyone will need it.

But you know what they say, the love of money (and patents) is the root of all evil.........

Everyone that can will try and lock this up.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
There's so much need for this stuff, like for capacitance on the grid itself, that many countries should have "modern battery tech", really.
There is a 189 megawatt hour Tesla battery plant in South Australia that stores power from renewables and releases it when needed. Big success and more planned in other parts of the country. Meanwhile our head-in-the-sand government is building gas fired power at tax payer expense.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
If I had money, I'd buy stock. (Not a recommendation, an observation).
They're just getting started. Support the Aussies.
Graphene Aluminium-Ion Battery Progress Update
GMG’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Craig Nicol, stated: “More than 80 incoming requests from across the globe have been received by the Company from organizations seeking to explore potential applications in electric consumer vehicles, high-performance cars, heavy duty vehicles, motor bikes, air transport, personal appliances such as laptop computers and phones, grid-connected storage, and others.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That jet fuel thing was sickening. Electric motors FTW! Maybe we'll just have to go slower. Amazon = 2 days, etc.

NASA/etc. getting involved in the air-traffic problem is a good thing too. Automate it.

We might Not ever get to 737 and Larger Electric Planes. Because it may take Battery Weights that Equal the Weight of Passengers/Cargo.

But think if Battery Energy Density could increase to the point of a 55' Semi's being Hybrid or All Electric? Or a personal car that had a 700 Mile range?

• Optimistic
Reactions: AttyPops

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
I think that's why Musk was working on high-speed tunnels and such. Now he's short distance, but it could be the next "railway" type of thing. Planes are 500-ish mph. But if they "go wide" with the new-rail/cargo, there's no reason to fly at all that I can think of. People, sure, but meh, let em go 300 mph.

Anyway, getting kind of off topic for e-cigs. This tech is really really cool. I know several companies are working on it, but this one managed to pack more into it by "punching holes" better in the graphene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread