Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Has anyone had any trouble receiving their shipments since the new California law was enacted? I'm worried because I shipped to my PO Box and I didn't have to put in my DL # for any of the three orders I put in this weekend. My biggest hope if this is an issue is that I put in the street address of the PO Box for my shipments and the postmaster signs for them and puts them in the box, may just luck out.

Vape1000RR

Jul 6, 2016
    Bay Area, CA
    Not too sure about P.O boxes, but with a residential shipping address / credit card, I did not need to do anything more except make an account with my birthday. The most that has happened was a phonecall to provide my DOB. The worst experience I had regarding the age is with MBV new security system (they even called it a PITA themselves) which is suppose to verify the purchaser's age. But other that, I can get most things shipped to my house.

Reactions: Eskie

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 21, 2016
    www.huffandpuffers.com
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I tried googling it for you but as usual there's all these news articles and none of them tell you what the actual law is. Essentially you need to be over 21 years old and prove it online. What I'm concerned with is PO Box's and those of us that don't have actual mailboxes. I've heard of people having to show DL and sign for packages on delivery. My drivers license is an old address I don't live at, my billing address is a PO Box, and my shipping address is the same PO Box but I have to list it as #### Street St #0000 to make sure UPS and Fedex will complete shipments there.

I suspect my orders placed this weekend are fine because none of the companies I ordered from even had an age verification process. But I do think I'm going to get a lot of orders turned around until I change license number, billing and shipping addresses. Might be able to use work somehow but if they make billing match shipping I'm screwed no matter what.

Reactions: ph0ng

Vape1000RR

Jul 6, 2016
    Bay Area, CA
    I tried googling it for you but as usual there's all these news articles and none of them tell you what the actual law is. Essentially you need to be over 21 years old and prove it online. What I'm concerned with is PO Box's and those of us that don't have actual mailboxes. I've heard of people having to show DL and sign for packages on delivery. My drivers license is an old address I don't live at, my billing address is a PO Box, and my shipping address is the same PO Box but I have to list it as #### Street St #0000 to make sure UPS and Fedex will complete shipments there.

I suspect my orders placed this weekend are fine because none of the companies I ordered from even had an age verification process. But I do think I'm going to get a lot of orders turned around until I change license number, billing and shipping addresses. Might be able to use work somehow but if they make billing match shipping I'm screwed no matter what.
    Had an order today cancelled due to the 21 law. It was denied because the new system the vendor started to use was a complete failure. Another way they can determine your age is by using your name on the credit card used and asking for the last 4 digits of their social security as well. Then, through databases, they connect the SSN with the full name of the individual to help determine the age.

CALIFORNIA IS BECOMING CRAZY

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I was about to place an order at vapordna (Calif), and there was a warning to all customers that they will no longer ship to PO Box's. But I'm in Houston, Tx where no such laws have hit us yet. But Vapordna still won't ship to PO Box, even to Houston.
    There are a lot of businesses; not just vape related that will not ship to PO boxes. I think that sucks. People have PO boxes for a reason....to receive their mail!

glointhedark

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    Antelope, CA, USA
    So far, I have not had a major issue with shipments to Northern California. Of course, I have only placed 3 orders since the new regs went into effect.

One vendor did not do age verification at all, and I got my order in a timely fashion. Once MBV put their verification process in place, my first order under the new system took a full week from order date to receipt date. I placed another order on 7/4 to take advantage of their Independence Day sale, got phone call verification on 7/5, my order shipped 7/6, and, hopefully, I will have it in my hands today or tomorrow. So far, I have not had a problem with the verification process. Of course, I am 66, my shipping and billing addresses match, etc.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    I've had multiple orders with no problem, so far. Last I heard, MBV won't ship to CA and Mad Vapes wants a DL copy sent to them. Very few places I'd be willing to send sensitive information to.
    There are a lot of businesses; not just vape related that will not ship to PO boxes. I think that sucks. People have PO boxes for a reason....to receive their mail!
    Until a few years ago, all we could do was was have mail sent to a PO Box since the PO didn't deliver here. Once they started delivering our here the mail theft began. We kept our PO box. If a company doesn't get that some people are rural and have no choice but to use a PO box, they can go to hell. Never had a problem with vape vendors, big time companies (like car rentals) yes. We just found a rental company that "got it."

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I've had multiple orders with no problem, so far. Last I heard, MBV won't ship to CA and Mad Vapes wants a DL copy sent to them. Very few places I'd be willing to send sensitive information to.

Until a few years ago, all we could do was was have mail sent to a PO Box since the PO didn't deliver here. Once they started delivering our here the mail theft began. We kept our PO box. If a company doesn't get that some people are rural and have no choice but to use a PO box, they can go to hell. Never had a problem with vape vendors, big time companies (like car rentals) yes. We just found a rental company that "got it."
    I'm struggling right now to remember the name of a vendor I tried to buy juice from. They had the age verification but in order for registration to be completed, a copy of DL had to be sent to them. It wasn't Mad Vapes but some company that only sold "exotic" juices......(according to them). :blink:
    Not like I was coming to them for an auto loan or something- it's just juice .... I never did send my DL to them.
    Guess their exotic elixir will forever elude me. :banana:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska

I had not heard of any of this and happen to be one of those "rural people" that have no other option for mail delivery! Hope this doesn't catch on or I will have to pay extra on all orders for UPS/FEDEX delivery. Will this crappie ever stop?

Reactions: bnrkwest

Saippenu

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 18, 2016
    U.S. Northeast
    Had an order today cancelled due to the 21 law. It was denied because the new system the vendor started to use was a complete failure. Another way they can determine your age is by using your name on the credit card used and asking for the last 4 digits of their social security as well. Then, through databases, they connect the SSN with the full name of the individual to help determine the age.

CALIFORNIA IS BECOMING CRAZY

I don't give out any part of my ss number online and I never ever give out my real birth date, mothers maiden name etc.
    Just one more reason to have stocked up early.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Question for the folks that have had orders go through and were required to do the age verification. What has to match? Billing and shipping? Billing, shipping, and drivers license?

I don't like giving out anything beyond my credit card online but if it's required and one of the vendors I've been using for 2+ years I'll do what I have to.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    "I'm not beholden to watts or volts. I vape to taste whether it's + or -. I didn't get into vaping to all of a sudden start caring about math or science!" Man I just read this and fell the f out hahahaha. Funny thing is I'm an engineer that was all excited to have a real life reason to use math and science... three years later the only thing that matters to me is plus or minus.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Man! I could really be up a creek if all of this goes into effect:

1. Can't ship to a P O Box
    2. Billing and shipping addresses must match

In the small town I live in, the only option to receive mail is a P O Box. My CC address is obviously my mailing address, that P O Box. UPS/FEDEX only deliver to a street address. Online orders of any kind are a royal PITA when they don't specify method of shipment, but vape stuff would be impossible to order.

Reactions: kross8

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    Man! I could really be up a creek if all of this goes into effect:

1. Can't ship to a P O Box
    2. Billing and shipping addresses must match

In the small town I live in, the only option to receive mail is a P O Box. My CC address is obviously my mailing address, that P O Box. UPS/FEDEX only deliver to a street address. Online orders of any kind are a royal PITA when they don't specify method of shipment, but vape stuff would be impossible to order.

Having to match billing and shipping addresses would be a major problem for me in the winter months when I'm not home (in New York State) but residing in Florida. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread