New coil, new juice, and it isn't enjoyable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanepj13

Aug 13, 2016
Hey all,

At this point in time, I can say that I have been vaping for almost a year now. I started as an alternative to smoking cigarettes, and its been working! But of course I have had my fair share of issues. I'm always learning new things and constantly trying to tweak my setup to work best for me. The current issue is this: I bought new coils, new fluid, and its very rough/harsh. It isn't the least bit enjoyable to me, and I cannot figure out why. Basically what happens is I take a short drag from it, and it gives me this awful dry and uncomfortable feeling in the back of my throat. It almost makes me cough, but not quite. To be clear, its not a dry hit... if anything, I get no taste at all, no burnt taste and no fluid taste. Here's a rundown of the setup...

Smok Koopor Plus 200W TC, Smok TFV4 Mini, TF-T4 "Quad Clapton Core" coil, Smoozie Strawberries Gone Wild juice (70VG) 6mg, Imren 3000MAH 40A 3.7V 18650 Batteries.

Now, I have had this mod for about a month now and have tried the TF-S6 Sextuple coil as well as the TF-T3... With these coils I vaped The Clown's Pennywise (Max VG, 6mg) and Bad Drip's Farleys Gnarly Sauce (70VG/30PG - 80VG/20PG? The internets numbers are not consistent... 6mg). Those set ups were perfectly fine at about 85W, so what gives with the current set up? Do I need to toss the coils? The fluid? Both? I tried the wattage everywhere in the coils' range of 60-120 and nothing helps. I really appreciate any and all input, thanks!

Edit: The fluid is a bit thicker seeming than the other two. Is there a better coil I should be using for the change?

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I suppose each to their own.

I've been vaping to get off cigarettes and found vaping meets my basic needs. I started with a cigalike battery and a sponge filled cartridge that I stuck on top of a heating element. Any upgrade from there was to improve battery life and flavor.

I use 12mg juice I make on my own and a couple of tanks for delivery: It's nowhere near 200 watts or several coils.

I just worry that folks feel the need to go to extreme measures in order to satisfy a simple matter and are sold a bill of goods that is ultimately unnessesary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread