New Blu Forum in Suppliers' Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
York, PA
It's a neat little pv. Love the price of replacement parts (if you can ever get them).

Hate Hate Hate the foil over the cart. I pulled the cart off today (wasn't getting a nice hit) and there was a big piece of foil stuck to the bridge - terrible design flaw.

Ordered another 510 kit last night from VaporGuys. The 510 is definitely better for me.

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
...detailed review...
Thank you so much for posting your review and images.

I've had my Blu order in for a couple of weeks, only because it's such an inexpensive introduction to the world of vaping.

Having smoked a pack a day for over half my life now, my biggest question has been "What the hell do they taste like?". All I've found (until today) are the spammers... er... "affiliates" who respond to every criticism or question with "It's awesome! Don't forget to click my link to buy one for yourself! :)"

I apologize if this seems incredibly basic, but can you tell me if the 510 carts will work properly on a Blu?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK

I've had my Blu order in for a couple of weeks, only because it's such an inexpensive introduction to the world of vaping.

Having smoked a pack a day for over half my life now, my biggest question has been "What the hell do they taste like?". All I've found (until today) are the spammers... er... "affiliates" who respond to every criticism or question with "It's awesome! Don't forget to click my link to buy one for yourself! :)"

I apologize if this seems incredibly basic, but can you tell me if the 510 carts will work properly on a Blu?

Yes you really have to be careful of the spammers.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels

Honestly, the starter set costs about the same as a carton of smokes, nowadays. It certainly isn't the best out there... not by far, but I do firmly believe that it really is a good intro.

Truly - if you're more than a pack a day smoker - it's going to be a few weeks before you can really discern flavors. At first... they taste sorta bland. Then - pleasant. Sort of tobacco-ish but w/o the burning flavor... so nothing really tastes like a cigarette. The flavors are nice tho.

nope - nor do DSE103's or 8084's... I'm still looking for a blank that will work.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Do notice that this new forum has been created, thus saving peeps from the labour of posting awkward explanations.

Best

C.

From what I have read in other posts by the Mods, Blu are not a subscribing supplier but now have been given their own forum. I have to ask what is going on as I was led to believe suppliers pay a monthly subscription?? I ask this openly so that a reply may be read by all - I cannot quote replies to PMs.
John C.

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
I understand, and this is my point... They are getting as much advertising as any of the paying suppliers. What could have worked better is to put it in the supplier subforum, not the supporting supplier subforum. Seems shifty to me personally. I know there was no harm intended, but it still comes across as odd.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
If you know there was no harm intended, how does it seem shifty? Those phrases are mutually exclusive.

You know better, Dusty...This is something that had to be done and it had to be done quickly. We're still in the process of trying to sort out what to do with all of this and the more people have a cry about it, the more time we have to spend trying to explain it which adds up to less time we get to spend sorting it out.

Being a former mod, I would expect juuuust a bit more understanding of things.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
No, that sounds wrong.

I mean...you know...since the supplier isn't really here to answer any questions, make note of any specials or, really, do anything at all.

Think of the Blu forum as a place to put the Blu threads until something better can be figured out.

And you don't think the supplier is actually here in any shape or form? :rolleyes:

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Impossible to act in that capacity, maybe. Do you realize though that they accomplished a goal here with all of the spam? They have front page access now, which most have to pay for.

Heard the quote "You can't buy this kind of publicity?" Similar, but in this case they should be buying it.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have no conclusive evidence, no. Do I have some suspicion that some of the people that post in here are people that work for Blu? Sure I do.

Until there's proof, though, it's impossible to act.

Yes I can understand that....therein lies the problem, it's disheartening and disappointing because I can't see how anything can be done about it.:(

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Impossible to act in that capacity, maybe. Do you realize though that they accomplished a goal here with all of the spam? They have front page access now, which most have to pay for.

Heard the quote "You can't buy this kind of publicity?" Similar, but in this case they should be buying it.

Yes I can understand that....therein lies the problem, it's disheartening and disappointing because I can't see how anything can be done about it.:(

These posts are perfectly ordered.

So, Dusty, If you have a suggestion as to how this issue can be remedied (which you apparently do) how about PM'ing it to SJ. I know he knows you and has a lot of respect for you, why not give him a hand and help figure out a way to deal with the situation?

I'm more than sure he'd appreciate it.

enrogae

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Alabama
Willowsong -- the m401 carts will fit on the Blu. You can order blanks for the m401 from Ruyan direct (Heaven Gifts) among other places. Vaporstix sells the m401 and is a US vendor (both are supporting suppliers here). I'm not sure if Travis at Vaporstix has the 401 carts yet though.

Also about the suspicions...I can understand the leery view a lot of veterans have. It can certainly seem that there are a lot of Blu employees here. Also try to understand that Blu had some crazy advertising going on and a lot of people found out about e-cigs in general as a result of that advertising (including me). They may have some shady people on here, but I would venture that the majority are just new users excited about e-cigs for the first time. In a way, it actually benefits the other suppliers. As a result of stumbling upon a Blu ad and beginning my investigations into all things e-cig, I have now ordered lots of stuff from Travis at vaporstix.com, lots of stuff from Ruyan and now, as a result of Terraphon's review, a 510 starter kit from e-smokey treats. If I hadn't found Blu, I might not have found out about e-cigs for a long time....so, in a way, it's because of Blu that I've spent so much money with some of the other suppliers around here. :)

I don't discount the possibility of spammers/people working for Blu... but there are also just a lot of new people too. Because of that, I think it was very understanding and gracious of SJ to give people interested in the Blu a forum to talk about it. It might have been better placed in the Specific Model Review subforum... but at least there is a place for it. I am thankful to SJ for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread