The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Cartos at Stormy's!

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by CloudBurst, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Looking for an alternative to the usual cartomizers with numerous quality issues? This cartomizer is for you!

SVC proudly introduces our own line of cartomizer with the new “Cloud Maker”.
    This is a 510 cartomizer, standard sized, and it soaks up juice like a sponge, unlike several of the other brands. No more problems with waiting for the juice to soak in and then putting in a little more.. Now you can quickly fill your carto and get on vaping. (We do suggest you wait at least 10 minutes to make sure the juice distributes well in the filler.)

We worked with the manufacturer to make this cartomizer to her own specifications. We insisted on filler that would both quickly absorb the juice and hold it. The coil is heavy duty.
    Flavor is fantastic and not muted. And talk about vapor production!! That’s why we named it the “Cloud Maker” because you will get tons of vapor from this carto.
    Testing with a variety of juices has shown it has lasted up to two weeks in many cases. It is available in 2.1-2.4 and 2.5-2.9 ohms and other ohms and length cartos may be offered soon.

The length is approximately 35.7 mm and as mentioned before, it has a 510 connector. SVC does offer adapters if you have a PV with another connector. Each carto is individually wrapped in foil for hygiene and safety. They come in boxes of 5 and we are sure you will be very satisfied with this fantastic new device. We are confident you will find this new cartomizer to be the best you have tried.

You won’t be disappointed!

2. Trainguy059

Trainguy059 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Is the new carto top or bottom coil?

3. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    It's a bottom horizontal coil, great for tanks to!

4. Trainguy059

Aug 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Excellent. Thanks!

5. Keefer2112

Keefer2112 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    DALLAS
    Super excited Stormy! My 4 Arry's have been very unhappy! Tanks are Fabulous of course but have no good cartos to mate with ;-)

6. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I tested these in the Arry tank, they're great!

7. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Full Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Orange Park FL
    Broke out one of my Act v4s and filled with one of my liquids that has been the toughest on cartos (Cappuccino). Gotta say so far that the flavor and volume of vapor is WAY better than on the cartos that have been having *ahem* "quality control issues" :glare:

So far, me likey! :vapor:

8. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I just ordered a pack of the SVC cartos a few minutes ago. It will be good to have a carto that actually soaks up juice and provides decent taste for a change. I've about given up on Boge until people start raving about them again. I'm trying to use up the 5 boxes I ordered several months back. The Boges just don't absorb liquid like they used to, even when you use the condom soak method and leave them soaking all day. It takes all night for the Boges to absorb half a cap of juice.

I'm hoping the SVC carto will be like the old days!

9. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    David- you live in Macon? We're neighbors!

10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Yep, I'm in South Monroe County with a Macon address. I'll have to drop buy next time I order and pick up in person. It would be good to meet you guys in person and save the USPS cost.

BTW, the new SVC Cloud Maker cartos are just about what I was used to when Boges were like the old days. There might even be a bigger cloud with the SVC carto now that I think back. BogeGate kind of turned me off to cartos. SVC has turned that back on with the Cloud Maker!

I'm impressed with the fast absorption rate. You can fill a long condom a little over half way, insert the cloud maker, and the juice gets sucked up in the first minute. I always top it off until it looks slushy at that point and let it sit in the condom for a while just to ensure saturation. Then, I blow it out and vape.

I have done the same thing with the recent Boge cartos and let them sit overnight. In the morning, the pool is still sitting on top of the filler. Same amount of juice and same size carto. Go figure. SVC Cloud Makers are definitely better, so much that after ordering one box, I turned around and ordered 4 more. ;)

11. blacklung

blacklung Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    only tried one carto so far and they are nice.
    really soaks up juice fast.... It might just be me but I think I can taste juice better with these.

one tiny complaint is the draw is tighter than I'd like(some may prefer it, matter of opinion) but, I'm sticking with these for a while. Might try enlarging the air holes at the bottom to see if that helps.

12. yardbyrd

yardbyrd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Howdy neighbors! I may just have to try out some of those cartos you're talking about DaveP. You live in South Monroe County and I live in North Macon.....guess we're not too far apart!

SVC has been fantastic with meeting me in Macon so I can save shipping charges. I'm off to check out the new SVC Cloud Maker cartos.

-CAW!-

13. Trainguy059

Aug 29, 2012
    Indiana
    I kinda gave up on cartos when I got hooked on the Kanger T3s. Got a pack in my Christmas stocking and just now got around to trying one out. Nice! Really vacuums up the juice which seems to feed well to the coil as I vape. Huge amounts of vapor and surprisingly good flavor at ~4V on my Twist. Hardly muted at all. Now, if I could only get 3ml of juice in one of these, I'd rethink my addiction to the T3. Very nice product Stormy!

14. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Thanks Trainguy, I'm glad you like them. :)

15. STVNMR

STVNMR Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    Celina, TX
    Is the filler material in a Cloud Maker anything like that of Smoktech cartomizers? I'm curious because I don't think it could absorb liquid as quickly as people say if it were as tightly packed as Boges. I can't stand Boges.

I'm loving my 1.7 ohm Resurrectors right now, but I'm looking for a higher resistance carto to use with my new Provari so I can bump up the voltage and get more flexibility out of it. The loosely packed filler in Resurrectors couldn't be more perfect for fast, even wicking; so I'm hoping the filler these Cloud Makers is similar. If so, they may be perfect for me.

Also, can anyone who uses/has used Ressurectors tell me how the vapor density compares to the Cloud Makers? I'm assuming with a name like "Cloud Maker" it's got some volume to it, but I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before purchasing a new carto. I've had too many bad experiences with cartos in the past not to be skeptical.

Lastly, has anyone besides Blacklung noticed a tighter draw and felt it was too much? I appreciate any info y'all can offer.

16. STVNMR

STVNMR Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    Celina, TX
    In need of cartos and convinced by the reviews on this thread, I decided to try these for myself. I was disappointed to find the batting wrapped just as tightly as it is in Boge cartos, but what's worse is that it seems to absorb liquid even slower than Boges, contrary to the comments above. The draw is also unbearably tight, and knowing that it only gets tighter through the life of any carto, I couldn't deal with it past the first day after trying two cartos with two different juice/hole punch combinations. To top it all off, the flavor was almost nonexistent and there were no clouds to be made with these "Cloud Makers".

I wish I would have waited for an answer to my previous questions or decided to purchase fewer units to try out. I learned a lesson, though, and I'll be sticking with my Resurrectors from now on.

17. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    Hey Stormy, I'm sorry to report the same results. Just received my first order of Cloud Makers two days ago. Draw is way too tight. I tried two different Cloud Makers on several different devices. The result was the same. Tight to the point of being unvapeable. Has anyone else reported this?

Thanks, JJ

18. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I'm looking into this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.