Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
COV is selling these
for $14.99.... BUT
you also get a key ring hole AND a wrist strap:blink:

The reason there is a higher price, is because he is using SS.....which is WAY more expensive than the carbon collar. I still think it's a tad expensive for that....but total cost to build is probably around $10....give or take.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
making a punch is the easiest thing anyone can do...

cut a 1" strip from a 2x4
-O.M.G. MEASURING!

drill a 3/8" hole into the block of wood just deep enough for the body of the carto.

now drill a hole(dia. of a nail) perpendicular to the 3/8" hole you previously made.
-placement of nail hole could be set in a way for predetermined location on carto.
-O.M.G. MORE MEASURING!

take nail with a large flat head (roofing nails work well) and cut it at a sharp angle to a depth that you determine.
-make multiples for easy replacement.
-O.M.G. EVEN MORE MEASURING!

slip carto into larger 3/8" hole

put nail in smaller hole that is perpendicular to carto. DUH!

whack nail with hammer.

enjoy!

an easy to use carto punch that can be made in minutes, that you wont care if you loose or break .

i really dont get why people need to reinvent something that has been around forever.

i just take a hammer and whack a sharp CLEAN nail through it.... the block is just there to hold the nail and to keep it from going too deep.

Sarcasm is just for the LOLz, no hate intended.... just sharing a different method.

Last edited:

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
making a punch is the easiest thing anyone can do...

cut a 1" strip from a 2x4
-O.M.G. MEASURING!

drill a 3/8" hole into the block of wood just deep enough for the body of the carto.

now drill a hole(dia. of a nail) perpendicular to the 3/8" hole you previously made.
-placement of nail hole could be set in a way for predetermined location on carto.
-O.M.G. MORE MEASURING!

take nail with a large flat head (roofing nails work well) and cut it at a sharp angle to a depth that you determine.
-make multiples for easy replacement.
-O.M.G. EVEN MORE MEASURING!

slip carto into larger 3/8" hole

put nail in smaller hole that is perpendicular to carto. DUH!

whack nail with hammer.

enjoy!

an easy to use carto punch that can be made in minutes, that you wont care if you loose or break .

i really dont get why people need to reinvent something that has been around forever.

i just take a hammer and whack a sharp CLEAN nail through it.... the block is just there to hold the nail and to keep it from going too deep.

Sarcasm is just for the LOLz, no hate intended.... just sharing a different method.

I used this one forever, it is still my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread