New Blu PCC kit to include "Social Features"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think if you Polled people who are considering trying an e-Cigarette for the First Time, that the Overwhelming Majority would say that they want Something that is Cigarette Sized when it comes to a PV.

If I put a Box mod, a Provari, a Darwin and a Blu on a table and ask a Newbie which would they prefer, with few Exceptions they will pick the Blu.

I’ve heard so many comments about like… “I can’t Walk around Hitting on something that looks like a Garage Door Opener.” Or “I’m not going to pull out something that looks like a Vibrator in Public and put my Mouth on it!”

So Blu, and all the other Cigarette Sized PV’s play a Very Important Role in getting someone to Try a e-Cigarette. Because if they weren’t an option, Many People would Not Try an e-Cig in the First Place.

Are there Better PV’s out there? For Most people, Yes, Yes there is. Is it Really a Big Deal that a person will spend more money down the road on another PV? No, No it Isn’t.

I’m not a Blu Basher. I actually Like Blu.

I like them because they have gotten a Lot of People to Try e-Cigs. Also because Blu has Pumped a Lot of Advertising Dollars into the ECF over the Years.

----

Back on Topic.

I like the Social Feature of the Blu PCC. I wouldn’t use it much but I know a Lot of People who would.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Oh, good grief!! Now, you are claiming I am ignorant? LOL! What a funny person, you are.
I've been vaping since 2008, and this argument has persisted since then. Some elitists believe that since they love toting around a giant contraption that does not resemble a cigarette then absolutely everyone MUST do the same. I have bought nearly every model of e cig I could possibly afford over the past 4 years, and I STILL prefer the ones that look like cigarettes. I love that Blu has been a pioneer in making e cigs mainstream, and I salute their innovation and success. I also salute the deal that they made from BT because with their resources, my guess is that Blu will come out with some extremely good products. Ignore the elitists. In this world, we still get to choose what we like and what works best for us.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
This is very interesting... And they are available now. I do not plan to buy a Blu kit, nor have I tried them, based on terrible reviews. However it appears that they are trying (and succeeding) in improving their products, down to the cartomizers. Looks like that now they are owned by BT, they are going to be a significant player for the long haul.

Here is the link to a blog discussing the new features of their groundbreaking PCC. New Blu Pack - A Social Networking Device

And of course, you can order the pack in the new kits on the Blu site, if that's your thing.

Happy Vaping! :laugh:

I'm not too sure about that Bluetooth device they're using. What if someone hijacks your e-cig and makes it melt down, instead of just vibrating?

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Everyone has the right to disagree, but to imply a fellow member of ECF as ignorant makes me quite upset. I truely belive that all the vapers I have had the pleasure of reading or conversing with to be quite smart upstanding people. As soon as ECF members start using words twards each other as ignorant we begin excluding people. I am verry inclusive. The more the better.

kirk359

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
www.blucigs.com
I have a new Premium 100 kit with the social feature and have found it to be useless. It drains the battery in the PCC faster and in my month of carrying my pack with me everywhere I have yet for it to detect anyone. Even when I go to Walgreens to buy more carts the thing doesn't go off like its supposed to when you get within 50 ft of a retail location. I wonder I that is because it only detects other smart PCC's and since Walgreens only carries the original starter kits, there is nothing for it to detect. Any ways, the fact that it found no person with a Blu or has not gone off in any stores that sell Blu makes me wonder if it even works. I do see a noticeable life in battery life with the PCC if I turn it off though. I can squeeze an extra battery recharge out of the PCC I otherwise would not get. Anyone else have similar experiences? Or has ANYONE gotten the social features on their pack to actually work as advertised? To me it seems like a gimmick that is WAY overrated. Geared towards getting Blu more press but not actually doing anything for the user. If they want to do something that people would actually use, how about the desktop software they promised that uses the new packs to track vaping data and usage as well as automatic reordering of carts. From what I can tell Blu has been keeping us waiting for this since early 2012 an still no release date in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread