New Blu Forum in Suppliers' Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
Willowsong -- the m401 carts will fit on the Blu. You can order blanks for the m401 from Ruyan direct (Heaven Gifts) among other places. Vaporstix sells the m401 and is a US vendor (both are supporting suppliers here). I'm not sure if Travis at Vaporstix has the 401 carts yet though.

I've fallen in love with Eastmall. I'll wait the extra time, and if the prices were higher I would pay them. Their service is simply unmatched in my book. If they have it - that's where my money will go.

But thanks for the tip. Even though I'll probably retire my Blus as emergency gear, I would like to have some empties on hand with caps. If I feel that urge for an analog - that's where I'll go.
Also about the suspicions...I can understand the leery view a lot of veterans have. It can certainly seem that there are a lot of Blu employees here. Also try to understand that Blu had some crazy advertising going on and a lot of people found out about e-cigs in general as a result of that advertising (including me). They may have some shady people on here, but I would venture that the majority are just new users excited about e-cigs for the first time. In a way, it actually benefits the other suppliers. As a result of stumbling upon a Blu ad and beginning my investigations into all things e-cig, I have now ordered lots of stuff from Travis at vaporstix.com, lots of stuff from Ruyan and now, as a result of Terraphon's review, a 510 starter kit from e-smokey treats. If I hadn't found Blu, I might not have found out about e-cigs for a long time....so, in a way, it's because of Blu that I've spent so much money with some of the other suppliers around here. :)

I don't discount the possibility of spammers/people working for Blu... but there are also just a lot of new people too. Because of that, I think it was very understanding and gracious of SJ to give people interested in the Blu a forum to talk about it. It might have been better placed in the Specific Model Review subforum... but at least there is a place for it. I am thankful to SJ for that.

I really doubt that there are Blu employees here. Affiliates? Possibly. Troublemakers? Definitely. I still hate being lumped in with them and I'm certain people still view me that way. It's not going to stop me from helping out newbies or answering questions. More voices can only help us.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
With the number of posts you've made and the intelligent debates you've been involved in, I doubt many here still feel that way about you. :)

I'm also in the same boat with you about retiring my Blu's as emergency gear. They just don't stack up to the 401, and hopefully not to the 510 I'm about to get either.

Aw shucks.... I've spent a lot of time blushing tonight!:oops:

You'll retire that 401 too.... the 510 is amazing. I still love my blu... I'd have NEVER have known about PV's if not for it... so like other "firsts" I'll always be sappy about it and still feel like it's a solid intro to vaping.

SS109

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Marana, AZ - USA
I really doubt that there are Blu employees here. Affiliates? Possibly. Troublemakers? Definitely. I still hate being lumped in with them and I'm certain people still view me that way. It's not going to stop me from helping out newbies or answering questions.
Exactly. I was lumped into that same group as well and treated as such. If I am one of the troublemakers it is only due to being accused of being a spammer and the resulting treatment. Nothing more.

BTW, I'm not an employee, affiliate, or anything. Just a guy who wants to quit smoking and found the Blu ads and then found this forum. I really wish I had found this forum before Blu. Then maybe I would be viewed in a different light.

I don't discount the possibility of spammers/people working for Blu... but there are also just a lot of new people too. Because of that, I think it was very understanding and gracious of SJ to give people interested in the Blu a forum to talk about it. It might have been better placed in the Specific Model Review subforum... but at least there is a place for it. I am thankful to SJ for that.

I understand, and this is my point... They are getting as much advertising as any of the paying suppliers. What could have worked better is to put it in the supplier subforum, not the supporting supplier subforum. Seems shifty to me personally. I know there was no harm intended, but it still comes across as odd.

Hmmmm.. Two.. TWO suggestions... ha... ha... ha...

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Interesting... Blu has an affiliate banner on this site... and the affiliate ID number is a pretty low number. I almost always browse with Firefox and AdBlock Plus but I had to see it for myself with IE Tab.

affiliatebanner.png

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
I pointed this out in another blu thread...that this site had blu affiliate banners all over it....since I know that blu doesn't pay ECF a penny for advertising or sponsorship I suggested that SJ might be an affiliate....another member suggested that mabey an affiliate is paying SJ to advertise his affiliate banner on the site....at any rate....the thread was closed...the only reason I pointed this out was because it seems like so many members on here feel that there is so called blu spammers....that they believe are paid by blu to come on here and sell blu on ECF....and if SJ is an affiliate.....which I'm NOT saying he is.....then he would be one of those members on here who is being paid by blu for being an affiliate. Which would make sense as to why he moved all blu threads to the sponsors section....because evertime someone clicks on the blu ad on here and makes a purchase he would make money. Which I believe no one has gotten an answer as to wether or not SJ is a blu affiliate. Wether he is or not...to me....really doesn't matter...I just can't grasp the logic as to why so many members could possibly hate newbies on here who they feel are just trying to get blu's name on here for financial gain when there own admin....if he is a affiliate.....is making money off blu. That's all I have to say about this subject. Have a good day ladies and gentlemen.

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
I just can't grasp the logic as to why so many members could possibly hate newbies on here who they feel are just trying to get blu's name on here for financial gain when there own admin....if he is a affiliate.....is making money off blu. That's all I have to say about this subject. Have a good day ladies and gentlemen.

Hate is a dangerous word to throw around casually. Puzzled, suspicious and skeptical are much more descriptive of the opinions expressed on this subject. Not hate.

Juggalo

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Wait till Blu can get there things strait but i have a feeling the prices will go up by then if you have opinions on this please pm me I can keep looking for all replies

THanks

e-cigs make me feel better my lungs omg i wanna cry im so happy about these things
I DONT WANT CIGS ANYMORE CANT STAND THEM CANT STAND HOW THEY HURT MY LUNGS NOW

Monie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Wait till Blu can get there things strait but i have a feeling the prices will go up by then if you have opinions on this please pm me I can keep looking for all replies

THanks

e-cigs make me feel better my lungs omg i wanna cry im so happy about these things
I DONT WANT CIGS ANYMORE CANT STAND THEM CANT STAND HOW THEY HURT MY LUNGS NOW

The price isn't that great, and you can get a J118 with PCC for the same or less with a coupon.....so it wouldn't be smart for them to increase the pricing.

accord96

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Their price is subjective to the perceived value.

They have done a great job of introducing the e cigarette to people who have never heard of it. Their line that it is 75% less that smoking is a great hook as it gets those smokes who are sick of the taxes going up to take the risk. If one carton is equal to $75 then it will pay for itself even if they force themselves to use all the carts up.

However, to people who have been to this forum or read into e cigs before the value is nowhere near what they try to represent. Most people here know that the carts don't last that long and that there are many other choices, but they do not have the marketing or affiliates that Blu has so their exposure is less, thus lessening the introduction to potential customers.

I hate Blu with a passion, which could lead some to say I am biased, however their customer service, and false advertisings have given me a justifiable reason to despise them.

SS109

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Marana, AZ - USA
I looked at the all the photos, read all the posts, but ...and maybe I'm out
line here in this thread or missed something... can the Blu Case (PCC) be Modded to fit 510 batteries? Could they fit? Would they charge?

At $9.99 I'd really like to know! :confused:
Natedogg tried to charge a 510 battery with a Blu PPC and it killed the battery. I would imagine it has something to do with the little chip in the battery that is incompatible.

The only thing I can say for sure is that you can use 510 batteries on a Blu atomizer and vice versa. The 510 battery makes the Blu atomizer kick .... IMO and is the pefect fix for someone having problems with a Blu battery that is too sensitive to wind and such.

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Also about the suspicions...I can understand the leery view a lot of veterans have. It can certainly seem that there are a lot of Blu employees here.

Hmm... There seems to be a subset of people who are just so upset with Blu that the can't imagine anyone else not being upset with Blu - thus, if they are saying something good about them, they must be a Blu employee or spammer. lol

While it is true that Blu doesn't put out the monster vape that other models do... and while it is true that Blu cig batteries are terribly over sensative to the point you can't go out to a club... and while it is also true that on some days you'll go through one battery before the other battery is even fully charged yet... there are lots of other great qualities that smokers love.

For me, it is the draw... Blus draw in like a cigarette. No hard core sucking or primer puffs... sometimes I feel like if I suck to hard on a larger model that my cheeks will sink in like this guy: http://napwa.org.au/files/images/lipo-face.jpg. heh...

I also like the PCC in that it houses a full cig and plenty of space to load up 5 carts WITH 5 atomizers (to keep flavor and for convenience).

I also have a 901, 510, 8084, and 4081. I love the vapor production on the others, but I always find myself coming back to the 'underdog' that is Blu Cig.

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I am still interested in the Blu. Does the white one have a blue LED? What flavors are best? How long does it take to charge in the case?

Both colors from Blu have only a blue LED. If you want a red LED, go to volcanocigs.com and you can Blu-compatible batteries there (They sell the EXACT same thing, just different branding logo and colors). In fact, while you are at it, you may like the vulcano style better so get their starter kit if you want.

Flavors: none are best. Instead, remove the foil from inside the mouthpiece bucket, clean the cotton, and refill with a TRUSTED brand of eliquid. I didn't spend any time with the included flavors since I wasn't sure about ingesting the over-sea's made liquid. So I emptied and cleaned out the cartridges and refilled them with forum-trusted (this is the greatest forum in the world) johnsonCreek brand.

A fully dead case takes 3 to 4 hours. I charge it over night since it promptly stops when it is full. Batteries via the case take between 45 min to an hour, depending on how you inturpret the charge battery light. I get between 6-8 battery charges before the case dies.

Check out ModernVapor as well for the SideSho model. They are made by the same manufacturer who insists on compatibility between their models. It puts out MUCH better and consistant vapor with greater battery longevity, at the expense of a longer ecig and a less convenient case that requires ecig assembly before use and will only hold a second atomizer (atomizers will eventually fail) if it is stored in one of the other slots without a usable mouthpiece (thus giving you only 3 available reserve slots vs Blu/Vulcano's 5 (and you can stick atomizers into every one of them!)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread