Status
Not open for further replies.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Sounds like a protected Li-Co (Li-ion). Using a Li-Co is not an issue as long as you stay well within the cells perfomance ratings & if unprotected not to over discharge. Higher capacity is doesn't affect the physical size as much as the manufactuer of the protected circuit of the cell. REOs were designed to use AW IMRs. Li-Mn cells are safe chemistry so they normally don't require a protection circuit. Since the REO was designed around these batteries, a protected cell would be a bit long & compress the spring more. But that's fine as the protection circuit should protect shorts rather than relying on the spring. I would just use an IMR, better performance.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
you might or might not trust the internal protection it may or may not work plus it may or may not like a low ohm coil who knows the AW IMR batts work so why not use them one AW IMR costs less than a pack of cigs and lasts way longer so why not use the correct batts ?

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That might do in a pinch, but I'd get AW IMR 1600mAh batteries for long term. That's what the modmaker meant to be used, and they give the best fit and overall performance.

I use the AW IMR 18650 3.7v 2000mAh with no issues so far.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread